Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6
I think you may have missed the intent of DH (which, trust me, is easy to do).

what is this supposed to mean, lol. i'm crystal clear. it's not my fault i'm too smart for everyone.

Militant Jurist
what is this supposed to mean, lol. i'm crystal clear. it's not my fault i'm too smart for everyone.

Yup... crystal clear. If this is the crystal you're talking about:

2848995763_b61046dd62.jpg

:lol:

So, here's a tank update... I'm hoping to snap and upload pictures tonight.

The corals all seem to be doing well. I need to clean out the frag rack though, since some of the zoas look like they are ready for higher lighting. The only thing that's not growing is the GSP... I don't know why, but I've never had luck with GSP. Right now, the GSP is just kind of ... there... and not much else.

The tank's been doing a lot of "naturalization" lately. I thought I'd lost the one funky macro, since some junk algae had covered it. Turns out, that funky macro is now popping up ALL OVER the tank. Bits of it are growing on the back wall, and there are a lot of little shoots growing on the rocks. I rather like it. :happy:

I'm also hoping to move a few more corals from the 20L to the 29. Among the ones moving hopefully tonight will the the duncan and possibly a blasto. If I can safely separate the encrusting gorg from the bottom of the 20L, I might move it too.

I need to find a new home for a large monti cap, but it needs some TLC. I also need to find a new home for the engineer goby. I really like him, but he can't stay for long in a 20L and he surely wouldn't work in the 29. :(

Militant Jurist
Huh, looks like DH has purdy rocks to go with his nice wrasse! :P

Looks like someone has been checking out DH's wrasse. :P

Hai...lol I just looked at your sig :P I picked up a T-shirt that says I <3 Scoundrels with a pic of Han Solo in the heart hahaha...classic.

do engineer gobies get that big? :unsure:

Militant Jurist
Hai...lol I just looked at your sig :P I picked up a T-shirt that says I <3 Scoundrels with a pic of Han Solo in the heart hahaha...classic.

:lol: That's a great shirt! I should probably get something like that... as a warning to others. :P

do engineer gobies get that big? :unsure:

LiveAquaria: Engineer Goby Max. Size: 1'

He's about 2" now, but because of his "engineering" tendencies, and the fact that none of the rocks in the 29 are secured to anything, it would be a disaster in the 29.

Militant Jurist
They get even bigger~ I've seen 3 two foot ones at the New England Aquariums reef exhibit.

:o

I'm not sure how big mine will get. He's already started to change his stripes. He's gone from horizontal stripes to vertical bands.

animalmaster6

Yeah they were pretty shocking :o

If yours is 2 inches they grow very slow at times and very fast at times. I think you can keep him for a little longer :)

Militant Jurist
Yeah they were pretty shocking :o

If yours is 2 inches they grow very slow at times and very fast at times. I think you can keep him for a little longer :)

I had started to notice that about mine. He seems to have slowed down for now. The only problem is that the 20L is probably coming down soon, and I think he'd be a homewrecker in the 29. :(

Militant Jurist
My LFS has a diamond goby that is about 10", he's MASSIVE. I can't imagine an engineer goby at 2'!

inorite? It would almost be like an eel at that point. Even at two inches he looks like an eel, so it would probably be very freaky at 2'.

Militant Jurist
your tank is soooooo cool

Thanks! I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out at first, since it was a scape straight out of my head, but it's turned out well. Hopefully I can add pictures tonight to show just how far it's come!

Militant Jurist
post a picture dumbface

I already said I would!

The one I really want to show is the green tri-color. It's got 5 new nubs off of the base, and it's going to have a wicked growth pattern.

I'm also thinking of moving the flame algae to the left rear of the tank. It's been growing so fast that it's been hindering the growth of the zoas and acan lord because of all of the shading.

Needreefunds
My LFS has a diamond goby that is about 10", he's MASSIVE. I can't imagine an engineer goby at 2'!

Prolly wearing a hardhat too ! :lol:

Militant Jurist
you can always prune it.

Well yeah, but even that has been unsuccessful at turning the tide. It's literally growing like a weed! :lol: The left side of the tank is also a bit low and sparse, so moving the algae would help. Also, I could put the pavona frag in the algae's current place, on its own island like you suggested.

Oh, and DH, I thought this was a story about you, until I saw the AZ part: Fight to Keep Gadsen Flag Flying

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. And I don't have a homeowners association, but I'd fight them if I did.

Prolly wearing a hardhat too ! :lol:

Yeah, the gobies don't want OSHA all up in their biznaz.

Militant Jurist
:lol: that article is hilarious. i said something similar to that guy in another thread yesterday.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2984272

lol

:lol: Like I said, I at first thought that the article might be about you.

I think I'm going to hang this sign on the back door of my house:

1235381_t.jpg

I bet you guys didn't know that I'm a member of AARP, did you?

aarp.jpg

animalmaster6
inorite? It would almost be like an eel at that point. Even at two inches he looks like an eel, so it would probably be very freaky at 2'.

They looks so much like an eel.

Archived