Pod Your Reef

Sammy's 20G Cube

sammy113

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Sam, the fan is a little bigger than yours (140mm) but is almost double the height. Don't know where my head was when I saw 25mm thick... Right now thats a preliminary housing cause I needed to have something to hang since I had a week lamp while waiting for the stuff. I will do a new acrylic box, maybe white acrylic. Will probably get a new fan and that one will have a top. I actually like open top cause the air flows better out of the fins but i'd also like to hide everything

Thanks Sam, the fan is a little bigger than yours (140mm) but is almost double the height. Don't know where my head was when I saw 25mm thick... Right now thats a preliminary housing cause I needed to have something to hang since I had a week lamp while waiting for the stuff. I will do a new acrylic box, maybe white acrylic. Will probably get a new fan and that one will have a top. I actually like open top cause the air flows better out of the fins but i'd also like to hide everything

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the height til I saw the first picture closer. That sucks :o I'll have to find the receipt for my fan and find out where exactly I got it...

I really like the current box, and I think if you did a top similar to what you did with mine but kept the same acrylic it would look great.

PS: I just sold my WOW account for $1000, but I was going to buy Alison and I tattoos for Christmas with it. Any money leftover however goes toward my tank... :P

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the height til I saw the first picture closer. That sucks :o I'll have to find the receipt for my fan and find out where exactly I got it...

I really like the current box, and I think if you did a top similar to what you did with mine but kept the same acrylic it would look great.

PS: I just sold my WOW account for $1000, but I was going to buy Alison and I tattoos for Christmas with it. Any money leftover however goes toward my tank... :P

Gotcha, gonna try it oin this setup.

Damn! $1000 must be very pimped and all tricked out! Ink for christmas is cool.

wow...the new light looks a lot better.

any shots of the new sump?

new sump is not installed yet :( probably tonight is gonna happen

New sump in place. Still waiting for the Atman Pump for the cone skimmer

DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

Fuge with 3LED light. I know chaeto wont appreciate the blue though, but I just had it and why not put it also. Hopefully will help to kick a little the Cool Whites. Hope it grows under that. If it grows with the little halogen submersible light, should like this LEDs also

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

sammy113 said:
DSC_0289.jpg

Wow even your sump light is awesome. Great build. I wish I had the electrical skills to build fixtures like that.

haha..LED light for fuge. i would use all white for good algae growth. im gonna be using LED as well for my sump/frag area.

cant wait to see the nac7 in action. my nac6a is churning out lots of white froth, and microbubbles

Thanks. Corals are doing fine. They seemed to react very well to the new light. I have a few new corals, some of them from Eric (Calvin) and some locally. Also got the skimmer pump and is up running.

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0476-1.jpg

DSC_0481-1.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0490-1.jpg

DSC_0492-1.jpg

DSC_0493-1.jpg

DSC_0495-1.jpg

DSC_0499-1.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Heres some recent pics i took

DSC_0845.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

I broke this during maintenance :(

DSC_0794.jpg

Happy Frags

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

DSC_0730.jpg

DSC_0729.jpg

DSC_0848-1.jpg

NAC7 is working very nice. This is next day after water change and collection cup cleaning

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0724.jpg

DSC_0722.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

Got Waves? B)

DSC_0849.jpg

Heres some coffee after a week of the last clean

DSC_0856.jpg

It looks too wet but before turning it off I always like to overflow it a little to collect the last brown foam

Hi,

man your are pretty handy on building things.

The tank looks great. i own a similar one but it's not half that well equiped ..

Regards,

Nikolas

This is one of the most involved setups I have ever seen, good work! Looks amazing and you should be proud. :)

What optics are you using out of curiosity?

Hi,

man your are pretty handy on building things.

The tank looks great. i own a similar one but it's not half that well equiped ..

Regards,

Nikolas

Thanks Nikolas :)

This is one of the most involved setups I have ever seen, good work! Looks amazing and you should be proud. :)

What optics are you using out of curiosity?

Thanks, I'm proud of mi lil tank :) Right now I'm not using any optics. I do have 60 deg but never tried them in this setup. Maybe I'll give them a try soon

hey sammy, saw your post in the bubble magus thread over in RC that you have something cooking up for the skimmer. let me know how it turns out. very interested in its performance.

hey sammy, saw your post in the bubble magus thread over in RC that you have something cooking up for the skimmer. let me know how it turns out. very interested in its performance.

:ninja: will do ;)

Archived