Cultivated Reef

20 long nano

racechase

It could be mildly stressed, but it's not anything to panic over.

Mine have done it plenty of times with no negative results or loss of life afterwards.

thank you :happy:

i did just have a nitrate spike. idk what from, but it went up to 10ppm. i did a 20% water change yesterday and upped the lighting on the fuge and now its back down to 0ppm today.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow read the whole thread I dunno how I missed it

I love what ya got going so far, that T5HO sure made a difference B)

Wow read the whole thread I dunno how I missed it

I love what ya got going so far, that T5HO sure made a difference B)

I have thought and talked and smoked on this matter, and i decided to rescape (please tell me youve seen little big man) the last scape was too evenly laid out, like foo said, it looked like a speed bump. so 2 hours later and here we are.

oh yeah my clown died :( idk why. my cuc made short work of him though, he was 90% gone before i woke up this morning

and in the process of rescaping i laid the rocks on the floor. i noticed something scurrying across my room, it was the rock crab. i caught him and threw him in the fuge ;)

left island

105_1115.jpg

right island

105_1116.jpg

everyone likes a good fuge shot

105_1122.jpg

emerald on probation for stealing food from coral

105_1123.jpg

Less frag plugs, please.

Thank you and have a nice day.

thats what she said. frag plugs should be banned from creation, hasnt anyone figured out they fit nowhere? :huh:

if i cut the xenia and kenya tree off the rock, will they die? i dont want them to be the center of attention lol but i dont want to kill them

I like the new scape. :)

Just use a dremel with a diamond cut off wheel to cut a small bit of the rock off underneath the corals you want to remove.

Trade or sell whatever you don't want, coralline will quickly grow over the cut spots on the rock.

thank you for being so to the point and not wasting my time with flashy sentences epic :)

Sentences are for suckers. You have coraline, I want, you give? Thanks. :D

I like the new scape. :)

Just use a dremel with a diamond cut off wheel to cut a small bit of the rock off underneath the corals you want to remove.

Trade or sell whatever you don't want, coralline will quickly grow over the cut spots on the rock.

Sentences are for suckers. You have coraline, I want, you give? Thanks. :D

Dont have nuff.

Night and day with the new scape! It looks killer. Sorry to hear about your clownfish loss! Its a rough time for fish in swfl.

im going for a coral/fish roadtrip next week, i cant wait :D im getting more acans and maybe more zoos. which fish should i get - bangaii cardinal, firefish, watchman goby, or hi fin goby?

oh yeah, im trying to find a pom pom crab too :D

ehh im having fishy issues. my damsel looks blotchy and like he might have ich. i know my clown had ich and that may have been why he died. my six line just did like a triple barrel roll type deal. both fish are swimming/eating/pooping fine. i tried to get pics of the damsel but he wont slow down for a second lol. yesterday i started dosing with maracyn to see if that'd help get rid of the blotchiness(velvet maybe??) and to see if itd kill the cyano, which it did a little bit :)

ohio reefer
alright i got excited and took some pics. i think the haziness adds a cool effect ;) and i think the shrimp is a pistol shrimp!! i really hope he makes it through the cycle. i couldnt get any good pics of him because he receded into the dark and ominous cave..

10gk3z7.jpg

see him on the sand?

2zpp3qb.jpg

looks like pistol shrimp.

hth

Mark

Ive got a couple palys that are bleaching, what should i do? i already moved them into a darker corner and placed mosquito mesh under the light. can i save these frags?

Archived