Top Shelf Aquatics

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and I picked up the glass for the seagrass/mangrove tank and arcylic for the new sump. The sump is going to have a blue euro brace :D My sump area should look REALLY cool once I'm finished with it.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. My beach trip to the Outer Banks was amazing. I couple of days the water was clear as ever and seagrass was every where. I was able to catch a few tiny Tilefish, shrimpfish and a couple pipefish. Nothing was hurt in action :)

Everything seemed fine in the tank until I arrived home. I walked in a noticed a white calcium deposit all over the acrylic and COVERED in the sump. The water was clear and corals were ok. It ended up being an overdose of ALK from my dosers and instead of a crash it caused a calcium over drive. My calcium dropped to 210 and ALK stayed a steady 9. Thank god! So far I have done a few larger H20 changes and things are starting to look better.

I am thinking of re-doing my current tank to a glass and PVC bottom rimless tank. I've got the quotes and just need to sell a few corals to do it. The Bookshelf is coming along but due limited funds I've had to wheel and deal some stuff. I hope to pick up two MP10's tomorrow and start on my new sump this weekend.

Anyways here's a few shots of the glass I ordered for my seagrass tank.

Flat Polish Starphire

IMG_5255.jpg

Lily Pipe

IMG_5253.jpg

Ryujin Babies

IMG_5258.jpg

Enjoy!

-Dave

Damn am speachless at how amazing your tank is dave trully amazing! I just spent the last 2 and half hrs at work going threw this thread ( boss was getting mad cuz i had nothing to do lol) am still in the prosses of starting my 20x20x12 tank i found on craigs for 140. Lol great deal if u ask me. I also just finished making my 10 gal fuge. Am just waiting for funds to get my light fixture and ill start putting it together. Keep up the great work and updates with pics... lots and lots of pics! Lol

Every body does ;) Yesterday was the 10th frag I have taken off of it. Imagine if it was never fragged....

-Dave

Looks fantastic Dave. So glad that the deal for the MP10s ended up falling in place for you.

I don't think I'll ever have a tank without a Setosa....the one that I have in my 20H is growing in a very similar pattern to yours. It started out smaller than my pinky nail, took FOREVER to encrust, but now is growing at a pretty good clip.

Can't wait for you to get all of your tanks up and running....it's going to be quite the "display" of reefing goodness ;)

Thanks Vic.

I am going to try and get a few more shots today and a better FTS. I also picked up a six line.

-Dave

Nip - good to see you on here. The cube is ALMOST complete. I have the MP10 and the tiny LED fixture for it. Just need to drill and plumb it to the sump. This will be a NPS tank and then the middle tank will be a seagrass/mangrove tank.

I am very close to having my controller completed and the fixtures are coming along. I have been really busy making custom fixtures for people on here and local.

Hows your tank doing?

-Dave

Nip - good to see you on here. The cube is ALMOST complete. I have the MP10 and the tiny LED fixture for it. Just need to drill and plumb it to the sump. This will be a NPS tank and then the middle tank will be a seagrass/mangrove tank.

I am very close to having my controller completed and the fixtures are coming along. I have been really busy making custom fixtures for people on here and local.

Hows your tank doing?

-Dave

Iono actually. I'm curious as to how my tank is doing myself. I haven't seen it in 2 weeks. Post picture of equipment progress please.

Im finishing up a new smaller led build, then Im moving onto these uvl t5ho or perhaps a hybrid system

Archived