inTank Media Baskets

Disaster's 80gal + 15gal SPS Reef Tank

disaster999

maybe you 2 didnt read my previous posts...

these clown a cross between the offspring of a black clown + onyx clown and a snowflake clown.

i dont see how this is inbred.

cant satisfy you all. i get wild caught you guys say im destroying the environment, i get special bred aquacultured fish and you say poor inbred fish.

these clown a cross between the offspring of a black clown + onyx clown and a snowflake clown.

cant satisfy you all. i get wild caught you guys say im destroying the environment, i get special bred aquacultured fish and you say poor inbred fish.

Lmao. Don't listen to them. Can't make everyone happy!

• 2 weeks later...

my cleaner shrimp just died for no reason. not really sure why. i just cant keep shrimp in my tank for some reason. they all end up belly up after a while.

even with shrimp that constantly eats it will end up dead....why is this so hard =(

my cleaner shrimp just died for no reason. not really sure why. i just cant keep shrimp in my tank for some reason. they all end up belly up after a while.

even with shrimp that constantly eats it will end up dead....why is this so hard =(

Iodine or predator. When they molt is the time they die whether due to improper molting for lack of iodine, or too much, or predators when they are soft after a molt.

your probably right, i did notice the "head" molt floating around, but the tail isnt there. the corpse is headless and only the tail remains.

i dont think i have any predators that would hunt shrimps. 2 tangs, 4 clownfish, 2 6-line, 1 clown goby.

might start adding iodine

:lol: don't take life so seriously. It was a joke. I like fancy clowns, no matter if they're inbred or not. It's a fish, and we're not exactly breeding them to pass the SAT test.

It could be bristle worms.

hmmm i do have bristle worms in my tank, but i cant see why it would take a month for them to actually kill it. and its not like they ganged up on the shrimp either. i would see them all munching on the shrimp if they are

I put my money on those 2 six lines.

thats how i lost mine.

the shrimp is around 50% bigger than the 2 6line. and ive never seen the 2 6line being aggressive toward the shrimp either. even when it was dead the tangs where all om mom mom at the shrimp. the 2 6line were playing tag in between the rocks.

maybe i just dont have luck with shrimp. any shrimp i throw into my tank they end up being fish food -_-

:lol: don't take life so seriously. It was a joke. I like fancy clowns, no matter if they're inbred or not. It's a fish, and we're not exactly breeding them to pass the SAT test.

hard to detect joke/sarcasm over the internet. but yeah hard to please everyone. i did have someone comment about wild caught clowns when i bought my first pair, which i understand. wasnt expecting to have someone comment on my aquacultured clowns as well hence my reaction.

hard to detect joke/sarcasm over the internet. but yeah hard to please everyone. i did have someone comment about wild caught clowns when i bought my first pair, which i understand. wasnt expecting to have someone comment on my aquacultured clowns as well hence my reaction.

Yeah sorry, I figured the smiley would convey it. If you go eat a hamburger there's someone who will yell at you in this world. There is always someone to yell at you.

• 2 weeks later...

F***.....one of my Picasso clowns decided it likes to sleep on the floor better than in a box of water....now im down to 3 clowns.

It didnt show signs of stress during the period that I owned it. Hell I didnt have any jumpers since going rimless. The water level is a good 2" from the rim of the tank. This is the first fish that jump.

i havent tested the water in my tank in like...forever, so i was bored over the weekend and decided to dust off the test kits and test my water.

my mag was a little low at 1100ppm which is expected, i havent dosed any mag in a while too,

my alk was doing pretty good at 9.6dkh which was surprising

iodine was a tad low at 390ppm which is only 10ppm from the recommended 400ppm

phosphate is 0 which i dont expect it to be anything else.

then comes calcium. i was expecting it to be pretty rock solid so i just went ahead and added 60% of the reagent to the vial as it usually takes around 80% of the reagent for it to turn color. it instantly turned color and i thought to myself. this doesnt seem right. so i redid the test making sure i add in drop after drop and it was reading around 200ppm.

kind of surprised it was reading this low. so i just emptied half the bottle of highly concentrated kent turbo calcium solution into the tank which was kind of stupid. it fogged up a little and my SPS started slimming. but everything recovered within an hour. tested the calc again and it was at 250ppm

I went and got new test kit the next day and compared it to the old one. the new one reads 300ppm and the old one reads around 240ppm. guess ill be testing my water more frequently from now on.

Hi there, what would we do without test kits? You still have the mister clean sponge I sent you? Would you consider using it to clean the inside of an established tank? I'm trying to decide if a brand new clean mister clean sponge is okay to use in an established tank.

• 2 weeks later...

its that plastic box shown in the picture. basically there are trap doors in the front. you feed your fish inside the box to lure the fish inside. once their in, you drop the doors trapping them in

and if your wondering whats inside the box...

DSC_5176.JPG

DSC_5178.JPG

DSC_5181.JPG

Where did you get this box? Ive been looking for one like this. Plus love the tank and lights!!!!