Coral Vue Hydros

Disaster's 80gal + 15gal SPS Reef Tank

disaster999

mitten_reef
1 hour ago, disaster999 said:

Just want to give a quick update, not much happened 3 months after my last post. Still having the same problem with some of my corals struggling to survive, while others are thriving and have no idea why. I sold off all my frog spawn and is FINALLY relieved about it. I dont have to stress and craw back into my cave whenever Im staring at my frag tank anymore.

Was talking to a few people about my SPS problem where some thrive and some slowly dies and they suggested me to get new lights. Ive been wanting to get new lights for my tank for a while, but instantly got discouraged to know LED lights costs thousands to replace. Not until someone introduced me to Noopsyche. They are sort of like if Radion and AI had a child together and the result is Noopsyche. Its a small compact 95W LED with 5 controllable channels and a big 90degree lens to focus all that light into your tank. The lights can be synced up wirelessly and the programming controlled via a remote control. A package with the light, light stand, and the control comes to under $150USD. Additional lights are under $90USD and additional light stands are $15USD. I bought 3 lights thinking with a total of 260W, upgrading to 285W isnt that over kill, the total for my lights shipped to my door was under $370USD, or around the price of 1 AI Hydra 26HD. This to me was a steal.

ZYDtYgq8UkbIlk--6LZppHd9ckAqNGajNlXVtvq4

XhidUYVkkyUe8PleJbpL4-aQ2oXHJnAcawK4im1S

wweT1Wt8pSZsGFK3GXw3Jm7jKTU15TNqNjGwjePr

The output of these little lights are insane. They easily blow the 130W Ethereal out of the water. Right now Im only running 2 lights to replace the 2 Ethereals I have and they seem to be more than enough for my tank. I will install the 3rd light after my corals acclimates to the new lights for a more even coverage and running the lights at lower output.

thanks for the costs info on those new lights - awesome deal! and they look pretty good too!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

It almost looks like you could use a forth one, to get more light to the sides.

That aside, I always marvel at your tanks.  Beautiful.

• Like 1
disaster999

Thanks seabass. That means a lot

I think its the way I took the picture which looks like the sides are a bit dark. This is what it looks like when everything is balanced

gjgdXjCdhUD6lRaWcdJylhZbB8YInloH-PAMIIr1NzzmEAcK6h0WjCZu50fJ47XiK9P_l8-vb8iiHH62gEJt_Q2MdfN0E8ga2P5c6b_Otf_L0s_7q8nuYemyvRmxSZsrZnrTOdE7mzttQTwgeNg4oStA9AUvTEUnTXgajKjNoOsy0PS3df9RsXmC_89MWBNGlgFCKQ_5YCYvqWqeLtSJJ-BG-_8rVLNXCcYLVeqPojehKriAlJiFu1gQFoAbjAYvQctsi-QmN9hZEQAIc1_FMQ1rAnx2O7dTTWscPGm9Sdrz42YxA5RYt4HIaMT1QdSX8DiASuCL1QskrQSGQWSR-Zd0NSsiT2CbOucb5FY3N6efBpYoyM6EvTKlZPo-9BCyIKSWVRLzScta3LcWe1nllsRtqTsUnc31aEhz1hGyq_e-Qp7Ks-x-arT5Go21MtLrVFaPjTgJUm8yPVUXvLYkXLR3u-qPfZixLlqz5S802TkzzSnA3g-2jFjIMDwyE4Vx1epdQhg_eK3_CGXV8UCgWdUOb6qr-NHdDPXQ85dkdt9ccVusKQS86fVVZc539iWznYfL_b1YIMwSL9VbHXgDWSwk2pPkNHjmhLmZGwy8lvmHZT8fIKgkonRDFOCzyd0CHaahFitlZGVtlZ5Ubwz03wBjdEJg5-4v=w1452-h1089-no

• Like 1
disaster999

On 6/28/2019 at 1:31 AM, Arkayology said:

How are the corals responding to the new lights? You tank looks great.

Theres more pop with the corals, esp the acros on the top left and the stylophora top center. My stupid phone cant capture the colors (buying some coral lens so hopefully that fixes it). I had a green millie which turned brown under my old lights which seems to be bouncing back. I have a red planet which seemed to be doing ok before, but starting to bleach under these lights. other corals seem to appear lighter in color which shows signs of bleaching so ill be dialing back the intensity a bit

Its still kind of early to tell if theres positive improvements...will update you guys in a few weeks

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Quick growth pics, not the best picture, but hopefully this shows the difference. Still trying to find the right settings for these coral lens filter I got

FTS 7th Aug 2019

pGsb11rTvZ4Mnh05kek5lReKYoi07KSMGQhjR-a1

FTS 25th Aug 2019

9irDEz4aB5y0ryTPBqogQKfk6Qv3YYp2NcRLN-80

7th Aug 2019

vmbtu9TGkkMK8JppW6IDy0kviufHr7MT2VZ2JQHs

25th Aug 2019

ecnXkwaqEm__xtFdRnnFKf-h8XAcIJhQs6XuN6en

7th Aug 2019

9WwbB6zlUOk0_BJ94BGYHcPH273n7boko3VuFV6T

25th Aug 2019

fKPhS7bCBRDfkJztLUEcq3MXIB13rUTOBenkVXom