ReefCleaners.org

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a really nice Anthias. I love the colors.

Thanks alot.They colors really pop when the leds are around 10k

That has to be one of the best pictures I have seen! Wow...

:blush: why thank you. I dont think its that great but i certainly appreciate the feedback

Picked up another bluespot jawfish. Im calling him BJ the 2nd. Hes a beautiful specimen. He still acclimating but the good thing is started burrowing so thats a good sign. Ill see if i can get some pics within the next few days.

Picked up another bluespot jawfish. Im calling him BJ the 2nd. Hes a beautiful specimen. He still acclimating but the good thing is started burrowing so thats a good sign. Ill see if i can get some pics within the next few days.

Very nice! How's the dwarf mooray doing?

Very nice! How's the dwarf mooray doing?

Thanks.Hes doing very well. I started hand feeding him a few days ago. I was a little wary at first but i figured what the heck..To sum it up..very very cool

sweet!

i assume that means you're not worried about pairing a jawfish with your midas blenny.

how deep is your sand bed? from the early thread pics, it looks like about 2-3" or so?

sweet!

i assume that means you're not worried about pairing a jawfish with your midas blenny.

how deep is your sand bed? from the early thread pics, it looks like about 2-3" or so?

the two are both peaceful so they shoulg get along fine. Although early indications seem that the two will totally ignore each other since they don't occupy the same area of the tank. The sandbed is 2 inches in some areas but mostly 1".

Awesome fish too! Don't those anthias get pretty big? Does the Midas come and hang out in the tank or hide most of the day?

How is that skimmer working out? PM me what you paid for it if you don't mind :P

Awesome video, I really want one of those jawfish now! What tool was that you were using to feed?

Thanks alot Josh. They are an awesome species. I was using a pair of feeding tongs. Ive been hand feeding the eel lately(very cool btw)

Awesome fish too! Don't those anthias get pretty big? Does the Midas come and hang out in the tank or hide most of the day?

How is that skimmer working out? PM me what you paid for it if you don't mind :P

thanks..sunburst are between 2-4 inches. They recommend one per every 25 gallons. The Midas is vey active which is why I bought him. They have alot of personality and enjoy swimming in the water column.

The skimmer works well but I'm working with Robert to tweak the performance since I'm the first one with it.I paid $200 for it.

So i finally got around to ordering the tanks to complete my dosing setup. The only thing left is for my Balling chemicals to come in. I got this idea from xenon(another member on the forum) Im glad i stuck with the signature setup since i was able to use the cabinet space for the additional tanks.

dosingsystem1.jpg

thanks..sunburst are between 2-4 inches. They recommend one per every 25 gallons. The Midas is vey active which is why I bought him. They have alot of personality and enjoy swimming in the water column.

The skimmer works well but I'm working with Robert to tweak the performance since I'm the first one with it.I paid $200 for it.

Where did you get the Sunburst? I think you might have convinced me to get 1 or 2! Beautiful:)

Let me know on that skimmer, I have the Tunze Nano Skimmer now but would love something a bit more heavy duty.

So i finally got around to ordering the tanks to complete my dosing setup. The only thing left is for my Balling chemicals to come in. I got this idea from xenon(another member on the forum) Im glad i stuck with the signature setup since i was able to use the cabinet space for the additional tanks.

dosingsystem1.jpg

Wow, nice setup man. I feel bad now, LOL. I'll get those salts out to you ASAP!

can you make me a smoothie with that thing?

:D

:P

Where did you get the Sunburst? I think you might have convinced me to get 1 or 2! Beautiful:)

Let me know on that skimmer, I have the Tunze Nano Skimmer now but would love something a bit more heavy duty.

Thanks.The sunburst i got from my LFS.

Im still testing the skimmer but ill give a thorough review in a few days.

Hype are you using Chaeto in your back fuge chamber? I have tried for 2 months with two different lights, just can't get any to grow. It doesn't die, just doesn't grow! :angry: With the overflow running down right on top of it though I get a ton of junk mixed in, wondering if that has anything to do with it.

I did try briefly but i took it out. It didnt grow too well in my experience either. I do have some mangroves growing back there but i plan to remove the macroalgae altogether since im going to run a Ultra low nutrient system and macroalgae wont survive too long in that setup.

Archived