Pod Your Reef

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

Exactly, when I first started out that's what I had in my tank and all the cheapo corals. Well fast forward 5 years later and my plan/goal is to save up for the nicer looking more expensive corals. That's where the patience comes in. Just send vivid an email on some prices. Thanks for the tip man.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly, when I first started out that's what I had in my tank and all the cheapo corals. Well fast forward 5 years later and my plan/goal is to save up for the nicer looking more expensive corals. That's where the patience comes in. Just send vivid an email on some prices. Thanks for the tip man.

don't rely on their email for price reference, they will most likely refer you to their online pricing. go check the place out. apparently the display tank is worth the trip alone, so you won't be out too much if you're dissapointed in the pricing.

el fabuloso

The LFS guy in San Luis Obispo tipped me off about Vivid but I didn't get to the San Fernando Valley until late at night. But looking at their site it looks like they've got some awesome stuff so it may well be worth another road trip to check it out. :happy:

Like Ryan said, it's really important to be patient when stocking your tank especially with a pico. When I want a specific coral in my tank, the hunt is on! I try not to settle for ugly brown frags or odd pieces that don't look right in my tank. Even if that means going all the way to Cali to look for it. :lol:

Yea thankyou guys very much, I will definitely be going there to get some stuff. They are the only place around that has green banded gobies so I'm game for them. I really want to have a tank full of sweet zoas and palys. No browns or dull common colors. I want this tank to pop and I'm really willing to make the extra effort to find and pay for those corals. Thanks again for the advice and motivation guys.

don't rely on their email for price reference, they will most likely refer you to their online pricing. go check the place out. apparently the display tank is worth the trip alone, so you won't be out too much if you're dissapointed in the pricing.

The email the guy replied back said the pricing was the same online as in store so Im going to make my way down there as soon as I can to see if hes right. I think its a little too early to add the green banded goby and some sexies so I might as well wait until I can put them in.

The email the guy replied back said the pricing was the same online as in store so Im going to make my way down there as soon as I can to see if hes right. I think its a little too early to add the green banded goby and some sexies so I might as well wait until I can put them in.

i've had two regular customers of my store, both of whom have ordered from vivid online, say that the prices in store were almost 50% cheaper. the store itself is in a warehouse bay and not an actual strip mall, so that tells me that they are making a killing off online sales and want to keep it that way.

hehe ive had my neon tetras for like 6+ months :] working out great for me..

sorry for the late now off topic post =p

i've had two regular customers of my store, both of whom have ordered from vivid online, say that the prices in store were almost 50% cheaper. the store itself is in a warehouse bay and not an actual strip mall, so that tells me that they are making a killing off online sales and want to keep it that way.

He's gotta be making a ton of money online his stuff is good and some of the prices are decent. I was watching the videos on his website and the stoor looks really nice and clean. I'll let you know how the prices are when I head down there.

hehe ive had my neon tetras for like 6+ months :] working out great for me..

sorry for the late now off topic post =p

No worries good to hear your tetras are doing good. I replied to that pm if I didn't answer all the questions pm me back.

Picking up my frags tonight from a local reefer, finally gonna get this thing packed. I will also be receiving a package tomorrow and I'm stoked about that too. I'm picking up some blue eyed girls and some cats eyes, finally today is the long awaited day. Pics up tonight.

Gerber your tank looks great. I just started a 10 gallon for my son on 1-14 this year. We have that same T5 light fixture.

I was just at Vivid this past weekend. Picked up a green banded goby for the 10. It was their last one. The coral is amazing there. You won't be disappointed. They were stocked to the rim with amazing things!

You definitely should check out the place.

Picking up my frags tonight from a local reefer, finally gonna get this thing packed. I will also be receiving a package tomorrow and I'm stoked about that too. I'm picking up some blue eyed girls and some cats eyes, finally today is the long awaited day. Pics up tonight.

All right man! Can't wait to see!

I can't wait to get my nova extreme! How is yours working out?

If you still want to do some Xenia I can frag you some, no problem. I also think you should definitely do an Acan or two in here! I got my first Acan yesterday and the are sweet!!

Thank you. Arent GBG's awesome fish? I will definitely make my way up there soon. Did they say they will order more gobies?

All right man! Can't wait to see!

I can't wait to get my nova extreme! How is yours working out?

If you still want to do some Xenia I can frag you some, no problem. I also think you should definitely do an Acan or two in here! I got my first Acan yesterday and the are sweet!!

Thanks man, the nova is great. By far my fav light fixture so far. I saw your acan and blastos they are great. I am still thinking of some acans for me and Ill keep you in mind about the xenia.

Thank you. Arent GBG's awesome fish? I will definitely make my way up there soon. Did they say they will order more gobies?

yes! he's awesome. my son named him scooter :) I didn't ask so not sure...but everytime I've been there they've had them in stock. Oh, also picked up 3 sexies. looks like we have similar stocking plans :)

We have very similar stocking plans, Vivid is where Ill be going and getting the sexies and goby. Ill let the assortment of frags Ill be getting this week settle then I will head up there.

calebkdesign
We have very similar stocking plans, Vivid is where Ill be going and getting the sexies and goby. Ill let the assortment of frags Ill be getting this week settle then I will head up there.

How have your water lvls looked?

I'm going to start my 5.5 this weekend,

cant waitttt

el fabuloso

Definitely share with us your experience at Vivid.

I top off every morning so they stay fairly consistent throughout the day and they evaporate a little over night because the heater is on. Im currently building the same ATO that El fabuloso made.

Definitely share with us your experience at Vivid.

I will do Ill have tons of pictures, Ill even ask him if I can take pics of inside the store.

calebkdesign
I top off every morning so they stay fairly consistent throughout the day and they evaporate a little over night because the heater is on. Im currently building the same ATO that El fabuloso made.

I will do Ill have tons of pictures, Ill even ask him if I can take pics of inside the store.

i see,

What kind of water do you top-off with?

FW RO?

I either want to go for your setup with the filter, or the built in fuge.

not sure yet, your threads been awesome inspiration though!

Thanks for the detailed posts!

i see,

What kind of water do you top-off with?

FW RO?

I either want to go for your setup with the filter, or the built in fuge.

not sure yet, your threads been awesome inspiration though!

Thanks for the detailed posts!

Yea I top off with RO water from Ralphs, I think its their generic brand. Converting the Aquaclear into a fuge is a good idea thats what I did on my 20 Long. But either way its a good source of filtration. I suggest adding chemipure elite it keeps the water crystal clear. Thank you very much and good luck with your tank. If you have any questions please lmk.

Off to get some frags, Im so stoked. Ill get some pics up when Im home and the frags are settled. Talk to you all soon.

So the frags have not opened yet but they look awesome. Heres some pics, i cant wait til they grow in.

Cats Eyes

IMG_2336.jpg

Blue Eyed Girls

IMG_2338.jpg

I believe nano conch eggs

IMG_2334.jpg

Recent FTS

IMG_2339.jpg

Better pics when they open tomorrow.

I received my package from Marvin a couple hours ago and I cant believe how good everything looks. I received Nuclear Greens, OPE, RPE, GPE, Blues, Mohawks and AOG's. Not everything has opened completely but the coral still pops. The nukes are insane! Heres some teaser pics, more when everything opens.

Nuclear Greens

IMG_2348.jpg

Mohawks

IMG_2347.jpg

AOG

IMG_2349.jpg

Archived