Top Shelf Aquatics

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just might brow on the walls, I've had a kenya tree and some mushroom frags stick to the side of a hard plastic container.

yah it would!
They just might brow on the walls, I've had a kenya tree and some mushroom frags stick to the side of a hard plastic container.

A lfs has a tank completely covered by GSP on the back wall and sides, and he cuts like 4 inches a week from the front. It looks like a freshwater planted tank, pretty cool. I believe there is a guy on RC with a tank that has zoas on the back wall.

GSP is an encrusting coral that ###### will grow over anything.

Yes it does Im not a fan for it in any of my tanks.

looking good :)

Thanks brotha

Dude its looking awesome, i would trim the frag matts though, is there a way to take frags off them and get them to settle onto live rock? I'm going to look into it. Its the only thing i dislike about your tank is that it makes it look a bit unnatural.

Tank is looking great, Gerber!

I wish I could find myself some motivation...got some pest nems to genocide, and I should properly arrange my Ric garden, turbos keep bulldozing them over.

BTW, I got 5 Zoa frags coming tuesday!

if you dont mind me asking where did you order your rics from? I love your tank by the way rics zoas and palys are my favorites

Thank you, I got them from an online vendor through ebay. My LFS has great prices on everything but ricordea. He charges and arm and a leg.

he got them at his LFS i think

I wish man, it would have saved me a lot of money from shipping lol

Tank is looking great, Gerber!

I wish I could find myself some motivation...got some pest nems to genocide, and I should properly arrange my Ric garden, turbos keep bulldozing them over.

BTW, I got 5 Zoa frags coming tuesday!

Thanks code I appreciate it. I know how you feel about finding motivation. It took me 4 hours to clean and rescape the tank the other day, I kept putting it off and it got really dirty. Better do it now before they spread. Cant wait to see the xoas man.

Disk/plugs. I don't mean the tank looks unnatural in a bad way, i love the tank, its just the way some of the zoa's sit on stuff seems to spoil the effect. How are the mags going?

Disk/plugs. I don't mean the tank looks unnatural in a bad way, i love the tank, its just the way some of the zoa's sit on stuff seems to spoil the effect. How are the mags going?

I hear you, I hate when I have to glue the plugs or discs, BUT just wait till those Zoas grow above and beyond the disc/plug. This tank is going to look UNREAL as it grows!

btw, I just realized I have a serious problem. I AM ADDICTED TO ZOAS hahah. I want them ALL

I totally agree with you, I can wait for them to over grow the plugs and onto the rocks, it will look much better.

I hear you, I hate when I have to glue the plugs or discs, BUT just wait till those Zoas grow above and beyond the disc/plug. This tank is going to look UNREAL as it grows!

btw, I just realized I have a serious problem. I AM ADDICTED TO ZOAS hahah. I want them ALL

Exactly its gonna look sweet when they grow in. All in due time.

Im for sure addicted to zoas as well, Im gonna add a couple frags today or tomorrow.

WOW! AMAZINGGGGGGG. looks great,

do you have all that under 20w. because im thinking of getting the 20w and putting corals in right now i only have live rock.

Thank you very much, I got rid of the 20 watt light and upgraded to the Nova Extreme 2 X 18 watt T5 fixture. The coral is loving the extra light.

Archived