Pod Your Reef

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too man but Im gonna be patient with this tank, Id say by early to mid march Ill have some nice coral additions.

What a vet

:happy:

PS

the new scape is very cool

and so are the T5's

You made me want to start another tank!

What a vet

:happy:

PS

the new scape is very cool

and so are the T5's

You made me want to start another tank!

Ive definitely learned the hard way rushing things. Patience is seriously the most important thing in this hobby.

Thank you very much. I love the scape as well Tonga branch is so fun to work with. Im glad Im inspiring you to start another tank, it was el fab's, diggmans. lalanis, and cuboy's tanks that got me thinking about the 5.5 and Im very glad I made the choice to start it.

Sweet man I think seahorses are alot of work if Im not mistaken

Yep

I dont know if that is a very good idea Nanobuds

Personally I dont think you should do it

first i will get the pico, let it cycle for two months and get the pod population high, lots of research, and get the right corals and algae for the seahorses. then buy one dwarf seahorse, if he surrives for a month, then two more.

Yep

I dont know if that is a very good idea Nanobuds

Personally I dont think you should do it

+1

first i will get the pico, let it cycle for two months and get the pod population high, lots of research, and get the right corals and algae for the seahorses. then buy one dwarf seahorse, if he surrives for a month, then two more.

I think it would just be much easier to have a tiny reef with a bunch of sexy shrimp.

Cool tank, I like the branch rock a lot, it's give it a more open look. Do you plan on putting GSP on a part of it, so it encrusts it?

Thank you, no on the GSP, I am going to cover the rocks with palys and ricordea.

Every frag of GSP Ive had its gotten out of control so Im not too big on it lol

I think it would just be much easier to have a tiny reef with a bunch of sexy shrimp.

Thank you, no on the GSP, I am going to cover the rocks with palys and ricordea.

Every frag of GSP Ive had its gotten out of control so Im not too big on it lol

+1 :P

If you were annoyed by GSP then I wouldn't recommend Xenia

duncans? :wub:

Interesting, I have never had duncans before I remember in the summer I think they were the craze everybody wanted them.

What do you all think of an acan or two with my lighting?

Moved my Biocube 29 home. I am wanting to do this setup at my office. Question?

Looks like you run the tank with a top, what is the evaporation daily?

I use a elec ATO on my BC29 and will have to on this tank because the tank will set unattended over the weekend. Debating elec ATO or a gravity ATO with a manual float valve and building a top to hide the ATO jug, lights ect.

Been debating the T5 light from DFS for a couple wks now. Looks like a good choice for the $. Thks for posting, helped me make that choice. 70w mH better but a big investment.

Moved my Biocube 29 home. I am wanting to do this setup at my office. Question?

You should definitely do it, I have had so much fun with this tank.

Looks like you run the tank with a top, what is the evaporation daily?

I usually top off with a 12 oz water bottle everyday. Its not very much.

I use a elec ATO on my BC29 and will have to on this tank because the tank will set unattended over the weekend. Debating elec ATO or a gravity ATO with a manual float valve and building a top to hide the ATO jug, lights ect.

Been debating the T5 light from DFS for a couple wks now. Looks like a good choice for the $. Thks for posting, helped me make that choice. 70w mH better but a big investment.

I really like the T5's and for what Im doing they are perfect. Im not a big fan of MH so I prefer T5 anyway. Goodluck with your tank.

I just got back from my trip and I can see a good deal of diatoms in the tank. Tomorrow I will do a 40% water change and then add some more CUC.

I took some picks of my 20L FW today, I got 1 good shot the others were ok.

FTS

IMG_2278.jpg

Nice colored female

IMG_2271.jpg

Hello Ms Cherry

IMG_2273.jpg

They are never seperated

IMG_2274.jpg

My gf's clown Nana

IMG_2290.jpg

Nice tank man :o I love it

Thank you I appreciate it.

I miss planted tanks sometimes.

Nice tank though. ;)

Thank you very much

I will be adding about 15 cardinal tetras soon. I havent had fish in there in months.

That would be sweet if I could have neons live for me, I swear those things seem to be fine for a couple months them boom they are all dead. As for Cardinals I can never seem to kill them.

Archived