Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep everythings good buddy im actually breaking down this tank. Im moving in at the end of march and i figured id break things down and just keep my coral & stuff in a 10 gallon. That way i wont have to worry about breaking down an entire system and moving it. Once i get settled then i plan on picking up the 50 gallon cad.

Yep everythings good buddy im actually breaking down this tank. Im moving in at the end of march and i figured id break things down and just keep my coral & stuff in a 10 gallon. That way i wont have to worry about breaking down an entire system and moving it. Once i get settled then i plan on picking up the 50 gallon cad.

wow, will all that stuff fit in a 10g tank? twitch, bj, everybody all crammed together?

First I was like :)

then :o:tears:

but then kinda <_<

and finally :naughtydance:

:P

Best of luck with everything my friend. I hope it all goes smoothly and we certainly look forward to watching you put together yet another awesome system.

Wow, sorry to hear you are breaking down!

word, bummed.

saw you were trying to sell the profilux on RC, too? what components are you planning to get with the 50g artisan?

• 2 weeks later...

Taking down this tank??? Bummer, good luck though, I am sure the next one will be even better ;)

Do you still have that blue gorg?

Very cool very cool. And that would be sweet I bet it it packed lol.

How have you been feeding the gorg? As in what have you been feeding it and how often?

Well i sold a bunch of frags but i think it may end up looking cool. I feed the gorg plankton,rotifers,brine shrimp eggs,baby brine shrimp and cyclopleeze.

Bummer, oh well get some pics up!

And wow thats a lotta food, well worth it though. Hopefully that won't pollute the tank too much.

I alternate each food throughout the week. well the good thing is all of the other coral began feeding as well so its usually cleaned up pretty quickly.

Tank is looking good!

too bad you're breaking it down

Aren't you supposed to shake the zeo rocks daily? I see you have the carbon running in the same reactor and its all very tight. Maybe you're not getting the max out of your zeo system because the bacteria can't be liberated from the reactor because of the carbon and foams in it. I don't own a zeolite reactor or so but know some people running them. Just my though.

Thanks.Well i was running the zeo with a different reactor for a few months and pumping daily with the same results. My observations were if you use zeovit mid stream your results wont be as good as if you use it from the very beginning. I decided to try the zeo in that reactor as an experiment. There was air being injected as well so i figured the air bubbles traveling through the rocks could provide the mum export that typically requires daily shaking of the rocks. It seemed to work though but i cant say for sure if nutrient export was equal to manual pumping...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived