SaltCritters.com

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that is seriously one of the coolest pictures ever. you need to submit it to something and win something. :)

+1.

that is the best/most interesting fish picture i've ever seen.

Buddy, I know they all said the same thing but- I just gotta say it ....

What an incredible shot! :o

Must be something to observe at home, but to capture it well, we all know how hard that can be.

Thanks for posting that for us all to enjoy Eugene!

Awesome!

Thanks alot buddy. I've only been able to catch them doing that a total of 2 times. I was lucky the second time they hung around like that for a few minutes. But that was just enough time to snap a couple of pics. Those two have a very interesting relationship.

Buddy, I know they all said the same thing but- I just gotta say it ....

What an incredible shot! :o

Must be something to observe at home, but to capture it well, we all know how hard that can be.

Thanks for posting that for us all to enjoy Eugene!

Awesome!

This.....and WOW!!!

Hype: how do you deal with the silencer on the skimmer? Since it is heavy, mine just kind of falls over. Did you remove yours? Thinking about doing that myself. On such a small pump it shouldn't make very much air noise.

Have you noticed any algal/bacterial blooms from the zeovit yet?

I just let it hang over the back of the tank. It does help because without the airline tubing makes a bit of a whistling noise. Since my tank is in my bedroom i couldnt afford to leave it off.

I have noticed an algae bloom but its confined to the fuge area.In the main tank my cuc hasnt allowed any traces of it ;)

Ive actually had him for a few weeks now.Hes only about 2" across.

4042122834_05280024ac_o.jpg

this is a neat little guy. My wife was actually petitioning for a blue linckia, but i've been concerned about their long-term viability in a smaller aquarium and what it will do to my pod population. you liking him so far, though?

Do stars eat pods? I will have a mandarin so can't have anything to compete with it.

linckia stars dont feed on pods at all. So your mandarin has nothing to worry about.

this is a neat little guy. My wife was actually petitioning for a blue linckia, but i've been concerned about their long-term viability in a smaller aquarium and what it will do to my pod population. you liking him so far, though?

Yea hes pretty cool. Ive had a blue linckia in the past i had one for about a year and a half before i sold him to another reefer when i was breaking down the tank. They dont prey on pods but i would recommend having alot of live rock as they seem to eat things off the live rock as well as leftovers. I can only speculate as to what they actually feed on but it had to be sustaining itself on something since i never fed him directly.

Well I decided to add a flasher wrasse to the mix as my last addition.However midas the blenny was becoming more and more belligerent toward this latest addition. So after one attack i decided to remove the wrasse and sell him to a fellow reefer. Oddly he was really easy to catch. A few days go by and the blenny goes postal and pretty much attacks everyone in the tank i wake up to find nearly all my fish have small nips in their fins. So at this point im pretty pissed and decide to remove the blenny...Long story short i pretty much had to break down my aquascape to catch this jerk. So goodbye to midas the blenny and goobye to the wrasse.

On the bright side i got a few shots of the wrasse before i took him out. Notice hes flashing only because the blenny is harassing him...Nevertheless such a beautiful fish.

4042076910_a8fec49aef.jpg

4041330939_cf9791a3f2.jpg

4042076878_d54ec66e65.jpg

Well I decided to add a flasher wrasse to the mix as my last addition.However midas the blenny was becoming more and more belligerent toward this latest addition. So after one attack i decided to remove the wrasse and sell him to a fellow reefer. Oddly he was really easy to catch. A few days go by and the blenny goes postal and pretty much attacks everyone in the tank i wake up to find nearly all my fish have small nips in their fins. So at this point im pretty pissed and decide to remove the blenny...Long story short i pretty much had to break down my aquascape to catch this jerk. So goodbye to midas the blenny and goobye to the wrasse.

On the bright side i got a few shots of the wrasse before i took him out. Notice hes flashing only because the blenny is harassing him...Nevertheless such a beautiful fish.

4042076910_a8fec49aef.jpg

4041330939_cf9791a3f2.jpg

4042076878_d54ec66e65.jpg

You have the best choice in fish. I am jealous of how you think. :P

Btw rehype your inbox is full so you might wanna sort through some of it. I've been trying to send you a message but your inbox is full. I love your tank. Where do you buy your fish??

I meant to add if your in the NJ area the name of the fish store is Aquatic Obsessions. Probably the best live stock selection in NJ. IMO

That wrasse was gorgeous! Much neater than the midas blenny (little jerk). What are your plans to replace them? A second picasso or an onyx?

Yea i was totally bummed out from the blenny going pycho but I actually picked up some replacements today. Ill be posting up some pics shortly.

Archived