Top Shelf Aquatics

MJ's 29g Barrel 'O Monkeys

Militant Jurist

Militant Jurist

Here are the pictures, as promised!

100_1516.jpg

Look at the growth of this tri-color! (Though it's a bit POed atm)

100_1517.jpg

100_1520.jpg

Izza on firah!

100_1523.jpg

100_1528.jpg

100_1530.jpg

Where's Waldo?

100_1519.jpg

100_1529.jpg

FTS:

100_1526.jpg

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Militant Jurist

Haha nice job Henry, way to put out the fire. I guess we were just fiddling around as everything burned. ;)

roman-soldier-anim-soldier-rome-ancient-smiley-emoticon-000577-medium.gif

Militant Jurist

:lol:

Wouldn't you know it? I post the pictures DH was demanding, and now he's no where to be found. What a guy.

:P

Militant Jurist
i'm here, lol. holy bubble algae batman!

Yeah, I know... but it's slowly getting better, and it's not really bothering anything. Also, it's contributing to the "Naturalization Initiative." The Initiative would have used more appealing substances, but since the porkulus bill didn't provide any funding to stimulate the Initiative, we had to make do. Maybe I need to get a lobbyist (I thought that's what Representatives were for, but boy was I wrong!)

I do have a bit of a plan to deal with it, since the higher bioload of the tank won't help matters. I think I have enough room next to the tank to put in a rubbermaid. I could divert one of the two drain lines to a rubbermaid, and then use a bulkhead to gravity drain the rubbermaid to the 10g sump. It would give me an extra 15 or so gallons of water, and I could use it as a fuge.

I just remembered that Halo Reach is coming out in a few weeks. Anyone going to be getting it?

D's preordered it. If I thought about it I would have bought it for his birthday.

Yeah, I know... but it's slowly getting better, and it's not really bothering anything. Also, it's contributing to the "Naturalization Initiative." The Initiative would have used more appealing substances, but since the porkulus bill didn't provide any funding to stimulate the Initiative, we had to make do. Maybe I need to get a lobbyist (I thought that's what Representatives were for, but boy was I wrong!)

I do have a bit of a plan to deal with it, since the higher bioload of the tank won't help matters. I think I have enough room next to the tank to put in a rubbermaid. I could divert one of the two drain lines to a rubbermaid, and then use a bulkhead to gravity drain the rubbermaid to the 10g sump. It would give me an extra 15 or so gallons of water, and I could use it as a fuge.

I have pretty red and orange bubble algea.

Not that you would want another animal but I had great luck with a emerald crab eating my green bubble algea.

Deleted User 6

my emerald disappeared. i have no clue why...he had lots to eat. i thought those things were like tanks - they'll survive anything.

Militant Jurist
D's preordered it. If I thought about it I would have bought it for his birthday.

I haven't pre-ordered it yet. I was just going to get it when it came out, but I saw yesterday that Amazon has a promo where if you preorder through them, they'll ship it for free, and they'll give a $20 discount on the next game. I think I might see if my brother is going to pre-order, and then I'll just go in with him to save us both $10.

I have pretty red and orange bubble algea.

Not that you would want another animal but I had great luck with a emerald crab eating my green bubble algea.

I wish I had interesting colors. Instead, I just have shades of green. I might have to break down and get an emerald to turn the tide of the Bubble Algae Conflict.

my emerald disappeared. i have no clue why...he had lots to eat. i thought those things were like tanks - they'll survive anything.

That's weird. I had thought the same thing. Someone once told me that one sex of emeralds did better with bubble algae than the other, but I can't seem to remember it right now. I do remember that sexing them had to do with the size and hairiness of the claws.

Militant Jurist
i did learn that two emeralds of the same sex is a bad idea - my bigger one killed my smaller one.

Good to know. I'll probably just stick with one.

"The best way to tell male from female is to flip the crab over and take a look at the underside. Males have a thin, pointed section in the center of their body (the point narrows towards the head), females have a much wider, more rounded area that looks like a 'sixpack'. "

http://www.lpsteamers.com/sex.html

Needreefunds
"The best way to tell male from female is to flip the crab over and take a look at the underside. Males have a thin, pointed section in the center of their body (the point narrows towards the head), females have a much wider, more rounded area that looks like a 'sixpack'. "

Fess up Henry.... did you post that with a straight face?

I think not. :happy:

Sorry Tyler, carry on. ;)

Archived