Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

Crackerballer

He said he was going to wait until today to test. I got there kind of late last night with the meter and then Dave was showing me all of the cool LED stuff as well as some other projects he is working on.

Let me just say I cannot wait to get my Ryujin light.

Also, this tank is a beast under those T5s. So much color and growth. Dave's 3 tank setup is going to be INSANNNNEEEEE/

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam - Like Cracker said it was getting a little late and I did not have time. I am going to run some tests on Sunday ( my only day off ) and post them up.

Josh - Thanks so much for coming. It was great meeting you. This PAR meter is going to good use soon :D

-Dave

Had some time to mess around with the PAR meter but I wont have everything done until tomorrow. Instead a snap a couple photo's.

Mummy Eye

IMG_5410.jpg

Three Amigos

IMG_5407.jpg

Big Poppa

IMG_5392.jpg

Enjoy!

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Cracker/Josh - I'm sorry man. I am waiting for a few new LED's to come in. I have not been as happy with the Cool White/RB combo and new trying things out. RC has had some great info on all of this too. I ordered a few Neutral White ( 180 Lumens per 350mA ) and Cyan ( A color that is missing in cool whites ). This will be mixed with Royal Blue's and Blue's and I am aiming for the T5 look. Blue +, Fiji Purple, AquaSpecial. Once I get this I will get the LED PAR numbers and compare with the T5's. :ninja:

Adam - I feel like Foxxcon!

Here's the first piece I CNC'd. I screwed up a couple of times but for a first timer it turned out great. This will be the uni-body fixture. Anodized matte black. The overall size will be 2.5x8.5x1. I have a couple others I am working on too. The wiring will be hidden with PET braided material that looks like a beast Chinese finger trap.

Top w/heatsink. The part that is not a heatsink was not finished but will have a hole for the fan. There will be a top with vents to hide the heatsink.

IMG_0195.jpg

The bottom where the LED's and optics will hide. Along with a place for a fan to go. This will also be covered with aluminum sheeting with holes for the LED's and fan. The fan will also have a fan guard.

IMG_0194.jpg

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have some new stuff :) Enjoy!

-Dave

P.S - Thanks again Josh for letting me use the PAR meter. I swear numbers will be here soon!

First video of the controller. I should be finished with my uni-body tomorrow. Cant wait to show you guys!

Part 1

Next video is the PC program that you can use to change the settings, boot screen and a few other things.

Enjoy!

-Dave

P.S - Sorry for the crummy quality, its from my point and shoot.

Here is the PC program. This way you can program your board, update firmware and change your home screen. I have no clue how to film and make it not flicker, sorry!

-Dave

Archived