Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sammy's 20G Cube

sammy113

Thanks! I just found what I was doing wrong with the MP10. I Needed to Press and HOLD the set button to save the preset, not just press it cause it changes to whatever pulse the controller wants.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Everything is doing good. Not much of a change to update here. I've been basically changing water and topping off. No new stuff besides Calvin's Bam Bam. Hopefully in a week or so I'm gonna have some more zoas and rics, maybe another SPS. I have a friend that fragged me some and just need to go and visit him. Gotta love some freebies. Here some pics

DSC_0032-1.jpg

Never seen this type of algae before. Have some of them around the tank. Looks like a zoa

DSC_0037.jpg

Here you can compare sizes

DSC_0038.jpg

This little brain have been growing nicely and colored up great

DSC_0040.jpg

My "zoa garden" Still need more :P

DSC_0042.jpg

And a bad FTS with too much light

DSC_0008.jpg

Oh color is great. Growth not so amazing. But i know I'm not even testing for Ca or Alk... So that means no dosing at all or anything. I'm too busy with college and work, too lazy with my tank

• 2 weeks later...

I'm building a new sump which will house a new skimmer and depending on how many space is left I may have some space for a nice fuge in which I want to keep sand and chaeto.

Here some pics. Still without baffles until I have the skimmer. I'm waiting for the NAC7 cone skimmer

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Looks so clean I want to make another reef in it haha

Sump dimensions are 15.5" x 14" x 14"

sammy113 said:
DSC_0134.jpg

What are you doing, you need to work on my sump! :angry: Oh wait, I haven't gotten you acrylic yet.... :P

Looks great so far, I'm excited for you.

PS: I'll be getting you pictures of coral tomorrow, I'll try to find out how much shipping will be.

Yup! They worked fine. I sold one of them (the cylinder one) kept the squared one but i still want one of those colorful skimmers. :lol: the nac7 looks nice to me. Had one in my hands the other day and its a lot bigger than I though. Construction quality is awesome though

• 2 weeks later...
Dizzle21 said:
how did you make your acrylic canopy?

You mean the acrylic box for the LED lamp? its 1/2" thick acrylic with routed rounded edges. Pretty much like just building a tank, putting together walls. Not much to say about it.

Got my new skimmer. Now to work on my sump walls! This thing is HUGE! Very solid, very nice construction also.

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

Sump is finished!

Very simple.

First compartment: Filter sock and Skimmer

Second: Fuge for chaeto

Bubble Trap

Return Pump and ATO

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

littlereefers

You pretty much singlehandedly built the tank/stand/lighting I have been drooling over for about a year now...just WOW! I have gone back and forth through this build thread at least a dozen times in the last 24 hours, it is wonderful!

Looking really good...

:) Thank you

You pretty much singlehandedly built the tank/stand/lighting I have been drooling over for about a year now...just WOW! I have gone back and forth through this build thread at least a dozen times in the last 24 hours, it is wonderful!

Geez, Thank You :blush: glad you liked it. I'm enjoying this one. I love to build stuff :P

wow, this a sweet build. holy over skim batman. on the skimmer, is it 110V?, if so where did you get it and how $$?

yea, a little overkill though. It supposed to be 110v but i got it 220v for error (I'm waiting for the 110v pump now). Got it locally with a reseller. You can get them from ebay 110v like for $200 shipped

Thanks Sam. Can't wait to fill this thing! Don't worry about those pictures. No rush with that.

I know, but I feel like you could do something really cool with them.

I'll PM you in a few minutes with those measurements btw.

About a week ago I sold my LED lamp to make a new, larger one with different equipment. I was thinking just to upgrade the one I had but buying 12 more LEDs, 2 more buckpucks, more lenses, new heatsink and all was even more investment than buying all new from scratch (considering that I could get some more $ from the old lamp cause was already made, plug & play) Here are some pics of the new lamp. Pretty much the same as the old one, except for the rounded edges. Right now I'm not using any lenses as I don't think its necessary.

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

Archived