Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL!!

Thanks for posting the vid

Quite the comical fellow :happy:

Not that I am one to complain, but the topic description is somewhat misleading.

I leave slightly disappointed and unsatisfied. ;)

:P

I heard that the glass cover is a PITA but I still wanna get one because I wanna get a purple firefish. It's good that it only covers the front and not the chambers leaving room to stick a skimmer in

I've heard a lot about their great customer service from reading forums. Eddie is very quick in answering my email questions too.

I was wondering if you knew how often you'd have to change the T5 lights

Thanks alot im doing alot better now. I bought the leds from another reefer but you can buy them directly from reefgeek. Theres 24 leds in each fixture so total of 48. I totally recommend cad tanks. Theyre great and customer service is top notch.

The evaporation isnt that bad at all and i have the canopy on(prevent jawfish surfing) and the canopy doesnt cover the back chambers

If you get the ghl profilux light its only $300. The package i got not including the doser brand new would cost $552.

I wouldnt say its nescessary if you keep up with water changes but it definitely helps. But ive run a few tanks skimmerless for a while with no negative effects. Some corals actually prefer the water a bit "dirty"

Thanks lani :happy:

Thanks alot

I was wondering if you knew how often you'd have to change the T5 lights

Between 12-18 months is recommended but from what ive read recently it may actually be even longer.

So i picked up some new additions this weekend. A helfrich firefish and an allens damsel. The allens damsel has to be the prettiest damsel ive ever seen and is the most peaceful of the damsels. He gets along great with the helfrich although my jawfish was pretty pissed about his arrival. They seem to be getting along better now

Well here a quick vid i took of them yesterday

The Saltwater Bunch

OMG that is awesome! how did you get the sound effects to match the light? does the light make lightning sounds too?

the sound effects i edited in. It would be really cool if it did it on its own although it would get annoying since the thunderstorms are totally random(imagine a thunderstorm at 3 in the morning)

Needreefunds
the sound effects i edited in. It would be really cool if it did it on its own although it would get annoying since the thunderstorms are totally random(imagine a thunderstorm at 3 in the morning)

....and the tanks in your bedroom! :P

Cool vids

Really something, what that controller and led paired together can do.

....and the tanks in your bedroom! :P

Cool vids

Really something, what that controller and led paired together can do.

You nailed it buddy lol the tank is right next to my bed...

Yea when i first saw it i was really impressed and since its totally random its kind of cool to catch it in action.

So quick update i had to reaquascape the tank because of the allens damsel. Last weekend he decided to go psychotic and kill my helfrich firefish. So i decided to take him out of the tank. Now anyone whos dealt with a problem damsel knows they are pretty smart and very difficult to catch. So i basically had to remove all of the rock to catch him which forced an impromptu aquascape. I plan to change it once more but ill leave it as is for a month or so. So lesson learned....never buy a damsel(regardless of the species) they turn into jerks eventually

Heres the new scape

rescape2.jpg

he killed the firefish!!!! glad he is out. Awesome vids, im diggin the scape too. hehe another bedroom reefer! i have my BC8 (now with a 70 watt viper) 2 feet from my head when i sleep

Glad you got him outta there, plus you will re'scape a million times.

Yea me too.. she was beautiful on the outside but rotten on the inside...reminds me of an ex girlfriend..heh

he killed the firefish!!!! glad he is out. Awesome vids, im diggin the scape too. hehe another bedroom reefer! i have my BC8 (now with a 70 watt viper) 2 feet from my head when i sleep

Thanks alot dank.Yea i was pretty pissed conisdering how much those guys cost i may buy another but i just bought a way cooler replacement(details later) I like having the tank in my bedroom but i may have to move it into the living room. The random thunderstorms (sometimes at 3am) can be a little annoying..lol

Needreefunds

Killed the HF?? :o:angry:

That really stinks..... bad enough you were looking to sell it off and save the damsel.

Sowwy buddy.

Ah well, we live, learn and move forward. ;)

Can't wait to see the new addition. :happy:

I couldnt save him in time.But i may get another helfricht.But at this point im totally fascinated by my newest addition(way cooler than any firefish) and theres no damsel to bother him :)

Needreefunds
I couldnt save him in time.But i may get another helfricht.But at this point im totally fascinated by my newest addition(way cooler than any firefish) and theres no damsel to bother him :)

* Moe voice - from Wall-E* Whoawhoawhoa.......

Ya caint juss drop a line like dat and leave us hangin' buddy- bad form bro, bad form!

Well, knowing your taste for super cool coral and critters, I am at a total loss here, couldn't even guess.

Really looking forward to seeing this one.

Specially with all the "Hype" :rolleyes:

:lol:

* Moe voice - from Wall-E* Whoawhoawhoa.......

Ya caint juss drop a line like dat and leave us hangin' buddy- bad form bro, bad form!

Well, knowing your taste for super cool coral and critters, I am at a total loss here, couldn't even guess.

Really looking forward to seeing this one.

Specially with all the "Hype" :rolleyes:

:lol:

LOL!!!!!thats y i love ya buddy :D Im telling you this one is totally the worth the wait..Im just waiting to videotape it to show you guys...i think you guys will really like it. Its really cool...

I'm kinda late in saying, but awesome tank and awesome vid! I absolutely love the cadlight tanks.

Thanks so much mirage i appreciate it.

Amazing tank and with the lights it makes it that much more awesome, will follow. B)

Thanks alot First much appreciated.

Archived