ReefCleaners.org

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

If you had better lighting you could do a clam in the middle. But that would be stupid to get better lighting just for a clam when all you're going to have is Zoanthids, Ricordea and other soft corals.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea Im not a huge fan of clams, If I was out of school and this tank wasnt gonna be in the dorm I would upgrade the lighting and get a nice collection of acans as well. But Ill keep it simple since Ill be moving it a few times a year.

It really depends on the types of zoa/palys you get, some require high lighting, others need low lighting. If you have the extra $50 to spend I would go with the 2x18w T5. Otherwise just keep your 20w light.

Thanks ddr, I plan to add some Nuclear green, ope, true gpe, true rpe, mohawks, ppe and a few others in march. I was thinking that Im sure the palys will be ok because my tank isnt very deep but still I dont want to take a chance on losing them. Plus I love T5 and thats what the fixture is.

***Update****

I placed a large order today:

I upgrading my light and heater and also added some equipment:

Current USA 18 inch 2 x 18 Watt T5

50 watt Visi-Therm Stealth Submersible Heater

Chemipure Elite

New coralife thermometer and a new light timer

Im stoked about the new lights and the heater.

***Update****

I placed a large order today:

I upgrading my light and heater and also added some equipment:

Current USA 18 inch 2 x 18 Watt T5

50 watt Visi-Therm Stealth Submersible Heater

Chemipure Elite

New coralife thermometer and a new light timer

Im stoked about the new lights and the heater.

All good stuff to be stoked about,

All good stuff to be stoked about,

Thanks man I cant wait to get the order.

good setup for lights on a 5.5 cant wait to see'm all up and running!

Thanks man, I think these lights are going to look really good on the tank

SWEET!! New lighting... B)

Yea the order should be here tomorrow, Im stoked.

nice choice on the new light

Thank you I got a sweet deal on it so I couldnt pass it up and I think T5 lighting is the greatest invention ever. As far as growth and color I would choose T5 over MH anyday, but I only keep softies and lps

T5 is definitely going to be a good choice for the palys you are looking to get. Each one of those will love more light. Looks like a great start Gerber.

'Grats on the new toys buddy.

Gonna look great sittin over that tank.

B)

Thanks man, hopefully this tank will start looking like something in the next few weeks.

T5's rock. B)

Thanks you :D

T5 is definitely going to be a good choice for the palys you are looking to get. Each one of those will love more light. Looks like a great start Gerber.

Thanks man, I was really worried that the 20 watts of pc just weren't gonna show the true colors of the palys.

Archived