Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a lid on yours? Are you using the lid that come from cadlight and what is that doing to your temp of the tank if you are?

Do you have a lid on yours? Are you using the lid that come from cadlight and what is that doing to your temp of the tank if you are?

Yep i have to because of the fish i currently have. I am using the canopy that came with the tank. However the tank does run a bit warmer than it would open topped. So i added a jbj mini artica chiller takes care of the higher temps.

You are giving me a ton of ideas for my 39g sig Rehype :). I am also planning on going Zeo, so maybe we can collaborate a bit. I may have to get an eel as well! I didn't know there were reef safe species that were suitable for a nano.

Also, where the heck did you find that ER skimmer? All I can find is the one for the pro...

Were you not happy with the stock skimmer?

You are giving me a ton of ideas for my 39g sig Rehype :). I am also planning on going Zeo, so maybe we can collaborate a bit. I may have to get an eel as well! I didn't know there were reef safe species that were suitable for a nano.

Your welcome :D You bet.. ill share all details of the setup in this thread.

Also, where the heck did you find that ER skimmer? All I can find is the one for the pro...

Were you not happy with the stock skimmer?

I got it from euro-reef. i wanted a two pump version so robert over at euroreef redesigned the one for the cadlight pro so it would fit in our signature tanks. I sent him the dimensions and he designed it to hang on the false wall in the fuge section. The stock skimmer performs very well but since i had a feeling i was going to run a zeovit system i wanted the best possible skimmer and the euro-reef is definitely the best nano skimmer IMO.

I will mention though the robert has decided going forward to only design them with one pump. Believe me one is more than enough i havent been able to run both of them as of yet.One does more than enough

I got it from euro-reef. i wanted a two pump version so robert over at euroreef redesigned the one for the cadlight pro so it would fit in our signature tanks. I sent him the dimensions and he designed it to hang on the false wall in the fuge section. The stock skimmer performs very well but since i had a feeling i was going to run a zeovit system i wanted the best possible skimmer and the euro-reef is definitely the best nano skimmer IMO.

I will mention though the robert has decided going forward to only design them with one pump. Believe me one is more than enough i havent been able to run both of them as of yet.One does more than enough

Hmmm. I think I will shoot them an e-mail. I am just wondering if I can justify a new skimmer when I already have a brand new one! Did you try to add mesh to the stock skimmer or anything like that?

Hmmm. I think I will shoot them an e-mail. I am just wondering if I can justify a new skimmer when I already have a brand new one! Did you try to add mesh to the stock skimmer or anything like that?

Well i sold my the cadlight skimmer and put it towards the euroreef :D No i prefer the design of the euro-reef because with the euroreef skimmer i have ZERO microbubbles.

Sorry tim but hey its never too late to invest in a euroreef skimmer :)

and a vortech

and a new return pump

and a heater

and an ATO

and a top

and a chiller

and a controller

this is before stocking any corals, mind you.

how do people afford this hobby??? i think i need to take a second mortgage on my house. maybe take a 2nd job... maybe convince my wife to take a 2nd job... (or, maybe we can quit our jobs and start selling fish equipment... hmmm....).

Your absolutely right tim it definitely can get expensive. I cringe when i think how much ive spent so far....But a guys gotta have his hobbys amirite?

That eel is so cool. I'm mucho jealz of your setup. It's so exciting seeing tanks this professional evolve

Thanks alot david hes definitely the "centerpiece" of the tank

wicked tank man.

that eel is so cool. im sure he will be less secretive once he's been in there for a while too.

and a small request,

can we get a recent FTS?

wicked tank man.

that eel is so cool. im sure he will be less secretive once he's been in there for a while too.

and a small request,

can we get a recent FTS?

Thanks hes pretty active when hes hungry. Thats when i can get him to swim about in the open. Sure ill do a fts this weekend .Although theres not much to see other than the fish

Picked up a picasso clown today. I loved his pattern so i snapped a couple of pics to show. His name is jigsaw. It should look really nice when the black starts to come in..

3991039105_f031fa3cfb.jpg

3991039203_1b76ac4481.jpg

3991796106_4018239405.jpg

Picked up a picasso clown today. I loved his pattern so i snapped a couple of pics to show. His name is jigsaw. It should look really nice when the black starts to come in..

outstanding pictures of a sweet fish! i love that bokeh. didn't you say that you're using a point-and-shoot? amazing that you're getting there! any idea on what your camera settings were on those pictures?

i have what i think is a very good utility lens in my 18-135mm lens on my nikon d40, which is great and flexible for a lot of applications, but the fastest my lens gets is f/3.5 at 18mm (and it only slows down as you zoom in, and i end up zooming in on a lot of pictures rather than picking up my tripod and moving to compose my shot). unfortunately, for something so specialized as these aquarium pictures, i think a faster lens (f/1.8) would be very much preferable. or, maybe i just need to get better at photography.

Envy...Party of 1. I was wondering if your profilux will induce waves simultaneously with the thunderstorm feature? any chance for more pics of equipment ;)

Envy...Party of 1. I was wondering if your profilux will induce waves simultaneously with the thunderstorm feature? any chance for more pics of equipment ;)

The profilux actually has the ability to do that but only with tunze pumps.. At least for right now. Ecotech is unwilling to provide a third party controller for the guys over a ghl to work with. But it certainly is possible

sure what would you like to see pics of?

outstanding pictures of a sweet fish! i love that bokeh. didn't you say that you're using a point-and-shoot? amazing that you're getting there! any idea on what your camera settings were on those pictures?

i have what i think is a very good utility lens in my 18-135mm lens on my nikon d40, which is great and flexible for a lot of applications, but the fastest my lens gets is f/3.5 at 18mm (and it only slows down as you zoom in, and i end up zooming in on a lot of pictures rather than picking up my tripod and moving to compose my shot). unfortunately, for something so specialized as these aquarium pictures, i think a faster lens (f/1.8) would be very much preferable. or, maybe i just need to get better at photography.

Thanks alot tim.Im actually using a canon slr(rebel T1I) i was using the kit lens in those shots (18-55IS). However you are correct in saying a faster lens is very much preferable in an aquarium setting. It was pretty difficult to photograph the picasso since he moves around so quickly. A faster lens allows you to use a faster shutter speed in order to freeze fast moving subjects(such as an active clownfish) and keep your ISO level low in order to keep noise levels down and preserve detail...But believe it or not those shots were taken with the aperature at 5.6 I was actually able to get those shots by turning the LEDS up to 100% to give me the light i needed and i then dialed the shutter to 1/250 in order to freeze the clowns motion and maintain good focus.. Pretty crazy since ive been able to capture droplets of water at 1/200 :wacko: Hes a fast moving critter..

Thanks alot tim.Im actually using a canon slr(rebel T1I) i was using the kit lens in those shots (18-55IS). However you are correct in saying a faster lens is very much preferable in an aquarium setting. It was pretty difficult to photograph the picasso since he moves around so quickly. A faster lens allows you to use a faster shutter speed in order to freeze fast moving subjects(such as an active clownfish) and keep your ISO level low in order to keep noise levels down and preserve detail...But believe it or not those shots were taken with the aperature at 5.6 I was actually able to get those shots by turning the LEDS up to 100% to give me the light i needed and i then dialed the shutter to 1/250 in order to freeze the clowns motion and maintain good focus.. Pretty crazy since ive been able to capture droplets of water at 1/200 :wacko: Hes a fast moving critter..

very interesting. why shoot at 5.6 instead of something faster (or, should i say "wider open"?)? maybe i need to consider looking at shutter speed instead of aperture (i am even more newb at photography than reefing).

Archived