Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SoCal's 20H EssPeeEss Reef

Arkayology

Came back from the lab and the little nem was moving so after a little persuasion, I got it off the big rock and took the rock out. I took the opportunity to clean and some some re-arranging of corals and I am happy with what I have. Don't mind the toadstool frags down in front, I am waiting for them to sprout a stalk so I can sell/trade them. They grow pretty quickly so I should see some results in a couple of weeks.

DSCN0987.jpg

new peach birdsnest, about the size of a softball

DSCN0986.jpg

current fts

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya, it was pretty cheap also. I am still thinking about getting that RBTA... convince me to do it or not?

do eet!

Killer birdsnest. The new FTS is great.

+1 to that

Ya, it was pretty cheap also. I am still thinking about getting that RBTA... convince me to do it or not?

Go for it.

RBTA sting is not the terrifying thing everyone makes it out to be. A lot if corals can hold their own against it.

Do it...live a little.

Check out my vid...that is what it would add to your already beautiful tank!

I love words of encouragement! I am not worried about the thing stinging anything, I am just thinking that I am running out of room and those things can get big. I couldn't have two or three 8'' btas in the tank.

I hear ya....

I am hoping when mine splits, that his clones are easy to remove (currently my LR consists 4ea. 5-6 lb rocks).

I already have claims for splits :P

I hear ya....

I am hoping when mine splits, that his clones are easy to remove (currently my LR consists 4ea. 5-6 lb rocks).

I already have claims for splits :P

Ya, I feed mine once a week in hopes that they grow fast and split . I find it odd that mine really don't grab food eagerly though. I have to basically put it right by they mouth and wait 10 min for them to eat it. I may stop feeding for awhile as they may just not be hungry. My lighting is really strong so I am thinking that are getting more then enough food. Who knows though?

From my experience, they are hard as hell to get off rock once they find a place that they like.

Can you get rod's food? I baste a little wad of rod's onto the nems tentacles every other day and down the hatch it goes. Even the little tiny nem likes the stuff.

Can you get rod's food? I baste a little wad of rod's onto the nems tentacles every other day and down the hatch it goes. Even the little tiny nem likes the stuff.

I have been reading about this Rod's Food stuff and I like the sound of it but the only LFS in Santa Barbara does not carry it. I could have them special order it for me at no charge though so I may try it. What does it look like/how is it packaged? Does it make a mess in your tank?

I have been reading about this Rod's Food stuff and I like the sound of it but the only LFS in Santa Barbara does not carry it. I could have them special order it for me at no charge though so I may try it. What does it look like/how is it packaged? Does it make a mess in your tank?

I know everyone is a big fan of Rod's food, but having tried it against Rogger's Reef Food I must say that the difference in quality plus the crazy feeding response from everything in my tank is noticeable.... but don't take my word for it, see if you can get Rogger's food ordered, you'll thank me later. B)

All of these premade foods have so many ingredients... but I don't see any that have killer whale or baby seals, manatee and dolphins. That would be the deal clincher for me... rare or exotic baby animals in my fishes' food. Only the best ya know? :)

All of these premade foods have so many ingredients... but I don't see any that have killer whale or baby seals, manatee and dolphins. That would be the deal clincher for me... rare or exotic baby animals in my fishes' food. Only the best ya know? :)

Do it like Whale Wars. It's scientific research after all :lol:

I know everyone is a big fan of Rod's food, but having tried it against Rogger's Reef Food I must say that the difference in quality plus the crazy feeding response from everything in my tank is noticeable.... but don't take my word for it, see if you can get Rogger's food ordered, you'll thank me later. B)

I'll have to try Roggers and compare it vs. Rod's. Everything in my tank goes nuts for Rod's. Variety of ingredients and sizes works very well imo.

SoCal, it comes in a little frozen thick sheet in a ziplock type "bag"

Here are the ingredients:

Shrimp, scallop, oyster, clam, Squid, octopus, enriched brine, krill, mysis, grouper, Frozen Red Plankton, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, Red Nori, green nori, selco, garlic, Golden pearls (all sizes), DTs oyster eggs, nutra rose powder, fresh hatched brine, fresh harvested rotifers.

I might have my LFS order some for me and I will try it. You say that it feeds the corals as well? I bet my acans and nems would love it.

Picked up some stuff from the LFS today.

DSCN0989.jpg

Bottlebrush Macro

DSCN0990.jpg

2 small heads of Acan, Green, Red and White colored

Those are cool looking macros. Calciferous?

Acan-whore.

I don't think they are Calciferous, or at least I hope not. My calcium levels must suck. Too bad I am too cheap to buy a Ca test kit lol.

And yes... I am an Acan whore. I need more of them for sure.

Edit: They do not suck calcium. Apparently they are good nitrate and phosphate reducers

Archived