Cultivated Reef

20 long nano

racechase

I spot feed every other day or every couple days if Im busy. What I have noticed as well is when i feed my goby with flake, Ill turn off the pumps and let some flake fall on the coral. They love it and Ive noticed a little more extension on the coral that gets the flake.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
more live rock and it'd be cool to see a rbta in there, but that's too early

yeah i think i'll build up another mound on the right side. and nems are in the future ;)

yeah i think i'll build up another mound on the right side. and nems are in the future ;)

be sure to send me a pm when I get my rock. I'm sure I'll have some extras. I'm pming for that coupon now :D

im in the process of DIY'ing an overflow box for a closed loop sump so i can get all this equipment out of the way. i plan to hide my ATO, heater, and chemical filtration as well as some chaeto. can anyone recommend a pump to push water up 2 1/2 feet?

I am running a MAG 5 pump and its got plenty of flow up 3 feet. I mean its not dart or industrial strong but it does have like a 20x turnover.

Plus i have a lot of tees and gate valves in the plumbing for possible add ons.

By the way your tank looks real good.

I think he said 15lbs, but I'm not sure...

close,17 ;) but i have 6 lbs of base rock underneath the sea life.

that would mean i have to stick my hands in the tank and move them... :P

101_0821.jpg

K nano on the left, K1 on the right

that would mean i have to stick my hands in the tank and move them... :P

101_0821.jpg

K nano on the left, K1 on the right

lol, yeah. That would be too much work. Is there a noticeable difference in size? I feel like my k1 is too big for my little tank, and will probably be replaced by 2 k nanos

lol, yeah. That would be too much work. Is there a noticeable difference in size? I feel like my k1 is too big for my little tank, and will probably be replaced by 2 k nanos

do you mean size big or flow big? cause if you do 2 k nanos you'd get 120 more gph

i wanna say the nano is 2/3 the size of the 1

do you mean size big or flow big? cause if you do 2 k nanos you'd get 120 more gph

i wanna say the nano is 2/3 the size of the 1

yes, I meant size. I was thinking that I would only get 80 gph more.

yes, I meant size. I was thinking that I would only get 80 gph more.

arent k1s 400 gph and k nanos 260gph?

Archived