Cultivated Reef

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

nice tank set up,rehype!i think this tank is my upgrade.

awesome fish,too!

Thanks alot mr.totm I appreciate it.

I love both of the videos! You've got some amazing fish. When are you going to add some equally amazing corals?

Thanks alot paleo i appeciate it. Im itching so bad to buy corals...But i i promised on this setup i would wait a month after i added fish before i began stocking corals.

wow man, i love it!!!.... i feel you on the shoulder bro, im getting surgery on it this october. And noooo the scoobie is gone :(. Did you get another one? I love my wrx.

Thanks alot erick. GL with the surgery im just doing physical therapy since the docs said surgery isnt the best way to go.About the scoobie I was going to but i decided not to(at least not right now). I was really bummed since the car was almost paid off :angry: i decided i dont want to have a car payment for a while.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paleoreef103
Thanks alot paleo i appeciate it. Im itching so bad to buy corals...But i i promised on this setup i would wait a month after i added fish before i began stocking corals.

Nice restraint! I approve. Not that you need my approval, but hey, can't hurt.

Nice restraint! I approve. Not that you need my approval, but hey, can't hurt.

Your right i may buy something in a week or two...

STi wagon FTW.... :ninja:

lol

:o

Video is great fun, but there is so much a still shot captures that a vid never will methinks.

That razor sharp detail of curve and color- well, not my shots.... but I think you know what I'm struggling to say.

:happy:

Awesome shots as always Eugene!

You seem to be having a blast with that new camera my friend ;)

So i picked up a midas blenny. I plan to take a few pics once his color changes back. I didnt know they turned so dark when stressed out . Once he gets acclimated and fed im sure his beautiful color will come back.

So i picked up a midas blenny. I plan to take a few pics once his color changes back. I didnt know they turned so dark when stressed out . Once he gets acclimated and fed im sure his beautiful color will come back.

Did I read the grapevine correctly?

BJ has passed on??

:(

Yep its all my fault(im such an idiot) I accidentally left the canopy about open by 1/2 inch and he jumped... :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: Ill probably get another but he was definitely one of a kind..

That sucks. :( I had a BSJF once and it died on me. Mine was due to stress though, I'm guessing the affects of how it was caught since I got it literally fresh from the trans-ship.

Yep its all my fault(im such an idiot) I accidentally left the canopy about open by 1/2 inch and he jumped... :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: Ill probably get another but he was definitely one of a kind..

* manhug *

Ohchit. :tears:

Sorry buddy. Yes he was.

Ugh, why is it they can always find a crack in the cover-lid-canopy??

Think I'm gonna log out. I am reading nothing but sad threads and I myself am losing one of my fav ORA frags to STN.

Hang in there E. ;)

:(

Awesome pics though.

Thanks lani

That sucks. :( I had a BSJF once and it died on me. Mine was due to stress though, I'm guessing the affects of how it was caught since I got it literally fresh from the trans-ship.

I think thats what bums me out the most. He was really healthy,ate like a pig and was not at all afraid of me. He was a perfect jawfish...well almost.. :tears:

* manhug *

Ohchit. :tears:

Sorry buddy. Yes he was.

Ugh, why is it they can always find a crack in the cover-lid-canopy??

Think I'm gonna log out. I am reading nothing but sad threads and I myself am losing one of my fav ORA frags to STN.

Hang in there E. ;)

Thanks alot Bud. Sorry to hear your losing one of your frags.

oh man, that is terrible news. i'm sorry to hear about the loss of your little buddy.

my wife doesn't know yet (she's gonna cry when i tell her), but you should know that we both are feeling for you. :( always tough to lose a good, high-personality fish like BJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i finally got my nanoskimmer from Euro-reef. This was the new two pump version for the cadlight 39 gallon Signature. I had to wait quite a while(over 2 months) for them to get the kinks worked out of this model. But im pretty excited because the new design is awesome. The pumps are placed differently than skimmer designed for the pro edition, the skimmer pump is larger and they have a new material for the mesh wheel. It produces a huge amount of really small bubbles so ill be sure to write up a review once its broken in.

euroreefskimmer0001.jpg

euroreefskimmer0002.jpg

Well i finally got my nanoskimmer from Euro-reef. This was the new two pump version for the cadlight 39 gallon Signature. I had to wait quite a while(over 2 months) for them to get the kinks worked out of this model. But im pretty excited because the new design is awesome. The pumps are placed differently than skimmer designed for the pro edition, the skimmer pump is larger and they have a new material for the mesh wheel. It produces a huge amount of really small bubbles so ill be sure to write up a review once its broken in.

Very interesting. Can't wait to see what it pulls out!

So i finally managed to get some pics of my midas blenny.He was really shy for a while but now hes totally ok with me taking pics.. so heres a few..let me know what you think

3943460664_ee484d043c.jpg

3943460586_fbab1d6189.jpg

3943460532_1a8dc2535f.jpg

3943460482_c557b0f9dc.jpg

So i finally managed to get some pics of my midas blenny.He was really shy for a while but now hes totally ok with me taking pics.. so heres a few..let me know what you think

3943460482_c557b0f9dc.jpg

Very pretty Bro.

Has always been a favorite of mine.

Yet to actually get one tho. :happy:

great pics of that midas!

what kind of camera/settings are you using to capture such clear shots of him? i'm using a nikon d40 with a tripod, and just using the "action shot" auto setting. my [only] lens is kind of a "utility" lens though - it's an 18-135mm. i was thinking my lens might be the issue and that i should shell out for a decent macro lens. what about you?

Thanks alot Tim.

I use a canon rebel T1i. If i remember correctly two of the shots were with the 100mm macro and two of the shots were with my kit lens(18-55) I shoot in manual 100% of the time and use spot metering. You should turn off your pumps turn on your main tank lights. Dont use a flash unless you have a proper method of diffusing it.And try to use the lowest iso you can get away with. A tripod or monopod can also help tremendously.

Archived