Militant Jurist

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...
Militant Jurist

Oh my, how things have changed!

I am still around, and still reefing! However, so many things have been going on and keeping me busy... running my own practice, getting engaged (and soon to be married!), buying a new home, and many other things.

Current reef is still a 29g Barrel O' Monkeys. This time, the focus is on clowns, with an intent to breed them. We currently have a snowflake clownfish, and anticipate getting a B&W clownfish to create some black ice. :o

Since time is an issue, we are sticking to softies and LPS. There's also a large maxi-mini 'nem thrown in for good measure. Since this is no good without pics, I will work on getting some that I can upload.

That is all for now.

Update: Here's a pic:20140903_194037.jpg

Militant Jurist

This tank is using some old school tech that I wish I had tried earlier. An HOB runs simple stuff like carbon and purigen. The sump has some rubble, soon to be converted into "pod condos," and a DSB in a salt bucket. The tank has had some big water changes, but before putting the RDSB online, I still had high nitrates. Using the same test kit, the nitrates plummeted in about a week. With the light bioload, I suspect that undetectable nitrates can be accomplished in the near future, a result that I've never seen with my own eyes. The phosphates I've always battled were quickly beaten back after a gatorade bottle of GFO was hooked up.

Archived