ReefCleaners.org

Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations

Christopher Marks

Both Zia and PolarCollision would get my vote. There was a setback with PolarCollision's tank and no pics for a while, but when it comes back I think it's a no brainer for a true nano tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/316682-polarcollisions-nuvo-8-temperate-6/page-10#entry4463349

I also want to re-nominate Saltt

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/312559-28-gal-intermediate-led-nanocube/page-10#entry4471703

28wgw0j.jpg

• Like 8

Both Zia and PolarCollision would get my vote. There was a setback with PolarCollision's tank and no pics for a while, but when it comes back I think it's a no brainer for a true nano tank.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/316682-polarcollisions-nuvo-8-temperate-6/page-10#entry4463349

I also want to re-nominate Saltt

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/312559-28-gal-intermediate-led-nanocube/page-10#entry4471703

28wgw0j.jpg

wow

PolarCollision FTW! the balance in this little 8g cube is amazing!

July2013FTS_zps6f857fda.jpg

This tank makes me never want to stop looking.

• Like 5

Considering how small those two tanks are compared to Zia's and Asureef's, they should share the december TOTM

:D

I think there should be Nano TOTM for tanks under 20 Gallons and TOTM for tanks over 20 Gallons.

This is NANO-reef.com so all tanks nominated and featured are TOTMs for that category. Saying Polar and Salt should share because their tanks are small compared to Aus and Zia is insulting to their tanks. They made great displays embracing the true nano reef mentality. Having a beautiful tank in such a small package shows off the skills and dedication of the hobbyist. This does not disqualify great larger tanks that came before (MedReds 60 for example) but I feel that the true nanos deserve more credit than the 40 gallon breeders and large cubes.

• Like 4

So your saying because I said they are smaller in size/gallons I'm insulting them? How'd you know that did you read my mind? Because if you did you ####ed up big time :mellow:

• Like 1

I actually think in the new year we should have pico of the month, nano of the month (whatever is "officially" a nano i hear 5-40) and then lightweight and heavy weight which would need to be decided what the size criteria would be maybe like 41-90 and 91+

Exploded nuvo of the week. ENOTW

• Like 5

I really prefer true nano tanks with total water volume under 40 gallons. IMO that is the true spirit of nano reef. Of course I'll be happy to recognize any and all wonderful aquariums.

Edit ... I hate hard and fast numbers ... there are a lot of great nanos with over 40 total gallons, and there is certainly a need for recognition of tanks between 5 and 90 gallons since the vast majority of standard reef tanks are 90+ gallons.

• Like 2

I think adding a ton of separate category would take away from TOTM. Its a huge honor to win since there aren't a ton of categories for it. I think the system as is works just great! Christopher Marks picks some gorgeous tanks!

• Like 6

That's a one HELLUVA CANDY SHOP!

• Like 1

Actually I guess you guys are right but pico of the month should be a thing

Are there enough Totm picos for that to be a long term thing? I really like the way ToTM is done right now. I never see a tank where I think "meh" and I hope it stays that way, rather than being diluted into several categories.

• Like 6

Isn't it harder to maintain/keep a smaller tank than a larger tank?

At least that's what everybody says. Right? So, keeping that in mind,

it seems seeing a 10-40 gallon amazing/healthy/full nano-reef tank is really what the
essence of this site is all about. 2 cents. W-

I don't think there is a thing wrong with the way it works now, I haven't seen a tank I was disappointed with yet. Well maybe mine. Haha. A wide variety of tanks are covered from all different sizes and all different budgets.

+1 for ZIA but entire system. I know the display fuge isn't a year old but essentially it's an equipment upgrade isn't it.

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Monthly Reef Profile (TOTM) Nominations