Top Shelf Aquatics

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist
Oooh, I can't wait to see! :D

I have two new things, and a new Ca Salifert kit. One of the new things is already in, and the other is still dripping.

By the way, in case you were wondering, Butterfingers and Pad Thai noodles are not a good combination. :blink:

:eek:

I'm guessing it didn't go down well and now isn't sitting well?

Oh, and look at that.... this thread has over 500 replies! B)

Militant Jurist

Well, the new coral is an acan! It's not an A. Lord., but it's still an acan. ;)

100_0941.jpg

Then, there's the new fish!

100_0943.jpg

Here fishy fishy....

Very cool on both purchases! Congrats to you, sir. :D

As for my so-called dinner, the going down part was fine, it's the internal roller coaster happening now that has me saying uh-oh. :huh:

Militant Jurist
Very cool on both purchases! Congrats to you, sir. :D

Thanks! They were nice picks up in terms of price too.... $9 on the chromis and $15 on the acans!

As for my so-called dinner, the going down part was fine, it's the internal roller coaster happening now that has me saying uh-oh. :huh:

Oh boy..... I know all about internal roller coasters...

Haha.... I'm watching House right now, and on a related note, the following dialog just occurred:

(asking why House is actually being nice)

Wilson: Maybe he had a great cup of coffee, or a tremendous bowel movement.

:lol:

Militant Jurist
:o Ewwwwwwwwwww.

I love House. :P

It's a fantastic show! :D

One of my friends is in med school, and she has called me the Dr. House of the law. :P

It's a fantastic show! :D

One of my friends is in med school, and she has called me the Dr. House of the law. :P

ps: my son is now explaining to me how/why time doesn't exist. :wacko:

Militant Jurist

ps: my son is now explaining to me how/why time doesn't exist. :wacko:

Yup, time is relative. It's also a constant. The trouble is the warping of space-time.

In addition to law and reefing, I enjoy the study of astrophysics and quantum mechanics. ;)

Militant Jurist
OMG! you sound like my son. Does this mean he's going to grow up to be a lawyer? :huh:

:P

Well, that depends. Does he argue with you a lot? Does he win?

:P

Actually, he's very intrigued by law.

No, we don't argue a lot. But we sure do laugh a lot. :D He's funny, and clever...and quite possibly the only 11yo around who knows what a tribble is. :mellow:

Militant Jurist
Actually, he's very intrigued by law.

No, we don't argue a lot. But we sure do laugh a lot. :D He's funny, and clever...and quite possibly the only 11yo around who knows what a tribble is. :mellow:

Well, there's certainly a good chance!

Haha.... tribbles.... :lol:

Hey MJ your talking my stuff now. Can we PLEASE toss in the hard sciences into the mix? Huh,, Huh,... Can we,...Can we PLEASE.....??? I mean do you wana start with the tree falling in an unmanned forest, the butterflys wings flapping,... or ants marching in step....

Or

Is time really relative,.. Or is it that only the space around objects suspended in time can be altered. Kinda like asking are we in a vacume or pressurized system.

GOT AN ANSWER YET CADET?

BOTH. But whats first?

Well, the new coral is an acan! It's not an A. Lord., but it's still an acan. ;)

100_0941.jpg

Then, there's the new fish!

100_0943.jpg

Here fishy fishy....

That chromis looks kinda outta it...or is it just me...:huh:

Militant Jurist
Hey MJ your talking my stuff now. Can we PLEASE toss in the hard sciences into the mix? Huh,, Huh,... Can we,...Can we PLEASE.....??? I mean do you wana start with the tree falling in an unmanned forest, the butterflys wings flapping,... or ants marching in step....

Or

Is time really relative,.. Or is it that only the space around objects suspended in time can be altered. Kinda like asking are we in a vacume or pressurized system.

GOT AN ANSWER YET CADET?

BOTH. But whats first?

Ok, let's take them in turn.

