ReefCleaners.org

Sammy's 20G Cube

sammy113

SMH : ) TRADE YOUR FUNNY. Nice pics i think i am going to have to get a new camera like your because my pics prove no justice.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Sammy

Alot of people attribute the lack of coloring in sps to LED's not providing the UV light spectrum they need for tissue growth. Do you find any of that in your time with the sps and your LED lights?

I have never used MH with SPS before. I had a sunpod while back but I only kept softies. What I can tell you now from what I've seen, they DO grow and while the "bone" grows, the tissue grows with nice color too. I do have noticed some kinda pale color, maybe not as vivid as others but I can't blame the LEDs for that. I have seen very bright and nice colors under LED from a friend.

disaster999
Well is not a BM actually :lol: is a Resun. That is just a sticker that came with the skimmer ;)

curse you! i want my 30 mins back for searching this reactor!!!!!!!!

curse you! i want my 30 mins back for searching this reactor!!!!!!!!

:lol: sorry to break your heart :flower: but they should come pretty soon with something like this.

if it makes you happy, you can get one of these for cheaaaap in HK. I paid $20 for mine and you just need a sticker :lol:

disaster999

better yet, i just found a local reefer selling his reactor.

2 very dirty reactor and a maxi jet pump for 23 bucks

hey so you ever got that bubble plate design working with your nac7?

I never finished it though. I made a whole new cylinder out of 4" diameter acrylic tube (slightly larger than BM's) but never got to drill the holes. My impeller broke and the spare one doesn't fit. I changed it for a pinwheel and what I did was to modify the factory bubble plate. I countersunk the holes it had but that didn't make a lot of noticeable difference.

I'm soon replacing the NAC7 for a Super Reef Octo SSS1000. Got a nice deal on it plus I love how the bubble blaster pump performs. If you want I can finish the bubble diffuser and send it you at no cost. Just pay the shipping :)

disaster999

sorry to hear impeller crapped out on you. mine is still performing like a champ. im sure you'll be extremely happy with the skimmer with the bubble blaster pump

thank for the offer, let me know when your able to finish it.

• 3 weeks later...

Some Updated pichers

DSC_0928-1.jpg

DSC_0927-1.jpg

DSC_0919.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

DSC_0911-1.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

Same frag about a month ago

DSC_0830.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

This one has gone through hard times but its coloring up nicely again.

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0921-1.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

Same frag a month ago

DSC_0823.jpg

Candy

DSC_0901.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0885.jpg

Full Shot

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0940.jpg

Thanks Sam, we're still trying to find a nice price on tickets and hotel but we're pretty sure it will happen :)

Our new place has a fully furnished apartment you can rent as a hotel for $50 a night. But it's only 1 bedroom if there's going to be a lot of people...

Sammy...

WOW. That aquascape is by far one of the best I've ever seen on a cube. You've hit it right on this time, when the corals grow in you're in for some serious business.

Our new place has a fully furnished apartment you can rent as a hotel for $50 a night. But it's only 1 bedroom if there's going to be a lot of people...

Sounds good. Still don't know if more people is coming or just my gf and me. I'll let you know to ask for more details on that

Sammy...

WOW. That aquascape is by far one of the best I've ever seen on a cube. You've hit it right on this time, when the corals grow in you're in for some serious business.

Thanks Daniel. I really liked how it turned out. Can't wait to get some more frags and let them grow.

BTW, Congrats on the TOTM! never stopped by to say congrats. Very well deserved, it was time to win already :D

Looking great, How has the controller project been going?

Anyways keep it up!

-Dave

Thanks Dave. I haven't spend more time on the controller. It is working right now but not as I really wanted to. I've been lazy to read more about the codes and develop my own

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay on this. Heres a pic of the new red LED I installed in my lamp. I used a 80 degree optic for more spread and I love how the final color mix looks. The red blends in very well and give a little of a warmer look to the spectrum.

DSC_0971.jpg

These corals keep growing fast and improving color

DSC_0986.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_0997.jpg

A while back I noticed some kind of encrusting coral growing in the base rock of another coral. Never knew exactly what it was cause it didn't had any color. Look now what I have. Weird huh? never had a green monti before.

DSC_0992-1.jpg

This one suffered a lot with red bugs and started loosing tissue. Now it has stopped and I have some pieces with nice color and polyp extension. Should I cut it and glue it to a new piece of rock?

DSC_1001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

while ago I said I was changing my NAC7 for a Reef Octopus XP1000SSS but never posted pics of it. Heres some after a few weeks running. I'm very impressed with this skimmer. Love the bubble blaster pump. Pulls a LOT of air.

DSC_1019-1.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1025.jpg

DSC_1021.jpg

Archived