Pod Your Reef

20 long nano

racechase

yea i have not seen too many people selling coral out of ky, maybe you can be the first.

I gotta get some water first ;)

I called one guy that I knew who used to work at an lfs that had some corals but I think he moved after the lfs closed down :(

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, that'd be sick!

FTS? I bet the lights are off now though.

youre lucky i took one before they went out lol. and will you claim your rubble already before i start a frag tank? i actually cleaned out the 2.5 in anticipation of filling it up :P but my computer is having issues uploading stuff... i better not have that april fools virus :/

I gotta get some water first ;)

I called one guy that I knew who used to work at an lfs that had some corals but I think he moved after the lfs closed down :(

that sucks man. so wheres your next closest LFS?

Dude florida is much better than socal or well at least comparable. I can guarantee you can find some awesome deals around you. Look for local reef clubs in your area.

really? i havent found any really good LFS for coral... i went to one in fort myers today and it was pretty good, but just basic zoos nothing real special. i'll look for some local forums

April fools virus?

There is one lfs 20 minutes from here, but it is waaay over priced. Other than that one I'd probably have to go to Louisville or Cincy to get any good corals.

yah the conficker worm or w/e. the router sent me a message saying my sisters mac got some virus so now im kind of worried :/

but yah just come to FL and collect some stuff. i plan on reef diving this summer in the keys :D

yah the conficker worm or w/e. the router sent me a message saying my sisters mac got some virus so now im kind of worried :/

but yah just come to FL and collect some stuff. i plan on reef diving this summer in the keys :D

That would be awesome. Did you check that site to see if you have conficker? Her mac got a virus? A mac?

hahaha thats what i said. i was like WHAT? you effing with me router? but i checked that site, im safe :D

foreal you fly down to FL and i'll get the spots. we can raid sea lifes LR farm :lol: jk :D

Are you experiencing any algae yet?

yup ive got diatoms and some GHA. the CUC has made short work of the GHA but the diatoms are still all over the sand. ive got a big CUC so it shouldnt be a problem ;)

-------

but anyway, im piecing stuff together for a 20L upgrade :D ive got the lights, heater, koralia, and ac50 fuge. i added acrylic supports for the 20" light yesterday, and painted the tank today. the lights are the 2x40 PC from my 10, and a 2x18 T5 i had laying around. eventually im gonna get a MH to replace the PC light B)

2my419z.jpg

x1yia9.jpg

5e5qus.jpg

guys, im in a pickle :( my mom is telling me that ive skyrocketed our energy bill with all my tanks (296W total in lights running 8-10 hours a day) and i need to take one down. i cant take down the 75 cause that'd be a huge project and really make my dad mad since its his baby in the living room, i'd hate to take my new reef down because its my first ever reef and it hasnt had time to blossom :P, and i'd hate to take down my 45P planted because its such a clean build and is just starting to grow in after a rescape. WHAT DO I DO?!?!

but then i cant afford frags :( and i already told my dad when i can sell frags and plants i'd split the profits with him.

and my mom wont let me get a real job lol.. she wants me to focus on school so all i can do is cater and ref soccer on the weekend.

Choices, choices, choices. Sounds like you'll have to make a deal with Mom, or maybe work off some of the energy bill? Any hard labor or yardwork to do around the house?

well we live in the middle of nowhere so we dont prune our trees or have a garden persay, but theres 6 acres of grass thats gonna need to be mowed next time it rains :D

i agreed to take down my 3 grow/qt tanks, cut down my lighting period, and take a light off the 75 so my mom bought me a bag of sand so i could upgrade my 10gal :) guess what im doing tomorrow :lol:

2628tnn.jpg

lacassiere101

cool tank, hopefully you dont have to upgrade lighting for your 20L. But foo im in cincy where are you in KY, just wondering, dont really know anyone on here from the tri-state

cool tank, hopefully you dont have to upgrade lighting for your 20L. But foo im in cincy where are you in KY, just wondering, dont really know anyone on here from the tri-state

lexington. maybe I can buy some frags off of you sometime?

sorry for being off topic, Chase

Oh, and he said that he already had the lighting that he needed.

Cute doggie - any clearer pic hehehe

And new tank setup - fun :happydance:

haha i'll see if he'll sit still for me tomorrow. its a runt :D

That's how it's done!

funny dog too!

straight up!!

yup ive got 80W of PC and 36W of t5

lexington. maybe I can buy some frags off of you sometime?

sorry for being off topic, Chase

Oh, and he said that he already had the lighting that he needed.

no problem ;)

-----

mixing saltwater is fun :naughtydance:

did you get a 20 lb bag? Do we get pics tomorrow?

a 20 long is going to be an awesome set up.

oh, something random- it's snowing.

yep i got a 20lb to add to my 10lbs. pics tomorrow fasho! i saved some time by mixing the water tonight. i hope my hydrometer was as accurate as it was at the LFS. i was getting the same readings as their refractometer. i think im gonna do an island type scape, of course conforming to the Golden Rule ;) and its pretty cold here too, like 52 right now :P no snow though....

stuff in buckets..

b9brib.jpg

filling up tank..

4qk6sj.jpg

stuff in tank!

fjj6fb.jpg

ooh yeah, we figured out a faulty water heater was causing a $200 hike in our electric bill, and the tanks are only costing $25-$30 soo its all good :)

Archived