Coral Vue Hydros

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

Thanks so much guys! We just finished the clouds and storm this morning while the CNC was going. I was not able to finish the uni-body yet but should be complete tomorrow morning.

If you guys have questions ask away! :)

-Dave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys. A ton of work has gone into this. I really hope people like it.

Hopefully I will have the new site and uni-body to show you guys too.

-Dave

Bitts - That would be something else!

Here is the first Nano Box uni-Body. I have three of these made now!

Top w/ Heatsink. A hole will be next to it blowing the fans air through the heatsink then vents through the top.

IMG_0218.jpg

Pocket for LED's and Fan.

IMG_0217.jpg

Small size

IMG_0219.jpg

Off to get anodized.

-Dave

I'm seriously sitting here, trying to figure out how to get one....

Most grocery stores carry organic fat free milk pismo...

:D

Simply amazing Dave. You've done an absolutely fantastic job....so glad this is all starting to fall into place for you. I know it's been a while in the making and I'm sure you'll be happy to get the first couple complete. I for one can't wait to get my hands on that little bad boy!!!

-Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have not updated the thread in some time. I will have the PAR tests after this weekend and will have some other cool stuff on the way. I will be putting two Nano Box Uni-bodies over this tank along with the Ryujin controller driving it. I have new LED's that have created an amazing look over the corals.

I've had the tank set up for a year and a half now and through the ups and downs I think I have my tank right where I want it. I will be adding Tyree 20K Lokinia, Carls Candlelight, Pink Lemonade, Strawberry table acro, Meteor shower to the tank after I remove the cap on the right. The cap is now 8-9" across and 4-5" deep. The growth has been insane the past few weeks with stable parameters, frequent feedings and killer skimming. I will be adding a MP10 to the right side and using it as a "wavemaker" too. Today I am adding 4 large Berghia nudi's to take out my aptasia. I'm really looking forward to see what these little guys can do.

With Nano-Reef forums getting so large I wanted to give a few tips for some of the new guys on there tanks. When I was first starting people like SunnyX, ianwane and a few others on RC helped me so much that I feel like I should spread the love.

• Dont over react! I feel that to many people freak out over small things. If a coral is looking bad or your temp is up .5 of a degree, dont over react! Let nature do it's thing, I swear it has worked 99% of the time for me.
  • Buy quality equipment. It will really go a long way in this hobby. From Tunze to Ecotech to LED fixtures to ATB HOB skimmers, there is something for every nano tank.
  • Simplicity. Keep the tank free of 1000 wires, this gizmo for that and my new $1000+ coral needs 500 watts of light. Light, flow, skimming and stability and your tank will look great.
  • Dont get wrapped into trends. I have to admit some of those corals do look amazing ( I have bought some too ) but give it some time and I promise you they will come down in price.
  • Keep it local. See what people around you have. There are some great people in this hobby that really would like to help new guys out. You will find the best deals locally and supporting your LFS can only help to the reefing community.

Here are some pictures I was able to snap today.

IMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5484.jpg

CRW_5469.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

-Dave

Archived