SaltCritters.com

20 long nano

racechase

i traded in my SPS for some rics, zoos, and a skunk shrimp. yay for pics! (right click VIEW IMAGE for full sizers)

105_1069.jpg

105_1072.jpg

105_1073.jpg

105_1076.jpg

105_1077.jpg

105_1081.jpg

105_1086.jpg

105_1089.jpg

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tank is looking nice! Im glad to see everything is working out well. How are the frags doing? I hope they are staying in place!

ooh, pretty. lol. Beautiful man! Is that caulpera in your fuge above the chaeto? I've heard mixed reviews about it in case you didn't know.

Keep it up bro!

i have those same fans in the computer i built...they are serious, love that tank

The tank is looking nice! Im glad to see everything is working out well. How are the frags doing? I hope they are staying in place!

thanks man! the frags are doing great, the sunset(sunrise?) paly came loose and is somewhere but i was not tearing apart the tank for $10 lol

ooh, pretty. lol. Beautiful man! Is that caulpera in your fuge above the chaeto? I've heard mixed reviews about it in case you didn't know.

Keep it up bro!

thanks! yeah its caulpera. what are the reviews?

psh i dont see how anything going sexual is bad for the tank ;)

jk that means it'll spread little copies of itself all over my tank. is it really that invasive?

psh i dont see how anything going sexual is bad for the tank ;)

jk that means it'll spread little copies of itself all over my tank. is it really that invasive?

I think that it changes something in the water chemistry. IDK. Some people say it does just fine.

Waterproof

Your tank looks pretty sharp. Do you have any other shots of the fuge? How does it hang on the tank? What does the return look like? Thanks,

J.

I think that it changes something in the water chemistry. IDK. Some people say it does just fine.

if its like human gametes the solution its in is basic. there fore slightly raising your PH

if its like human gametes the solution its in is basic. there fore slightly raising your PH

hmmm i'll keep an eye on the pH

Your tank looks pretty sharp. Do you have any other shots of the fuge? How does it hang on the tank? What does the return look like? Thanks,

J.

thanks! i'll get some pics of it for you...

intake is in the back being powered by a rio 50. the outflow is in the front and is just an open 3/4" pvc elbow. the fuge hangs on the back by the 3/4" pvc eblow resting on the lip of the rim.

293at5v.jpg

25juwqq.jpg

Waterproof
intake is in the back being powered by a rio 50. the outflow is in the front and is just an open 3/4" pvc elbow. the fuge hangs on the back by the 3/4" pvc eblow resting on the lip of the rim.

Thanks for the pics. That seems like a pretty simple setup. One thing...you might want to add a diffuser to the return, similar to the typical intake to a HOB filter. I can see one of my stupid snails parking its butt in front of the elbow making the fuge overflow.

so my fuge epically failed last night. i woke up at 4 am to the sound of my HOB filter and the fuge trickling water - there was about 2 gallons of water missing too. apparently the outtake hose i used is letting less water out than is coming in, so it all overflowed out the top. and best of all was i didnt have any more RO water left to mix up new saltwater at 4 am so i had to run out to walmart and buy more. oh and my heater i use to heat up new water is faulty and it electrocuted me when i touched the water. also, the ballast of the light that was over the fuge got fried so when i went to turn the fuge light on i got electrocuted then too. AND THIS WAS ALL AFTER SOME DRINKS. soooo needless to say i just woke up and im looking forward to summer.

<_<

1337TANKHAX

How'd you get to walmart after a few drinks? :blink:

lol sorry that had to be my first post in this thread. I do dig your tank though, I hope everything's all good in it!

Waterproof

I probably shouldn't be smiling, but DAMN! Good story. Much better than the typical "I think my tank crashed" story. Have you asked yourself if the dual electrocutions were in some way related to your intoxication? ;)

I hope everything is back to normal today. Maybe you'll have a better night!

How'd you get to walmart after a few drinks? :blink:

lol sorry that had to be my first post in this thread. I do dig your tank though, I hope everything's all good in it!

I probably shouldn't be smiling, but DAMN! Good story. Much better than the typical "I think my tank crashed" story. Have you asked yourself if the dual electrocutions were in some way related to your intoxication? ;)

I hope everything is back to normal today. Maybe you'll have a better night!

lmao i wasnt intoxicated persay. by 4am i had slept some of it off and was making somewhat right judgements. and electricity is my friend now :owned:

thanks guys. everythings running better today. i put an airline tube to siphon the extra water out of the fuge into the tank, and i have some reserve saltwater now ;)

alright the fuge is 99% under control :) as long as the hermit and emerald crabs i exiled to it dont crawl up the tube i'd say were set.

SO am i fully stocked? i have a clown, a damsel and a sixline. my CUC is 1 skunk shrimp 6 astreas 3 ceriths 3 nassasiris and 2 hermits. i wanna add a goby. i like wheeleri gobies, are they notorious carpet surfers? any other suggestions for rock/bottom dwellers? and i think i want a anemone too. i know i can get bubble tips locally, will my clown host that?

WTF my torch is all closed up and is oozing something purple out of its mouth. it looks like really thin already chewed gum. help?!?

what is this junk. is it dying? :huh: my params are 8.1 pH ~2.5 alk 0 ppm NO3 and NH3

105_1103.jpg

105_1104.jpg

105_1105.jpg

105_1106.jpg

Waterproof
what is this junk. is it dying? :huh: my params are 8.1 pH ~2.5 alk 0 ppm NO3 and NH3

I wouldn't sweat it. Mine does that when it's expelling wastes. It'll release some stringy, brownish gunk and then go back to normal.

Of course, I could be wrong!

It could be mildly stressed, but it's not anything to panic over.

Mine have done it plenty of times with no negative results or loss of life afterwards.

Archived