Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was playing with the macro settings on my camera (a Kodak C533), and I decided to take a couple of shots. Let me know what ya'll think!

100_0927.jpg

Teh Gooberz are looking HOTTT.

:D

Hey Richie! No advice on where to start? Or will I be the guinea pig?

Hey buddy, it's Sammy. As long as it doesn't say Double IPA on the side it's good. ;)

:lol:

Other than Winter Lager, yur da piggy. :P

I've always been a fan of the Old Fezziewig... -_-

Yeah, but you like Double IPA too. :slap:

Militant Jurist
I've always been a fan of the Old Fezziewig... -_-

Sounds like I know what I'm having next!

Teh Gooberz are looking HOTTT.

:D

Inorite? I think there are a few new polyps forming already! The Guardian has moved away for now, but I think he'll come back soon. I can't wait until it's big enough for fragging! It will be all grown up then. :P

Hey buddy, it's Sammy. As long as it doesn't say Double IPA on the side it's good. ;)

Other than Winter Lager, yur da piggy. :P

Good point. I can't say that I've had Double IPA, but I've heard stories. I've actually had the Winter Lager before, I think. If I'm thinking of the right thing, it had a lot of spice and I enjoyed it!

Yeah, but you like Double IPA too. :slap:

Hm..... maybe I should reconsider the Old Fezziewig then....

Ok, here's the tally thus far. The Holiday Porter is a dark (black) beer, which I normally don't like. However, it was actually pretty good! I think it's more of a dinner beer, however, rather than a drinking beer.

On to the next one!

hmmm... maybe I should reconsider the Old Fezziewig then....

Ok, here's the tally thus far. The Holiday Porter is a dark (black) beer, which I normally don't like. However, it was actually pretty good! I think it's more of a dinner beer, however, rather than a drinking beer.

On to the next one!

Nah, I just like to tease david about that IPA. Nasty, wicked brew. Like drinking your flowerbed.

That was the ONLY bottle of SA that, try as I may I did not see the bottom of. Well actually I did.

Poured it down the drain. Didn't want to risk burning a hole in my lawn. Sink drain seemed faster afterward though. :happy:

Militant Jurist
Nah, I just like to tease david about that IPA. Nasty, wicked brew. Like drinking your flowerbed.

:lol: That's gotta be awful. I'm not a fan of flowers anyways, so it's even worse. I'm a fan of functional plants, like grapes. I'm thinking about acquiring the materials necessary to make my own wine. Now that would be fun!

That was the ONLY bottle of SA that, try as I may I did not see the bottom of. Well actually I did.

Poured it down the drain. Didn't want to risk burning a hole in my lawn. Sink drain seemed faster afterward though. :happy:

The Winter Lager? It's one of the first Sammies I had! This one isn't as good as I remembered though, but perhaps that is because I've now had several before it! The Fezziwig was pretty good, although the best way of describing the flavor would be to compare it to that taste you get after biting your lip and drawing blood. I happen to like that flavor though, so it was a good beer! :P

Soooooooo.....

In reef related news, I've got a tiny bit of algae showing up, so it's a good thing that I ordered a CUC through John! It should be here either Wednesday or Thursday, and I'm looking forward to it! I'm really curious to find out what the 1 penny macro will be! :happy:

Militant Jurist

I've discovered that I'm not a big fan of Sammy Coastal Wheat. It's got waaaay too much lemon for my tank. Then again, what I ate with it probably didn't help.

My DT is finally micro-bubble free!

So do ya'll think that I should go with a dawn-dusk cycle, or should I still with an all or nothing approach to lighting?

I've discovered that I'm not a big fan of Sammy Coastal Wheat. It's got waaaay too much lemon for my tank. Then again, what I ate with it probably didn't help.

My DT is finally micro-bubble free!

So do ya'll think that I should go with a dawn-dusk cycle, or should I still with an all or nothing approach to lighting?

YAY for no more micros! :D

secondly... WTH are you talkin about?!?!? :huh:

Militant Jurist
secondly... WTH are you talkin about?!?!? :huh:

I've got a TEK fixture, so I have two power switches and two power cords going into my T5HO fixture. I can set it up so that a timer activates the actinic bulbs first on one switch, and then the whites, and when it's time to power down, it would turn off the whites first, leaving the actinic for last. It has a similar effect to the lower light environment at dawn and dusk by having only actinics.

Or, I could just have all 4 bulbs turn on and off at the same times.

I've got a TEK fixture, so I have two power switches and two power cords going into my T5HO fixture. I can set it up so that a timer activates the actinic bulbs first on one switch, and then the whites, and when it's time to power down, it would turn off the whites first, leaving the actinic for last. It has a similar effect to the lower light environment at dawn and dusk by having only actinics.

Or, I could just have all 4 bulbs turn on and off at the same times.

OHHHH. go with the dawn dusk effect one. thats what i do with my tank. its awesome. i think its better for the livestock too. ;)

oh yeah and...

HI TYLER! :D

BTW thats a totally awesome name. ;)

Militant Jurist
HI TYLER! :D

BTW thats a totally awesome name. ;)

I know of at least one judge who disagrees. I was in his court one day, and he asked my name. He then suggested I use my middle name instead.

