Cultivated Reef

Hypes 39 gallon LED Powered Cadlight

Rehype

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very nice tank indeed, and thanks for selling me the light! its awesome, still haven't set it up yet though.

...JEALOUS.

Can't wait to see this bad buy stocked. GET ON IT

Very nice tank indeed, and thanks for selling me the light! its awesome, still haven't set it up yet though.

Thanks and my pleasure.

...JEALOUS.

Can't wait to see this bad buy stocked. GET ON IT

Im working on it lol..cuc comes in tomorrow as well as some macroalgae.

So i picked up my Blue spotted jawfish this evening. I acclimated him with the lights out which i think really helps when introducing new fish. After about 10 minutes in the tank he started constructing his burrow. This fish is so funny to watch. He literally peeks out at you every few minutes to keep track of where you are then goes back to what he was doing.

I managed to grab the cam while he was working on his burrow. Quality is kind of crappy bc of compression and lighting but im glad i got something.

So enough jawing meet BJ

disaster999

oh sorry, i mis read, thought you got into an accident WHILE transporting the tank back. that would been pretty F'ed up

So i managed to grab a shot of bj. Its kind of cool how his blue spots appear to glow white under blue leds.

bj2.jpg

Paleoreef103

Awesome little Blue Jaw. I think Jawfish in general are the coolest fish there is. They're just so quirky.

Thanks i think so too. They have some of the best personalities as far as fish are concerned. I redid the vid since the first one was so crappy. Check it out if you have a chance

Paleoreef103

Looks like you got a healthy, active specimen! I love when they build their burrows, they're so paranoid!

Thanks i sure hope he stays that way.I was really happy because he started burrowing almost immediately. And as you can see he eats like a pig! Hes really paranoid but what surprises me is he doesnt mind openly swimming around during the day and late at night. Most jawfish that ive seen rarely venture out of their burrows.

Awesome tank!! sorry to hear about your shoulder!! Are you feeling better now?

I was wondering where you got your LEDs?? How many LEDs do you have?? I'm thinking of asking my friend to build one for me and he's suggesting 18 LED lights for a 22g. I am really tempted to get this tank. I'm upgrading from a BC8

I'm just concerned about the evaporation rate, even though I'm planning to get the glass cover. Speaking of which, does your glass cover the chambers too??

Also, I was wondering how much was your controller that does the light effect? Sounds like an awesome concept and would love to add it to my setup

Finally, is a skimmer really necessary for a 22g?

man this tank looks just like the jbj picotope but 36gal bigger...nice
Awesome tank!! sorry to hear about your shoulder!! Are you feeling better now?

I was wondering where you got your LEDs?? How many LEDs do you have?? I'm thinking of asking my friend to build one for me and he's suggesting 18 LED lights for a 22g. I am really tempted to get this tank. I'm upgrading from a BC8

I'm just concerned about the evaporation rate, even though I'm planning to get the glass cover. Speaking of which, does your glass cover the chambers too??

Also, I was wondering how much was your controller that does the light effect? Sounds like an awesome concept and would love to add it to my setup

Finally, is a skimmer really necessary for a 22g?

Thanks alot im doing alot better now. I bought the leds from another reefer but you can buy them directly from reefgeek. Theres 24 leds in each fixture so total of 48. I totally recommend cad tanks. Theyre great and customer service is top notch.

The evaporation isnt that bad at all and i have the canopy on(prevent jawfish surfing) and the canopy doesnt cover the back chambers

If you get the ghl profilux light its only $300. The package i got not including the doser brand new would cost $552.

I wouldnt say its nescessary if you keep up with water changes but it definitely helps. But ive run a few tanks skimmerless for a while with no negative effects. Some corals actually prefer the water a bit "dirty"

I thought I had posted on this thread.... maybe it was deleted in the data loss.

Ah well, great tank, hype! :)

Thanks lani :happy:

man this tank looks just like the jbj picotope but 36gal bigger...nice

Thanks alot

Needreefunds

Thanks for posting the vid

Quite the comical fellow :happy:

Not that I am one to complain, but the topic description is somewhat misleading.

I leave slightly disappointed and unsatisfied. ;)

:P

Archived