Innovative Marine Aquariums

Daves Shallow SPS 35g

DaveFason

animalmaster6

:lol: at Adin

Awesome Curious Wormfish Dave! I love them, super rare though.

That's awesome on the NPS Build. You and Uhuru can trade NPS corals lol.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nemo Niblets

Are you worried about the chalices stinging eachother? They can be pretty mean.

Your setosa is INSANE dude.

adin - haha!

nemo - I thought about it but even with there feeders out they dont. So far so good and they are growing quick. Thanks the Setosa grows insanely fast. I've fragged it 7-8 times now.

animal - Uhuru is helping me out with dosing schedules and all. I have two syringe pumps on the way too. The tank will be 18x14x14.

-Dave

Sounds like your next place is going to be a zoo with all those tanks....in a good way that is :)

Congrats on finding your long sought after fish.

Adam - At least all the tanks will be small and on a nice looking stand. The equipment space is going to be CRAZY! Ozone, reactors, food reactors, syringe pumps, skimmers.

I'm really going for a modern look with the new stand/bookshelf. I really hope to set a new bar to the nano standards on all three.

Mini Darts are goners :( The other night I watched them explore a new spot ( The Eel's den ) and decided to go in the rock! Needless to say I think it was like the movie the Decent for those little guys. They were doing so well too! I think I may try them in the NPS tank. They will have food all day and a tank to themselves.

-Dave

Have you been working on the total setup at all, or just in the gathering equipment stage. (bookshelf set up, tanks in place etc.)

Because we need pictures of this please.

Deleted User 6

lol. you had those darts in the same tank as the eel? after what happened to your other goby?

m'akoy has a couple of those rainbow gobies - got them from a local vendor here in NY. I thought about talking to the guy to get one for my bottom tank instead of wanting an eel all the time.

Family Photo

IMG_4965-vi.jpg

Dave,

Love the new the FTS. I have to get me some of that war coral some time. Looks like your tank is really hitting a sweet spot with growth. Is that your undata on the sand that looks like it is growing upward?

The past couple of days have been ruff for the undata. Everything looks fine besides it. I'm sure it will bounce back but it just sucks for the time being. Its been growing nodules too.

Well I picked the Rainbow Goby/Curious Wormfish up! SO COOL! Its like a small Garden Eel. Enough with the talking and here are the photo's!

A Whole New World

IMG_5028-vi.jpg

IMG_5033-vi.jpg

IMG_5038-vi.jpg

IMG_5064-vi.jpg

IMG_5032-vi.jpg

-Dave

Sucks that the Undata is going through a rough patch...seems like all SPS go through their "phases" of contentment, growth, stagnation.

What a cool addition....any worries that the dwarf golden will make this one a snack as well?

I would hope not but who knows as I always take a chance I guess. I looked for it this morning but if its in the sandbed there no finding him!

I'll keep everyone updated :)

-Dave

• 4 weeks later...

The big move is tomorrow!

Update :)

This is the power supply I will be using. This is a Meanwell PS 24v 2.8A with a 5.1x2.2 jack. I cant tell you how hard it is to find power supplys like this! As you can see I am aiming this for people that still want to do a DIY fixture. To the left are terminals for your own power supply. To the right is the terminals for the LED's.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Once you turn this on the screen will appear to program the day timer. The left button is going down in numbers, the right for going up and the middle for conformation/enter.

So today is Friday

IMG_0011.jpg

It was 11

IMG_0012.jpg

Minute

IMG_0013.jpg

Tada!

IMG_0014.jpg

Now for the fun stuff. To enter the program you hold the middle button down for two seconds. This will boot the programming mode in. In the future you will be able to do this all through your PC and USB. For the time being this is to show you what it can do.

IMG_0015.jpg

Now the controller will have four buckpucks. I am working on a new driver that will control 12 LED's each and still be the same size. tIMG_0016.jpg

After this you will set the start time, end time, max brightness, dim minimum, dim maximum. Max brightness is how long you want the LED's on at your maximum brightness. The controller will do the rest for you. The dimming will be broken down into 255 units. 1 being the lowest and 255 being the highest. Setting them at 100% is crazy and they are almost to bright. Its really cool to watch the dimming throughout the day, coming on just slightly and then a few hours later seeing it BRIGHT!

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

Terminals for the LED's

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

And there you have it! Let there be LIGHT! For now I am working on the clouds, tstorms and a few other little things. On top of that having to get the PC program ready too. All in all this is very exciting for me and is really turning out great.

Hope you enjoy!

-Dave

Archived