Top Shelf Aquatics

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist
I start school tomorrow :rant:

:P

Have fun with that! :P School starting makes me feel old now... unless I go for a post-doc degree, I'm done with school for good... and even a post-doc would not involve going to class. It feels kind of weird to have "retirement" as my next big goal.

I like the DIY fuge idea :happy:

That's what I'm leaning toward... maybe with some kind of ATO added in. I could use a rubbermaid for the fuge, divert one of the DT drains to the fuge, and then use a bulkhead to overflow drain into the sump. Then, I could build the stand skin around the fuge, so that I could put a light fixture over the tank, rather then just use a desk lamp. :P

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what should my fall/winter project for the tank be? Some kind of DIY addition? Add an 18g macro fuge? Finally build the skin for the stand? :P

yes

:lol:

Militant Jurist

For all of the MSM's claims about Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh et al. as a source of encouraging domestic terrorism ("Rush Limbaugh is more responsible for the bombing by Timothy McVeigh..than anything Clinton or his disciples did." Olbermann: Limbaugh's Hate Radio Is More Responsible For Timothy McVeigh Than Clinton. He's Doing The Same Thing Now. He Has Blood On His Hands.), let's see if Al Gore is similarly blamed today: Man holds hostages at Discovery TV building "Lee [the gunman/bomb-wearer] said he experienced an ‘‘awakening” when he watched former Vice President Al Gore’s environmental documentary ‘‘An Inconvenient Truth.”"

Militant Jurist
Woo hoo!! lookin' good MJ :P

Nice flame algae B)

Thanks!

The flame algae decided to split apart, and the largest section floated free until it found a new spot. I found this when I came home, so I put it in its new home, in the back left. I think it looks nice there, a good contrast to the bright green frogspawn. :happy:

What is the yellow branching coral left of center towards the bottom. Still like the chalk bass? I love mine. He has taken up residence on a shelf of rock and peers out from there. Seems to be more active when daylights go out and just actinics on.

Militant Jurist
Wow, really looks nice!
Looks really nice. :0)
Looking good Tyler! B)

Thanks! :happy:

one step between now & retirement you seem to have overlooked.

judge mj

come on its got a good ring to it.

:lol:

I've had a few people suggest that before. It's kind of a scary thought.... for the people coming before the court! Who knows... maybe I will some day. Sadly, running in this county is very expensive... although the office landlord is a conservative political PR guy, so maybe I could recruit him. B)

Thats a small frogspawn :P

It often feels inadequate. :P

What is the yellow branching coral left of center towards the bottom. Still like the chalk bass? I love mine. He has taken up residence on a shelf of rock and peers out from there. Seems to be more active when daylights go out and just actinics on.

Right in front of the trumpets? Haha that's a green digi. For some reason, it takes a yellow tint with my camera. The chalk bass is awesome. He cruises the tank all the time, and kind of looks like a prowling shark.

Militant Jurist
Good call Opy.

MJ still thinking of getting the bass a friend?

I had been, but after reading about their aggression issues in tanks smaller than 55 gallons, I'd decided against getting him a friend. He'll just have to be friends with the sixline, clown pair, and starry blenny. He actually does get along pretty well with the sixline. The two of them do a lot of exploring amongst the corals and rocks together.

Yeah mine is a loner. The African Flameback angel tests him once in a while but he either scoots away or returns the aggression. He is completely mild mannered with the rest of the inhabitants though.

Militant Jurist
Yeah mine is a loner. The African Flameback angel tests him once in a while but he either scoots away or returns the aggression. He is completely mild mannered with the rest of the inhabitants though.

:lol: It's kinda funny to imagine a chalk bass on the receiving end of aggression. Some day when I again attempt something larger than a 75g, I may go for a pair or trio.

Speaking of that... since I've had zero interest in my 75g from anyone wanting it for reptiles or to rebuild, I'm thinking of doing it myself this winter. I'll take the glass apart and put in new silicon. I'm guessing that's better than just attempting to put in a new seam on the inside joints? The plan would be to take care of the seal issue, and then set the tank up in the basement. I still have all the rock, the light, and the sump with return pump. The only thing I don't have is the vortech. However, I'm thinking of doing the tank as a FOWLR, and maybe some macro. I'd keep this in the basement, so that if there's another water leak, it would leak right into the floor drain.

Archived