inTank Media Baskets

Sammy's 20G Cube

sammy113

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I bought 4 Neutral whites just to see what happens and I swapped 4 Cool Whites. You can't really see much of a difference with bare eyes between CW and NW. With a picture, is another story. Here's a cel phone pic. Will snap a few shots later with my DSLR when I clean the glass and scrape all the goddamn coraline. 348e7189.jpg

Dude your tank is drool inspiring, I really gotta see that thing up close and personal!!!!

Following for shizzles!!

Oh and btw, Where the heck are you getting those corals, it's nearly impossible to find those here in the local shops, that's why i've been ordering everything online exclusively!

Thanks buddy. Almost all of the corals are from trades with locals. There are a few people here that frag their corals so I always try to get a little of everything. Trying not to get big colonies, just variety and watch them grow. Feel free to contact me to see the tank in person.

Sammy, tank is looking great!

So it turns out we are coming to San Juan for our honeymoon! We'll be there the 10th through 16th.

Thanks Sam! I'm very happy how the tank is growing.

What!!! haha thats cool! 10th to 16th but when is that? Shoot me an email if you need anything. I live very close to airport and most of the hotels here. Let me know if we catch up someday to hang out

ohh nice you really are gonna like it down here and congrats on the wedding!

Thanks! I've heard great things so we are excited.

Thanks Sam! I'm very happy how the tank is growing.

What!!! haha thats cool! 10th to 16th but when is that? Shoot me an email if you need anything. I live very close to airport and most of the hotels here. Let me know if we catch up someday to hang out

Thanks Sammy, I appreciate that. We're staying at the Caribe Hilton. Maybe I'll be able to con the wife into coming to see your tank hahaha.

Wow. This is really close to what I'm wanting to do with my 25g cube when it shows up.

What thickness and wood did you use for the stand?

Stand is made only by 3/4" oak plywood.

Here a few pics of the new fish. This is my second time trying a Tailspot. First one just disappeared .

This next week will be full of updates as yesterday got some new SPS from a friend taking down his tank. Some are nice, other are all brown but hopefully will eventually color up. Theres a ORA in the mix :D Will take pics of them once they are in place. Right now they sit on the sand.

Tuesday/ Wednesday I'm getting a few Zoa frags I bough from FishOnTheBrainCoral and probably same day I'm receiving some premium acans from Frag Farmer

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0323-1.jpg

DSC_0325-1.jpg

This is the ACANS island. Right now I have 4 of them + the new coming. The goal is to cover the entire rock so it looks like a big multi color colony.

DSC_0327.jpg

More to come...

• 2 weeks later...

Here some updated pictures. Got my zoa frags from FishOnTheBrainCoral. Amazing stuff! Also some SPS from a local that tore down his tank. Still waiting on the acans that were supposed to be shipped last week.

DSC_0023-1.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0028-2.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

These SPS are very brown so lets see how the color up

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0039-2.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

This is also from the same group but this was very nice. Its ORA and is loosing tissue now :(

DSC_0034.jpg

This one has grown very nice

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038-1.jpg

This one also lost a lot of tissue and color a while ago. Its coloring up nicely now and growing back

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0059-1.jpg

You'll maybe notice warmer/red color in the photos because of the new red LED installed in the lamp

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Sweet! I am glad they have turned out ok for you. I like the look witth the red LED. I was thinking about picking up a cyan and a red to throw on my setup. Not sure If I want to put them on the CW driver or the RB driver, OR one on each and if so what side for each. the red really pops even with just one.

LOOKING GOOD MAN!

Now this is a great looking tank. I love the scape. That new tailspot is a nice addition.

So far how do you feel about your led's? I've always gone back and forth with mine but I havent had much experience with other types of lighting except halide. Do you think the red led makes a difference in there? What did you have on your 40br?

Thank you all guys.

Justin, I really like the LEDs in my tank. They have been able to grow SPS nicely and I really like the colors as well. The red LED makes a huge difference though. Sometimes I block the light from the red LED with electrical tape and it reminds me I'm never gonna go back to just Whites and Blues. Adds a lot to the spectrum. There is a big movement towards the neutral whites in order to provide a warmer spectrum and some colors never seen with cool whites. I'm in the process of doing it also but will have to put the red LED on a separate driver cause then it will be too red/yellowish for me.

Oh and the 40B was tore down years ago. I end up selling it :( I miss it

Your pictures are great Sammy. I guess I'm going to break down and get some of these NW and Cyan leds. Also I am thinking of getting rid of the Meanwells and driving with buckpucks since meanwells are impossible to fit in any enclosure.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Sorry for those posts that I missed.

Pyro, what I like about buckpucks is that they actually dim down to almost zero while meanwells start at higher %. Also gotta love the compact size they are.

Good to have Giga and d'Espresso in the ride ;)

Archived