inTank Media Baskets

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

I wish a fellow reefer had so nice frags :(

lol you just have to keep your eye out for some good corals. Or you can just go snorkeling and Im sure youll find some sweet stuff..

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea beef that cuc up a little bit and they should take care of the diatoms. What was the cause of them?

when the cyano died, it caused a nitrate spike. what do you reccomend for a CUC?

haha yeah! :D

Dude your frag tank is sick man those zoas colonies are sweet.

when the cyano died, it caused a nitrate spike. what do you reccomend for a CUC?

I would do a mixture of snail and hermits. I really like nassaerius and nerites. You may want to add some astreas and some blue leg hermits. They should get the job done.

For sure glad to see them going away. Mine are pretty much gone as well and Ill be adding a mushroom this weekend to see if the tank can handle coral yet. Im sure it will its been well over a month and its been very fun :D

Pics up this weekend as well

Didnt pick up anything today, nothing good at the LFS and I dont really want to take anything from the other tanks. IDK why but with my logic Im using the same water and maintenance routine with all my tanks. They all use pretty much the same equipment so I wanted to get a frag from a completely different system to see how it would do in the tank. I am probably over analyzing but its what is in my head. Ill go to the other LFS tomorrow.

Actually got back from the LFS about 45 minutes ago, I did a water change and changed the filter floss. And cleaned up a little bit. Well the 4 LFS didnt have any frags that I liked so instead I picked up 2 scarlet hermits. Anyway Ill keep my eyes open for a frag within the next few days. Good news diatoms are mainly gone.

Heres the pics:

New hermits

IMG_2323.jpg

Nassarius snails out while I was cleaning

IMG_2324.jpg

Todays FTS-

IMG_2327.jpg

Yep they are little babies, I have some huge ones in the 20. These hermits are pretty big and Im not a huge fan but I thought they would be good for stirring up the sand. They may be moving to my gf's 10 gal if I dont like them.

Sorry to hear that, hermits have always been aggressive in my tank and thats why I dont keep them and I wouldnt mix species either.

Archived