Pod Your Reef

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

ORA Mandarin will be here tomorrow :)

Sweet dog on a stick....this is going to be awesome. Can't wait!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nip - How much smaller did you go with? Same concept as the last 18 unit just less LED's? I am experimenting with 10mm circle LED's along with all XP's to get the overall size smaller.

Adam - I really am excited about the little guy. I'm going to move him to the seagrass tank once I have it up along with a pair of blue lined pipefish.

Anaimal - $50

-Dave

Nip - How much smaller did you go with? Same concept as the last 18 unit just less LED's? I am experimenting with 10mm circle LED's along with all XP's to get the overall size smaller.

Adam - I really am excited about the little guy. I'm going to move him to the seagrass tank once I have it up along with a pair of blue lined pipefish.

Anaimal - $50

-Dave

about 12x3x1.25 for the all led. depending on what I can get away with for the t5ho, Im thinking about making my "hybrid" 16x6x1.25. 12 xp-g, 3x12in t5ho, 4 40mm fans, 1 plug w/ individual controls. boredom is the mother of all invention man. Its for a pvc-glass hybrid aio ive been thinking about. Minimalistic, nips style of course

Nip - Sounds great. I have been experimenting with 10mm circle XP's now and they help out a ton! The overall size is much smaller. I just ordered my white type 1 pvc for the seagrass tank. Check back in two weeks to see it.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Well I figured I would post a few pictures and even a video of the tank. :)

I've been slaving to make LED fixtures for people and took a small break to show off the tank. I picked a new fish too.....

SPS Forest

IMG_0087.jpg

Eye Spy

IMG_5289.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

FTS 7/17/10

IMG_5323.jpg

Video :

Hope you enjoy!

-Dave

Nick - Thanks man! I hope it turns out well for you.

Animal - Once things calm down some. I should have a new site running soon :)

-Dave

Update : The mandarin is looking better than ever and moving all over. The moment I put the Nuvamar Ova in, he attacks it!

-Dave

P.S - Go see Inception. Easily the best movie I have seen in YEARS

DB - Thanks. I really cant wait to see how the corals grow out. After removing the giant cap on the left it opened up so much space.

-Dave

.....LED's over this tank.......?

Given the growth and coloration you've gotten with the T5s, I'm not sure I'd change something that's working so well. Then again, it would be a great experiment to see what changes you experience between LEDs and the T5s. ;)

What bulb combo are you running again?

Given the growth and coloration you've gotten with the T5s, I'm not sure I'd change something that's working so well.

+1. From what ive seen your sps coloration and growth exceeds everything ive seen with leds. Not to knock leds but sps always seem to sing under T5's. They dont maintain the same coloration... well at least in my experience.

Tank looks incredible by the way...

Archived