Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sammy's 20G Cube

sammy113

Heres a couple of fresh pics and some new coral :happydance:

DSC_0925.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

Today I got this Acan and don't know if I should place it in the sand bed or can I epoxy it to the rock near the bottom?

DSC_0911.jpg

This one is a couple of months old but has grown nicely over the plug

DSC_0927.jpg

Today during some cleaning I was using the turkey baster and inspecting the corals found this... is this what I think it is? I checked all the other corals but this was the only one I could found. If it is some kind of pest, what should I do?

DSC_0928.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Falcon. Yeah they act just like blue chromis. Mine died while back :( but it was a good fish. Added a lot of color to the tank

Thanks badfish.

I got a response from my local club guys in regards to the strange thingy on my SPS and it was a positive ID on a Flatworm. Quickly did a 5 min dip in Coral Revive and 2 flatworms came off at 3 mins dip. Then rinse with new saltwater and back to the tank. Apparently the coral lost some tissue eaten by this worms but will do tomorrow a dip in Brightwell's Medi Coral Dip to help renew tissue :)

Also will try to get a Radiant Wrasse which hopefully will take care if there are any other flatworms that spread in the tank

Thanks badfish.

I got a response from my local club guys in regards to the strange thingy on my SPS and it was a positive ID on a Flatworm. Quickly did a 5 min dip in Coral Revive and 2 flatworms came off at 3 mins dip. Then rinse with new saltwater and back to the tank. Apparently the coral lost some tissue eaten by this worms but will do tomorrow a dip in Brightwell's Medi Coral Dip to help renew tissue :)

Also will try to get a Radiant Wrasse which hopefully will take care if there are any other flatworms that spread in the tank

Good to hear that you got those lil buggers before they killed the coral. Have you checked your other corals? I was thinking it was a flatworm but was also %75 sure it was new growth also. And that Chromis is sooooo awsome. I'd like to get a small group for my tank!

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some sump pictures. Added chaeto about 2 weeks ago and have grown nicely under 3 LEDs. I got a very small ball of chaeto.

Also added a small carbon reactor powered with a micro jet. It overflows over the tube to the sump.

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0990.jpg

Few days ago I lost my chromis trio cause I took the wrong decision to add a strawberry basslet :angry: he killed all my chromis apparently during the night. Clowns were fine cause the sleep swiming all over the tank and not in the rocks. Took out the friggin basterd returned to lfs and yesterday I got this cool little guys

Sorry for the dirty glass and I suck at fish pics

DSC_0994.jpg

Love how they school

DSC_1010.jpg

DSC_1013.jpg

DSC_1015.jpg

DSC_1016.jpg

They were sold to me as orange lined cardinals but seems kinda different to me. Maybe they're still young and eventually color will change, maybe they're just another species. Any idea the real name?

Got the id on the cardinals:

Apogon margaritophorus Bleeker 1854, the Red-Striped Cardinal.

To. 6.5 cm.

Western Central Pacific: Indo-Malay Archipelago to Solomon Islands

Haha upgrade already? Haven't you though about getting some optics on yours? It will increase dramatically. I tried 60 deg and all my corals were so mad. Had to switch to 80 deg. Maybe in a month I can swap to 60 so the change isn't as shocking.

Yes, I'm going Arduino. Even when I don't know sh!t about it and for some reason I just don't want to try it lol. Kinda freaks me out. Someone is doing it for me :)

Haha upgrade already? Haven't you though about getting some optics on yours? It will increase dramatically. I tried 60 deg and all my corals were so mad. Had to switch to 80 deg. Maybe in a month I can swap to 60 so the change isn't as shocking.

Yes, I'm going Arduino. Even when I don't know sh!t about it and for some reason I just don't want to try it lol. Kinda freaks me out. Someone is doing it for me :)

I have optics already, but I really like the LOOK of your light. I don't think I really need more LEDs, mine is plenty bright lol.

And yeah, I want to pay someone to do it, but to be honest I need to do more stuff by myself. I cheated too much by having you do as much as you did.

Are you guys still coming up to Orlando anytime soon? I'll have to give you my number.

Thanks Lani!

I have optics already, but I really like the LOOK of your light. I don't think I really need more LEDs, mine is plenty bright lol.

And yeah, I want to pay someone to do it, but to be honest I need to do more stuff by myself. I cheated too much by having you do as much as you did.

Are you guys still coming up to Orlando anytime soon? I'll have to give you my number.

Oh didn't know about the optics. What degree you using?

Not sure about going to Orlando soon. We are going to Massachusetts and NY this friday. If I'm recovered (talking about $$$) by October-November we were thinking about going at least a weekend to Orlando (I'm gonna be in middle of classes). Rumors are this year's Halloween Horror Nights are going to be epic so we really want to go. I'll let you know how this turns out.

so the trades are from peps in pr if they are keep me in mind if they want to trade some stuff i acuanto stan vendiendo los acan aca la ultima ves que vi fue en coralia

No problem.Check out the local forum (amepr.org) for more info in meetings, frag swaps and auctions. Theres always some sweet deals and nice corals.

I paid like $25 for the acan. Fish store is carrying some very nice corals recently. Prices are good though

thats a good price howmany heads and whats the name of the shop so i can pass by by the way if you need corals i got a guy who gets some good stuff but no acans or zoas for a good price so if u looking for somthing hit me up and ill let you know if he can get it for you

Archived