SaltCritters.com

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J - Let me know.

Thanks so much Nano-Reef members! I really love building LED units for you guys and hope to keep pushing the LED technology to its limits. Maybe I could make a avatar saying " I voted" with NBR logo in the background.

-Dave

i need to take to you soon dave. i think im gonna go with your system for my tank :D

Do it!! I did!! ;)

Voted for you again in round 3! Looks like you're 100 votes ahead as of this morning!

Hey Dave,

I'm new to reefing and have been planning my tank for awhile now. Your tank is one of several here on NR which have given me inspiration throughout the research/planning phases -- it's truly a work of art! I am placing the order for my tank soon and am going to go with very similar dimensions to yours: 30" x 18" x 14". Just a couple quick questions as I am modeling my system very closely to yours (i.e. tank size, single overflow, lighting, sump):

1.) How happy are you with the overall dimensions of your tank? Is there anything you'd change if given the chance to do it all over again?

2.) Just curious if there was any particular reason you built a corner overflow as opposed to a central overflow or false back?

3.) What style overflow do you use (i.e. Durso, Herbie, etc.) and what diameter are your standpipes/return lines? There's a ton of information on RC regarding plumbing larger tanks, but nothing specific to smaller tanks which use sumps.

Sorry if you answered any of this in your thread, I couldn't make it through all 84 pages :o

I greatly appreciate your advice! I am preparing my bank account for my next major purchase -- LIGHTING -- and am highly considering the Nanobox. Great work!

Hey Dave,

I'm new to reefing and have been planning my tank for awhile now. Your tank is one of several here on NR which have given me inspiration throughout the research/planning phases -- it's truly a work of art! I am placing the order for my tank soon and am going to go with very similar dimensions to yours: 30" x 18" x 14". Just a couple quick questions as I am modeling my system very closely to yours (i.e. tank size, single overflow, lighting, sump):

1.) How happy are you with the overall dimensions of your tank? Is there anything you'd change if given the chance to do it all over again?

2.) Just curious if there was any particular reason you built a corner overflow as opposed to a central overflow or false back?

3.) What style overflow do you use (i.e. Durso, Herbie, etc.) and what diameter are your standpipes/return lines? There's a ton of information on RC regarding plumbing larger tanks, but nothing specific to smaller tanks which use sumps.

Sorry if you answered any of this in your thread, I couldn't make it through all 84 pages :o

I greatly appreciate your advice! I am preparing my bank account for my next major purchase -- LIGHTING -- and am highly considering the Nanobox. Great work!

First thanks and I am happy that this tank has inspired you to start one like it.

1. I love the dimensions for a nano sized tank. It gives an illusion that it is larger than it is. Rock work is very versatile as well with these dimensions. Could not be happier.

2. Personally I hate center overflows. They take away from the look of the tank. Having to stack rock around the center makes it hard to aquascape. Other reasons are flow patterns. Having something in the center breaks up the gyre flow patterns I like to use.

3. 1" Overflow with a Eheim 1250 pump. I used a herbie style overflow as well. Super quite and very easy to build.

Let me know about the lights. I can tell you, you wont regret it!

-Dave

Final four guys! Need a little help going against Ecotech!

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/01/06/final-c...hting-showdown/

-Dave

Keep it up guys! This is crazy! Exotech and Nano box have had the most amount of votes in every bracket.

Thanks again Nano Reef!

-Dave

Some pretty exciting stuff.

Schoal of six orange lined cardinals in. Four more sexy's and a Pom Pom crab. My pocci/cat paws spawned and I have a few baby survivors that are growing well. Sexy's are spawning as well! Love is in the tank ;)

Pictures this weekend. Hope to have a couple new lens for the camera too.

-Dave

Archived