The answer to the trees question is yes. If sound is defined as an oscillating wave transmitted through a medium, then yes, there is a sound. Even if sound is defined as the above and an added requirement that the oscillating wave is within the range that can be heard, the fact that an observer is not present does not mean that the sound could not be heard. I love it when legalism meets science. ;)

The butterfly wings question... well, I think that it's sheer coincidence, unless you are referring to something other than what I'm thinking.

Ants marching in step is simply a learned behavior, must like a soldier marching in step.

Time: Time is a constant, but it is related to a unit of space. Therefore, they are one and the same. So, when you warp space by the presence of a heavy mass, time continues to follow along the same lines of space that it had, but now it takes longer to get from point A to point B along a single plane.

Let's see if I can work up an example. There is a distance of 5 unitsd between point A and point B with no large mass placed in between. Time progresses at a rate of 1 unitt per unit distance. Now, insert a large mass between points A and B. Because of the warping of space, the distance between A and B is still 5 units, but to an observe above the plane, it appears that A to B is only 2 unitsd (assuming the mass is large enough to warp 3 units). However, an object traveling from A to B will still travel the 5 unitsdand do so in a total time of 5 unitst. Time will pass normally for the traveler, but to the outside observer, only 2 unitst will have gone by.

This phenomena has been observed in sensitive satellites in earth orbit.

Oh how I enjoy the sciences!

:angry:

It's bedtime, yanno.

As you wish! I think that's enough hard thinking for one day anyways.

It's now Sammy time! :happy:

Ha ha. We go from Mac.. To the hard stuff.

Tree= Your are correct.

Butterfly. Coinquidink. Literaly yep, but the hard core science gurus say no. The flappin of the wings could cause an amplitude change in the universe to trigger any of the occuring natural disasters.

I see you have not heard of the ants. Just like soldiers marching across a brige in unison will cause the bridges joints to fail. So if an army of ants all marching in step could this do just as a inocent butterfly or cough. Could the natural progression of mass under their feet getting minature stomps on it..Just could that amp up enought to move the tectonic plates?

Dude I so had to give a presentation at Purdue about the very same script you played out. Only that was infront of a group of 500 Edward Deming advocates. Talk about a little bit of stress.

Militant Jurist

In other news, I had a Cranberry Lambic tonight. I'm not a fan of cranberry, and I'm not a fan of this beer. It really has a strong cranberry taste too it. -_-

Maybe you'll have a different review of this beer, NRF.

Militant Jurist
Hey mail me one and I'll review it 4ya. :P

I think that it would be even worse after USPS shipping. It would be shaken, not stirred!

Militant Jurist
That chromis looks kinda outta it...or is it just me...:huh:

I think he's just scurrred. He was hiding in various places since he's been here. He had several friends in his old tank, so I think he's thinking "I've been abducted!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Ha ha. We go from Mac.. To the hard stuff.

Tree= Your are correct.

Butterfly. Coinquidink. Literaly yep, but the hard core science gurus say no. The flappin of the wings could cause an amplitude change in the universe to trigger any of the occuring natural disasters.

I see you have not heard of the ants. Just like soldiers marching across a brige in unison will cause the bridges joints to fail. So if an army of ants all marching in step could this do just as a inocent butterfly or cough. Could the natural progression of mass under their feet getting minature stomps on it..Just could that amp up enought to move the tectonic plates?

Dude I so had to give a presentation at Purdue about the very same script you played out. Only that was infront of a group of 500 Edward Deming advocates. Talk about a little bit of stress.

Ah, ok, I see what you mean with the ants. Nicola Tesla had a similar theory, with his earthquake machine. I think it's possible, but the Mythbusters disagree.

How did you end up giving that presentation at Purdue? Oh, and great minds, as they say. ;)

I think he's just scurrred. He was hiding in various places since he's been here. He had several friends in his old tank, so I think he's thinking "I've been abducted!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and im assuming they think massice Alienz did it too?

:haha:

Archived