Coral Vue Hydros

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

oh I read this article bought a neon disease that they carry sometimes that could wipe out a whole school. I worried about that when I had a few neons but nothing happened and they all lived all the time I had them until I took down the freshwater tank. Do you add salt to your freshwater?

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank Marvin, Im stoked about those frags. Im waiting for all it to stable out a little more but my bday is early march so thats gonna be a sweet present.

oh I read this article bought a neon disease that they carry sometimes that could wipe out a whole school. I worried about that when I had a few neons but nothing happened and they all lived all the time I had them until I took down the freshwater tank. Do you add salt to your freshwater?

Neons are very susceptible to disease, and I do not add salt to the FW tank.

i had a FW tank, but i gave up on it. i got it when i was 7 :P

i finally got my cyano gone and mean clown!!! but the dead cyano caused a nitrate spike and diatoms came back... oh well

I was just looking at your pics in your thread, looks good. I hate diatoms but hopefully mine will be gone by early next week. Ill do a small water change tomorrow then a large one on monday after class.

Dont know that much about acans

but Duncans look like this

http://www.vividaquariums.com/video/whisker.htm

they will do excellent under your lighting

I love mine

Thanks for the link, Ill look into them.

When are u stocking it???

I have a partial CUC in there now but I prob wont have corals in the tank until early march so not too much longer. I'm enrolled in 21 units right now so 6 classes keeps me busy and really patient with the tank lol.

I have some duncan in my 29 and i love them. Feeding them is also good to do and they grow faster if they get fed. You will like duncans if you get them

Not much been going on lately, I have a diatom bloom so I added to the cuc. I put in 4 nano conchs, 2 nassarius and 5-6 nerites. They are knocking down the bloom as we speak. I took a few pics as well:

FTS

IMG_2310.jpg

Morning View

IMG_2315.jpg

Just for fun today was cleaning day, one of my prego RCS

IMG_2321.jpg

i really need a CUC... my diatoms are going away though...

Yea the cuc should have been the first purchase in the tank.

Nice first frags :o

Thank lol

I have kept alot of coral over the years and Im going to put my favorites in here, mostly zoas, palys and a few ricordeas.

Archived