Pod Your Reef

20 long nano

racechase

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, it has grown in the time between those two pics! Compare them! I'll bet you have 2 by tonight lol

my reefs on roids :)

20 bucks is a really good deal for two rics. Give it a few days and it will be great.

really? i have no idea how much coral cost. i just kind of trust the kid at my LFS to not screw me lol. i hope it colors up like it looked in the store after a few hours.

gerber.. i want your blue ric and blue zoas :lol:

It should color up in a couple days. Thanks man, I like the blues as well. Orange rics can go anywhere from 15-45 per polyp, depending on size, mouths and color. So 2 for 20 is an excellent deal.

awesome! the bigger one is about the size of a quarter and the tiny one a bit bigger than a nickel.... i think im gonna order some blue zoas tonight. all my LFS had was brown and pink, and they were only selling colonies, about a 4 x 2 rock full of polyps for $50.

oh yeah i forgot i have a huge $200 (for a teenager :P) paycheck coming soon! i might have to spend it all...

haha sweet, dont spend all of it, save some because Im sure a great deal on coral will come around and you want money to buy it. I literally have an emergency coral envelope in my drawer, and Ive used it on a couple pieces in my tank.

haha sweet, dont spend all of it, save some because Im sure a great deal on coral will come around and you want money to buy it. I literally have an emergency coral envelope in my drawer, and Ive used it on a couple pieces in my tank.

:haha:

haha nice :D ive always got $200 in my bank account for "emergencies" and i only plan to spend like $75 of it tonight.

FTS

33y42gk.jpg

turbos, which im starting to think is an oxymoron.

1z4k7rp.jpg

and a litte picture i call king of the hill... :)

dcphqb.jpg

im working on it ;) i think im going to get some neon blue zoas, a blue ric, and a red shroom from sealifeinc.

nothing yet. im going back to my LFS tomorrow to get my deposit on a water jug back and then browse their selection again. if i cant find anything there, i'll order from sealife or some other hobbyists.

Your tank is coming along nicely. The snails you have are astrea, they are good workers for algae on the glass or rocks, but you might also want some snails for the sand. A nice CUC for a 10g would be a mixture of inverts like astrea, cerith snails, nassarius snails, and my best investment to my CUC, a small emerald crab. Good luck!

thanks kyle!

i picked up 3 nassarius snails today. im assuming i should get more? right now i have 4 turbos and 3 nassarius. they were out of ceriths but their new shipment is coming in thursday. i also picked up some zoa and shroom frags for free! i talked to the kid for a couple minutes about everything and he threw what was floating around in their display in a bag for free. the shrooms should have been $15 each and the zoas $10 each but i scored 4 zoas and 2 shrooms for free. im so happy!!! :D :D so needless to say im going back on thursday and spending some cash on new frags he says are gonna be pretty awesome. on top of that, my new bulbs came in the mail early. soo i have some shots for you guys... :) the shrooms didnt come out, i'll try to get some better ones of them.

Dual actinic/Dual daylight

5nw11c.jpg

vevxx4.jpg

1pcpkg.jpg

Dual actinic only

2rvy9zk.jpg

fz0w09.jpg

Awesome chase! I'm so jealous!!

hey dont worry i'll send you a zoa frag for free when your tanks ready ;) FILL IT UP ALREADY!!

hey dont worry i'll send you a zoa frag for free when your tanks ready ;) FILL IT UP ALREADY!!

dude, that'd be sweet :haha: I need to get some water :mellow:

:lol:

haha its just a little incentive. and i'd like to spread my happiness :D

but may is coming... im NOT looking forward to that <_<

Archived