Innovative Marine Aquariums

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont break it down dave reefers try for years to get colonies that size. Just frag them to manageable sizes sell the frags and buy some more paintball equipment ;)

Hype, haha! I played professional paintball, no need for paintball gear. ;)

I am thinking of taking some pieces out so others can entirely grow. I do have a small cube that just got stocked up. A good friend has some KILLER pieces and had the greenest acro I have ever seen. I'll snap some photo's here soon.

Hmmm, so what to take out?

-Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Whew, life has been insane. Tanks are doing great. I have pictures to edit but wont have time for a couple of weeks because....

I am getting married tomorrow! Wish me luck and I will be back NR. Life will be back to normal soon!

-D

Whew, life has been insane. Tanks are doing great. I have pictures to edit but wont have time for a couple of weeks because....

I am getting married tomorrow! Wish me luck and I will be back NR. Life will be back to normal soon!

-D

Congratulations the tanks doing well! Is there still time left to talk you out of getting married? Don't ruin your life!!!!

Seriously, congrats on getting married, best thing I ever did! :)

-D

Congrats Bud!!

I was wondering if it was this weekend. I know A LOT of time and energy has gone into planning it so make sure to enjoy every second of it. Best advice I can give you is to take a few moments throughout the day to sit back and enjoy it and only concern yourself with you and your wife's happiness and whether you're having a good time. People will always find something to complain about ;)

Congrats!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what happens when you get married, slaving over a full time job and build LED units? This....

8469483434_dc27050b2a_c.jpg

Months with no H20 change, no carbon, no anything really. I really let the tank go and I am officially putting my tank on "THE BIGGEST LOSER". I am now taking the stand to get this tank back to what it was, a TOTM tank! Last night was week one and man was it a hard one. Pulling out gunk, crap and bryopsis to last anyone a life time. I dont think I will have the tank back to 100% until 1-2 months down the road but I have some killer plans for it.

• New Nano Box unit. White unit, wood end caps and custom driver assembly to mimic a natural reef. From true moon cycles, high noon, ect. I will post the progress.
  • New display tank. I am going with a custom Pico Aquariums tank. Same dimensions as the current tank, just rimless and a looker. Super STOKED about this.
  • New New Reef sump.
  • Bubble Magus stand alone dosing pump

Overall, I need Nano-Reef's help. Keep me motivated and pester me for updates. I want this to be a fun thread like it was. I will post a new pictures a week ( thanks Rehype ), updates on the new LED unit and units I am building and most of all documentation of the progress on getting it back to TOTM material! I plan on updating the tank twice a week. One with a fun photo and the other with a FTS.

Week One's Weigh In :

8469464230_286b89cde8_c.jpg

After the fat shed :

8469481226_5a74317900_c.jpg

I moved the Vortechs to one side to create a gyr flow. I also knocked down my Blue Tip acro in the middle. I have now wedged it down below but shows you how MASSIVE it really is. The Setosa is literally an 1" thick now. Instead of growing branches or plating it grows in mass. It is insane.

Thanks for the support NR.

-Dave

• Like 2

Archived