Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got some pics of Bj.let me know what you think

3968033162_be87e59247.jpg

3967256077_0e52125d49.jpg

hurray for BJ!

my wife and i were looking at one today - so hard to pay that much for a fish, but they are so funny. we may end up going with a pearly instead, but who knows.

you haven't added a top to your tank, have you? my LFS was pretty intent on telling us that it was an absolute necessity for the bluespots.

anyway, the pics look great! looking forward to some more videos!

hurray for BJ!

my wife and i were looking at one today - so hard to pay that much for a fish, but they are so funny. we may end up going with a pearly instead, but who knows.

you haven't added a top to your tank, have you? my LFS was pretty intent on telling us that it was an absolute necessity for the bluespots.

anyway, the pics look great! looking forward to some more videos!

Thanks alot Tim. I do have a canopy on the tank because i have too many potential jumpers. If you do plan on getting one you definitely will need a canopy. I found this jawfish is a bit different as he doesnt hang out in the water column as much.But he just finished building the coolest burrow. Ill be sure to post some vids.

That fish is gorgeous. I wish I had the money to buy a fish like that. BTW your setup is sweet!

Finally got some pics of Bj.let me know what you think

3968033162_be87e59247.jpg

3967256077_0e52125d49.jpg

Who needs corals when you have fish like those! Very nice set-up so far!

Thanks alot goby. Im a big fan of your setup as well.

That fish is gorgeous. I wish I had the money to buy a fish like that. BTW your setup is sweet!

Thanks alot panda they are very cool fish.

I got another shot of my dwarf golden moray. Whenever hes hungry hes swims all over the place looking for food. I decided to name him twitch because eels tend to head twitch whenever they smell food in the water.

3968033222_6f937f6c5a.jpg

That picture is so sweet. I'm glad you finally got some corals in there. What other corals are you going to get?

Thanks paleo. I only have like 2 or 3 frags in there. The plan is to have an sps dominant tank. Im still ironing out the details of running a zeovit system but it should have it started by midweek. It will probably be a few weeks before i will be ready to add any additional frags

...and again - great pics! BJ the II looks good! I hope he has as much personality as BJ.

Thanks alot. He has a good personality but behaves much more like a "normal" jawfish

That eel is amazing and worth every penny. Think one would get along with my pipefish? :D

They are very peaceful and would get along fine with a pipefish. I just wouldn't suggest keeping them with really small fish because they could possibly become a meal. Although I can't prove that conclusively. Twitch has one of the most peaceful dispositions I have ever seen in a fish. I guess it helps I keep him well fed.

Great tank man, I have mine being sent right now. Have so say, its gonna be modeled after yours. My question is, which vortech powerhead are you running and do you like its flow. I am guessing its a mp20?

Great tank man, I have mine being sent right now. Have so say, its gonna be modeled after yours. My question is, which vortech powerhead are you running and do you like its flow. I am guessing its a mp20?

Thanks alot. Im running an mp20 and i love the flow pattern it creates. I bought the mp20 over the mp10 just in case i want to upgrade to the mp40 at some point. But the mp20 creates more than enough flow(for now ;) )

Beautiful fish and beautiful pictures. This tank is going to be bomb once you start zeovit and throw some sps in there. Thanks for sharing!

Man your photos are just amazing! I love the eel!

thanks alot mirage.looking forward to seeing how that 40 gallon hex is going to turn out.

Beautiful fish and beautiful pictures. This tank is going to be bomb once you start zeovit and throw some sps in there. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks alot. I should be getting my zeovit stuff in later this week. Ill be sure to post details since zeovit is rarely done in our niche of this hobby.

Awesome BSJF and pics of it. I miss the one I had for the short time I had it. :tears:

Thanks alot phix. Thats all the more reason to pick up another :)

Thanks alot. I should be getting my zeovit stuff in later this week. Ill be sure to post details since zeovit is rarely done in our niche of this hobby.

I've seen a lot of people talking about converting to a "zeo"-system, but i've never seen people talking about the theory/justification behind it. i heard people talking about the switch over to a zeo system itself causing bleaching in SPS, but i hadn't heard anything about people who start with the zeo system.

can you comment and/or point me to a resource (note: my goal is, down the road, a primarily-SPS tank)? TIA.

I've seen a lot of people talking about converting to a "zeo"-system, but i've never seen people talking about the theory/justification behind it. i heard people talking about the switch over to a zeo system itself causing bleaching in SPS, but i hadn't heard anything about people who start with the zeo system.

can you comment and/or point me to a resource (note: my goal is, down the road, a primarily-SPS tank)? TIA.

Check out zeovit.com plenty of helpful reading as well as really nice reefers who answer any questions you have promptly.

Archived