Coral Vue Hydros

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooge = extra-ginormous..

I swear, last picture I saw everything was about 1/8th the size of what it looks like now. Thats incredible!

How do you achieve such success?

haha! LED's, good filtration, two Vortechs and some damn good luck ;)

I really cant ask for more. I have been planning my new tank for when I move. This is still way out but I am wanting to get certain things made first before prices go up ( Acrylic, PVC, ect. ). I am panning on a 6'x2'x1.5'. Still two years out!

-Dave

haha! LED's, good filtration, two Vortechs and some damn good luck ;)

I really cant ask for more. I have been planning my new tank for when I move. This is still way out but I am wanting to get certain things made first before prices go up ( Acrylic, PVC, ect. ). I am panning on a 6'x2'x1.5'. Still two years out!

-Dave

I think you need to rub my tank or something. In the past year my corals have hardly grown at all. :mellow:

Be doubley sure you want a tank that large. Triple sure can't hurt. I'm starting to feel nostalgic about the good old days when I had a small tank... and I hear that that's not an uncommon feeling.

Yea. Your not the only one who has said that. I've also thought about putting together a ultra modern multi nano tank set up. Something you would see in a fancy art show. From planted to SW. The SW tanks being tied in together on a really wild filtration design. Doing something others have not done, possibly nano biotopes.

12x12x24" jawfish tank

10x10x10 Single Stag.Acro with acro crab and mini dart gobys

12" cube FW planted tank

14x14x6 look down clam/ seagrass

12x12x8 DSB Mangrove vivarium wth Cardinal/urchin

18x12x10 Rocky bottom with white cap goby/ yasha shrimp pair

14x10x8 Shallow rocky bottom maxi mini / sexy shrimp biotope

10" cube macro tank with small pipefish

10" NPS Dendro/Rhizo tank

Lordy my list goes on and on... oh and of course all lit by Nano Box units ;)

-Dave

Yea, you would be really surprised on the little amount that goes into my current tank. With me being so busy, I may do a water change every four weeks. I have little to no algae on the acrylic front or sides. My skimmer is cleaned once every two weeks? Change the carbon out 3-4 weeks and feed a few times everyday. A bunch of small tanks would be cake for me!

Yea, you would be really surprised on the little amount that goes into my current tank. With me being so busy, I may do a water change every four weeks. I have little to no algae on the acrylic front or sides. My skimmer is cleaned once every two weeks? Change the carbon out 3-4 weeks and feed a few times everyday. A bunch of small tanks would be cake for me!

That's all you do and you're growth looks like it does?

-_- ih8u.

I must need more light or something..

animalmaster6
Yea. Your not the only one who has said that. I've also thought about putting together a ultra modern multi nano tank set up. Something you would see in a fancy art show. From planted to SW. The SW tanks being tied in together on a really wild filtration design. Doing something others have not done, possibly nano biotopes.

12x12x24" jawfish tank

10x10x10 Single Stag.Acro with acro crab and mini dart gobys

12" cube FW planted tank

14x14x6 look down clam/ seagrass

12x12x8 DSB Mangrove vivarium wth Cardinal/urchin

18x12x10 Rocky bottom with white cap goby/ yasha shrimp pair

14x10x8 Shallow rocky bottom maxi mini / sexy shrimp biotope

10" cube macro tank with small pipefish

10" NPS Dendro/Rhizo tank

Lordy my list goes on and on... oh and of course all lit by Nano Box units ;)

-Dave

Jeez, that's everything you could want!

I want pics of all of them :lol:

• 1 month later...

Pics or it didn't happen. I always threw chunks away when I started running into that problem but you've got some rather nice pieces that it would be a shame to chuck! I disagree about upgrading. Frag the coral and sell them, seed another tank or pitch them... but there is no substitute for a mature, grown in tank. There are precious few in the hobby.

I'll try and snag some photos tonight. Don't worry this tank is going to be set up until I move from my condo. Remember my TOTM, five years is my goal.

Tossing the idea to buy a 25cm cube and throw in a anemone or two and stack it with tons of shrimp. Or a single large acro with acro crab pairs. :)

-Dave

Pics or it didn't happen. I always threw chunks away when I started running into that problem but you've got some rather nice pieces that it would be a shame to chuck! I disagree about upgrading. Frag the coral and sell them, seed another tank or pitch them... but there is no substitute for a mature, grown in tank. There are precious few in the hobby.

+1 on the bigger tank.

I'm already at that point where I need to upgrade. I'm at the point where I have corals in my sump simply because I'm out of room. Though I'm in the works for a new rimless nano. An Amano style reef tank but I hope it will turn out that anyway.

Flat Tops

6449897567_39d41dd383.jpg

FTS

6449896473_9d7c477d22_z.jpg

The Setosa has grown even more but the Red Planet keeps killing it as well. Making it look almost the same. Everything is getting giant. Behind some of the other stuff there are 40-50 Tubs Blue zoas, Pink Lemonade, Digi that is growing on the overflow. Give this a year and I cant wait to see it! :D

Enjoy!

-Dave

Awesome growth Dave! Nothing like a full grown tank, like Aaron said, there really aren't enough of them. I'm hoping I can find a local job, so I won't have to move mine again!

I saw one of your fixtures in Aquarium Center today. Nice work! It was cool to actually see one in person. Are you selling them at PF&R as well?

To be honest I have never been there. I've known the guys at AC for a while now. Hopefully people will start picking them up locally :)

-Dave

To be honest I have never been there. I've known the guys at AC for a while now. Hopefully people will start picking them up locally :)

-Dave

You should really check them out. Its only about 20 min from GSO and they have waaay better livestock and corals. No offense to ur buddies at AC..lol. You should also check out Dexter at Triad Reef Critters. He just started selling lighting as well. He is out on the edge of Oak Ridge and Kernersville. He actually used to own AC back in the day.

Archived