I could only respond "I'll give that some thought." :huh:

I know of at least one judge who disagrees. I was in his court one day, and he asked my name. He then suggested I use my middle name instead.

wtf. i bet that judges name was bob. :haha:

anyways. i forgot your a lawyer!!! have i told you i wanna be one too?

(well either that or a marine biologist)

so how hard was it to become one? :mellow:

Militant Jurist
wtf. i bet that judges name was bob. :haha:

anyways. i forgot your a lawyer!!! have i told you i wanna be one too?

(well either that or a marine biologist)

so how hard was it to become one? :mellow:

Well, I'm not quite a lawyer yet. I should have my degree in January, but I won't have a license to practice law until at least May. Right now, I just have a limited license, where I can practice under the supervisor of certain attorneys. It's a good field to go into though! I was actually debating between law, economics, or astrophysics before I came to law school. Talk about a wide field of options!

If you've got a good undergrad GPA, it's not too bad. I had a 3.9, and I had an offer from one school for a full-ride to law school and another offered me a half-ride scholarship. The real trick, after getting in, is just getting used to the kind of work. A lot of people drop out after the first semester or the first year. After all of that, there is a bar exam, which in Ohio is essentially a three day long exam. :wacko:

Militant Jurist
or is it? :wizard::ninja:

LULZ.

See what I mean? It's all about the definition of is. ;)

In other news.....

My ReefCleaners package arrived today! They have 5 more minutes of temperature acclimation and then in they go! You'll have to help me ID the 1 penny macro that came along with it! :D

Militant Jurist
Reefcleaners is teh bestest. John could probably id that for ya later tonite. ;)

Pix of the new defenderz pleash. :D

Pics are coming! I didn't get defenderz.

I got a whole army of defenderz!

rambo-rambo-john-gun-smiley-emoticon-000137-large.gif

PITCHERS!!!

Snail Defenderz Army:

100_0932.jpg

Mystery Macro:

100_0935.jpg

FTS:

100_0937.jpg

Pics are coming! I didn't get defenderz.

I got a whole army of defenderz!

rambo-rambo-john-gun-smiley-emoticon-000137-large.gif

PITCHERS!!!

Snail Defenderz Army:

100_0932.jpg

Mystery Macro:

100_0935.jpg

FTS:

100_0937.jpg

:haha: nice smiley.

DAYUM THATHS A BUNCHA DEFENDERZ! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

i betcha they could fight off a :wizard::haha:

as for the macro, it might be a flame macro?

and lastly.

YOUR TANK IS LOOKING FCUKIN AWESOME. :D

ps; if your wondering why im on at 11:06 PST im sick. i got meds yesterday. -_-

Militant Jurist
:haha: nice smiley.

DAYUM THATHS A BUNCHA DEFENDERZ! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

i betcha they could fight off a :wizard::haha:

as for the macro, it might be a flame macro?

and lastly.

YOUR TANK IS LOOKING FCUKIN AWESOME. :D

ps; if your wondering why im on at 11:06 PST im sick. i got meds yesterday. -_-

I love pulling out my fun smileys! biggrin.gif

John certainly sent me an entire army! I ordered a division, but John sent the reinforcements as well. ;) I don't think anything can beat these super soldiers!

I took a look on John's site, and I think you're right about the flame algae. It's awesome!!!

And lastly, thanks! B)

PS: I was starting to wonder! At least you've got drugs. jugglenana.gif

that's just plain disrespectful. totally inappropriate for a judge to make that kind of remark. that's worth reporting to the Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission (or whatever your state's equivalent is). On the other hand, I guess the feasibility of reporting directly depends on how often you'll be in front of that particular judge.

Militant Jurist
that's just plain disrespectful. totally inappropriate for a judge to make that kind of remark. that's worth reporting to the Judicial Inquiry and Review Commission (or whatever your state's equivalent is). On the other hand, I guess the feasibility of reporting directly depends on how often you'll be in front of that particular judge.

I think it's just that judge's way of joking around. It was said off the record and while at sidebar. One thing I've learned is that Muni Court judges have an interesting sense of humor, and they don't realize that it doesn't always come across. I think he was attempting a joke at the fact that my first and last names have a bit of a rhyme if said too quickly or only caught off-hand.

I think it's just that judge's way of joking around. It was said off the record and while at sidebar. One thing I've learned is that Muni Court judges have an interesting sense of humor, and they don't realize that it doesn't always come across. I think he was attempting a joke at the fact that my first and last names have a bit of a rhyme if said too quickly or only caught off-hand.

oh. well, that's much better than saying it down his nose to you while he's sitting on the bench while court is in session, which is the way I was picturing it.

I love pulling out my fun smileys! biggrin.gif

John certainly sent me an entire army! I ordered a division, but John sent the reinforcements as well. ;) I don't think anything can beat these super soldiers!

I took a look on John's site, and I think you're right about the flame algae. It's awesome!!!

And lastly, thanks! B)

PS: I was starting to wonder! At least you've got drugs. jugglenana.gif

SMILEYS ARE AWESOME.

i think that john needs to send you some close air support. :ninja::wizard:

YAY FOR FLAME ALGAE!

you welcome. :D

YEH I GOT DRUGS...BUT IT DONT EVEN GOT CODEINE IN IT!!! :tears:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Archived