SaltCritters.com

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

Great start! That light looks really good.

Can't wait to see the tank stocked.

Thank you I cant wait either.

Why don't you put your heater on the HOB filter?

I have tried and the heater is too long. I have a little overflow made for the tank but I really dont want to take everything out and hassle with it. When I move the tank to school in august Ill put it on.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I put together a before and after shot of the tank, it has been setup for 1 month.

Jan 31, 2009

IMG_2223.jpg

Mar 1, 2009

IMG_2327.jpg

i really cant wait for livestock!! i think you will eventually beat el fabuilso or however you spell his name

el fabuloso

Hey! There's no need to hate. :angry:

Personally I'm not a fan of Tonga branches (they remind me of chicken feet) but this tank is looking good and I can't wait to see it come together. :happy:

What's the plan? You probably mentioned it already but I skimmed through this thread and didn't catch it.

i really cant wait for livestock!! i think you will eventually beat el fabuilso or however you spell his name

Thanks but El Fabs tank was one of my inspirations for doing this tank, so hell always get props from me, his tank is dope.

Personally I'm not a fan of Tonga branches (they remind me of chicken feet) but this tank is looking good and I can't wait to see it come together. :happy:

What's the plan? You probably mentioned it already but I skimmed through this thread and didn't catch it.

Lol Ill never catch up to your tank fab, it looks awesome. I cant wait to see the new additions you picked up.

My plan:

Fish option A- pair of green banded gobies

option B- 1 green banded goby and 1 neon blue goby

Coral all zoas and palys, possibly a few ricordea down the line

Inverts planning on 3 sexy shrimp in the summer

reefman225gal
So I put together a before and after shot of the tank, it has been setup for 1 month.

Jan 31, 2009

IMG_2223.jpg

Mar 1, 2009

IMG_2327.jpg

Wow Gerber!! The Cuc really did their job, looking good man. Now lets get that thing stocked!!! :)

hey man, i didnt mean yo insult you, :mellow: and if i did im sorry -_-

am i forgiven? :happy:

Thank you. The cuc are good little workers and I am just as anxious to stock this bad boy as you are :lol:

el fabuloso
Lol Ill never catch up to your tank fab, it looks awesome. I cant wait to see the new additions you picked up.

My plan:

Fish option A- pair of green banded gobies

option B- 1 green banded goby and 1 neon blue goby

Coral all zoas and palys, possibly a few ricordea down the line

Inverts planning on 3 sexy shrimp in the summer

I'm sure your tank will look great! Zoas, palys and rics will make a good mix along with some LPS. Can't wait to have you in the sexy club. B)

hey man, i didnt mean yo insult you, :mellow: and if i did im sorry -_-

am i forgiven? :happy:

Insulted? You so don't know me. :rolleyes:

I'm sure your tank will look great! Zoas, palys and rics will make a good mix along with some LPS. Can't wait to have you in the sexy club. B)

Insulted? You so don't know me. :rolleyes:

obviously i dont. but your sexy pico is sexy

Thanks fab, I was thinking about putting some nice acans on the sandbed that would look pretty dope.

Wow... tank is looking really good. B)

Thank you :)

love the FTS!

sorry gerber, but i thiunk its impossilbe to beat el fabs pico. :lol:

i also love the 9g too!

Thank you and El fabs tank is sweet, hopefully I can get somewhat close to his status.

Needreefunds

Looks like you put together a hard working CUC Randy!

Sux now that you are ready you can't find frags you like.

That shelf bow is a bit troubling though, any way you can shore that up some?

I also used a bookshelf for my 5.5 but I added a solid pine board to the top and set the tank on that, putting more of the weight on the ends, you know?

I know it may be tough to do at this point, but just a thought.

el fabuloso
sorry gerber, but i thiunk its impossilbe to beat el fabs pico. :lol:

Thank you and El fabs tank is sweet, hopefully I can get somewhat close to his status.

You guys are funny! Honestly there is nothing special about my tank. I throw random stuff in it and stuff just grow. :unsure:

Looks like you put together a hard working CUC Randy!

Sux now that you are ready you can't find frags you like.

That shelf bow is a bit troubling though, any way you can shore that up some?

I also used a bookshelf for my 5.5 but I added a solid pine board to the top and set the tank on that, putting more of the weight on the ends, you know?

I know it may be tough to do at this point, but just a thought.

Yea the cuc is working out really well, the bow does look bad in that picture but it honestly doesnt look like that in person. The shelf is level but I did add a center brace this afternoon just to be safe

You guys are funny! Honestly there is nothing special about my tank. I throw random stuff in it and stuff just grow. :unsure:

I hope I can just put stuff in and it grows for me too.

Cant wait to see how this one turns out with livestock in it

Thank man Im stoked for it too, well no lfs today had anything I liked but one about 10 miles aways gets shipment of frags wednesday morning.

if you want some awesome frags, look up vivid aquariums. the actual store has all the same frags as the website at almost 1/2 the price, so i've been told by a few of my customers that visited them while on vacation out there. tank would look good with some crazy favias and acans encrusting all that tonga branch!

The favias and the acan idea would look very sweet. I will check into vivid they are fairly close to my school. Some of their prices are high on the website so hopefully it's a little better in store.

The favias and the acan idea would look very sweet. I will check into vivid they are fairly close to my school. Some of their prices are high on the website so hopefully it's a little better in store.

a couple of my customers said that they couldn't believe the price difference between online and in store, and it's all the same awesome stuff. plus, no shipping cost.

That would be awesome if it's still like that, they have some sweet stuff. I'm gonna head over there after school tomorrow. Thanks man.

That would be awesome if it's still like that, they have some sweet stuff. I'm gonna head over there after school tomorrow. Thanks man.

was as of last week :)

Sweet that's good to hear, it will be nice to get some frags in the tank. I

Just hope it will look as good in person as it does in my head. Lol.

Sweet that's good to hear, it will be nice to get some frags in the tank. I

Just hope it will look as good in person as it does in my head. Lol.

that can be the tricky part. but it will most likely end up looking better in person. that's usually how these things work out, as long as you're patient and don't fill it with kenya tree and brown buttons lol.

Archived