ReefCleaners.org

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

I am trying to add the HD video to vimeo but it is taking forever.

Here is my first time filming with the NEX-5N. I still have a TON to learn. It is a blast making movies!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you put that on Vimeo, YT was blocking it due to EMi copyright.

Awesome tank, love the DOF you shot.

It is my birthday tomorrow ... and a little bird tells me that there is a NEX 5N waiting for me =0)

Thanks mp.

I'll see if I have time to grab a couple photo's as well. For now I'm slaving away in the LED shop.

-Dave

DaveFason

New website will be launching VERY soon. I started a new blog to keep people up to date with current builds and happenings around Nano Box. Follow us!

http://nanoboxreef.tumblr.com/

I'll have a new video of the small Do!Aqua tank set up. This little guy is bare bottom, Nano Box LED, Gnome Glass skimmer and Vortech. I'll be adding some cool inverts and a few other top secret stuff. Stay tuned!

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

So what have I been doing? Finishing up my design for the LED world. I have put so many man hours into Nano Box and it has finally paid off. Here is a sneak peak into the first "prototypes" of the new units. The only thing that will be changed is the logo being laser engraved on the top.

Built in USB controller. 13/26 LED set up. Built in diffuser. One plug. True Lunar cycles. These guys look UNREAL over tanks.

7227341856_3f83d69aa1_z.jpg

7227342178_965b4423ce_z.jpg

The biggest feat, getting everything crammed into the same small package. The unit is still 12"x4"x1.25". With one external power supply.

Expect nice photo's tomorrow.

-Dave

New website will be launching VERY soon. I started a new blog to keep people up to date with current builds and happenings around Nano Box. Follow us!

http://nanoboxreef.tumblr.com/

I'll have a new video of the small Do!Aqua tank set up. This little guy is bare bottom, Nano Box LED, Gnome Glass skimmer and Vortech. I'll be adding some cool inverts and a few other top secret stuff. Stay tuned!

-Dave

Dude! That was sweet. Great blog Dave. I live pretty close to red rocks in Boulder,CO I have to say it is one of the best places to see live music. I can't wait to see what you will bring to reef stock next year. Keep up the inspiration - cheers

A small teaser. It is hard to tell how much everything has grown. The stag in the front is growing all over, the large blue tip acro is out of the water, the clam is over 6", undata is the size of a small dinner plate, birdnest is completely around the Vortech, digi is growing on the back wall, red planet kills the Setosa daily but both are MASSIVE.

What you dont see is in the back there is a mini colony of pink lemonade, 50+ polyps of Tubs blues, pink polyp cap colony and a few other goodies.

I should have the movie edited by tonight ( I hope ).

6969759846_668b3f0229_c.jpg

-Dave

Do you dose Alk, Cal, Mag or anything else?

Beautiful set up!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys! I missed all of these reply's. I do not does anything now ( part of being to busy ).

I am considering breaking this tank down and putting up a rimless 25g in its place. The current tank is lovely BUT zero room for anything to grow, things are shading out and stuff is out of the water. Believe me, I LOVE THIS TANK. But push comes to shove on this. Still undecided but we will see.

Side note I have been inspired from custom watch and knife makers as of late. I have a good amount of spare metal and thinking of starting a true LE line of Nano Box. Mosaic pins, custom sides, custom engraving and a few other things. This would be ONLY for small tanks ( 1-18g ) but be a truly customized unit. This could just be me dreaming but maybe I will try something in the next few months.

Let me know what you guys think about the tank.

-Dave

IF I break it down. I'll get it all cleaned up for a new shoot session. It hard to express how much I love this tank. Easy, fun, grown in, creatures everywhere...

-D

Archived