ReefCleaners.org

Gerber's 5.5 Pico

Gerber77

Yea I ordered a magnetic plug and something else that will look very cool in the tank. Im not saying what but its gonna be sweet when it arrives.

But to answer your question, two weeks ago I skipped a water change as I completely forgot about it. The corals werent fully opening but my parameters were just fine. I would not recommend not doing a water change. Its better just to do them regularly.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea I ordered a magnetic plug and something else that will look very cool in the tank. Im not saying what but its gonna be sweet when it arrives.

But to answer your question, two weeks ago I skipped a water change as I completely forgot about it. The corals werent fully opening but my parameters were just fine. I would not recommend not doing a water change. Its better just to do them regularly.

Yeah, i've noticed my zoas have closed earlier than usual, must be something that i can't test for. Saying that all my crabs are alot more active today than usual.

Not any right now, I'm just letting everything grow out. I've been really busy with school and work. I'm thinking about using H2O ocean salt

cool. i gonna save up for a fan for my nano-cube, temp has been getting high for my liking. so i need to save up for that. so no big new additions for me in a while. after that i am gonna work on my mandarin training project

nope. but i am really gonna prepare for one. they are my most favorite fish ever!!! and when i am determined to do good on something, i never give up. so im gonna try my best to keep one alive

m'akoyPINOY

hey gerber,what's your coral list by now!it's hard to get the frag bug!TOTM for sure.

you can't stop getting more frags.me i got the chalice :haha: bug,i keep thinking chalice day and night.

Thanks man, I will be getting another when they get some more in. No sexies yet but hopefully soon.

hey gerber,what's your coral list by now!it's hard to get the frag bug!TOTM for sure.

you can't stop getting more frags.me i got the chalice :haha: bug,i keep thinking chalice day and night.

Thank you buddy, I have that zoa bug, when I see something nice I HAVE to have it lol.

Gerber's Zoa and Paly list:

Nuclear Green

Purple Death

Tubbs Blue

PPE

True RPE

True GPE

Orange Bam Bams

Kedd Reds

Armor of Gods

Mohawks

True Blues

Cats Eyes

Purple Fission

Pink Zipper

Omens Amazing Pinks

Hypnos

Blue eyed girls

Candy Apple Greens

Watermelons

Spartans Pride

10 Ricordea

1 Orange Yuma

what, like three days and nothing new?? :o

You feelin' OK buddy?? :huh:

:lol:

I know its been too long since I have bought anything for the tank. Its kind of bumming me out lol. I really want to upgrade to a 15 AIO so I have more room but Ill let everything grow out for a while. I still have my eyes on the classifieds though :D

reefman225gal

Wow!! Gerber Its been a minute since I stopped by to check out the tank, and I see you've been stocking this bad boy. Love the new coral editions and the goby. B) Looking good man!

el fabuloso

Dude, you're insane. You need help! How do you keep up with all the zoas? They all look the same to me. :P

You totally missed out on MAX. I have never seen so many corals in one place I didn't know what to do. Vivid was there with some good stuff and I picked up a couple of pieces from them. ;)

Not any right now, I'm just letting everything grow out. I've been really busy with school and work. I'm thinking about using H2O ocean salt

I think i'm getting my own r.o. unit and salt, i am sure my lfs is dosing their water with phosphate, i don't add anything to the tank i haven't had from their system so... The cheato is getting the nitrate and phos down a bit, but i am still getting cyano, i hate the stuff i'm constantly having to dust the rocks twice daily...Found the culprit to my zoas unhappyness, asternea star is on the rock, also a small red and yellow anemone, it moved across the hole tank in a matter of hours at first i thought i had a new zoa that was a mutated one of the green, then it clicked when i couldn't see the nem. i can't get the nem out but i will move the asternea might flush it. Not sure what to do with it though.

Wow!! Gerber Its been a minute since I stopped by to check out the tank, and I see you've been stocking this bad boy. Love the new coral editions and the goby. B) Looking good man!

Thanks man, this tank has definitely been stocked very fast, I wasnt planning on stocking so fast but that zoa bug got me so I got all the nice zoas and palys I could find lol.

Dude, you're insane. You need help! How do you keep up with all the zoas? They all look the same to me. :P

You totally missed out on MAX. I have never seen so many corals in one place I didn't know what to do. Vivid was there with some good stuff and I picked up a couple of pieces from them. ;)

I know man, I checked into therapy a few days ago hahah. Im so bummed on MAX but I knew I would have broke the bank and would seriously have needed a tank upgrade. What did you get from there?

zoa list = insane.

you do need therapy. I'm calling someone right now. this is a serious matter. :P

Thanks brotha!!! Your tank is looking great.

I think i'm getting my own r.o. unit and salt, i am sure my lfs is dosing their water with phosphate, i don't add anything to the tank i haven't had from their system so... The cheato is getting the nitrate and phos down a bit, but i am still getting cyano, i hate the stuff i'm constantly having to dust the rocks twice daily...Found the culprit to my zoas unhappyness, asternea star is on the rock, also a small red and yellow anemone, it moved across the hole tank in a matter of hours at first i thought i had a new zoa that was a mutated one of the green, then it clicked when i couldn't see the nem. i can't get the nem out but i will move the asternea might flush it. Not sure what to do with it though.

I totally feel you on the cyano, the LFS water has phosphates as well and Im starting to see a little cyano in a low flow spots, its very depression. So I believe Im going to make the switch soon.

I totally feel you on the cyano, the LFS water has phosphates as well and Im starting to see a little cyano in a low flow spots, its very depression. So I believe Im going to make the switch soon.

I'm sure they have done it deliberately to get me to buy salt from them or anti-phosphate chemicals. Its jokes, really i am asking people in the store when i go whether they have phosphate issues from the stores water, i might name and shame them at the reef group that meet locally as the store is one of their sponsors/supporters.

Get one that is trained to eat frozen from the lfs. It will be much better.

i will try too, but they usually sell them the first week they get them. if i cant, then i will try to train one

How do you plan on transporting your tank home gerber?

First I will have a 5 gallon bucket of pre mixed saltwater ready for when I get home, then I will bag up the fish, coral and cuc. The I will empty about 3/4 of the water into a 5 gallon bucket and place the rock in there. The 1/4 remaining water will stay in the tank and Ill try and not disrupt the sandbed and water still in the tank, while Im driving home. Lucky enough school is only about an hour and a half so its not a very long ride. Everything should be fine.

Update: Today is a major cleaning day, done with school and the gym and no work. I will be cleaning everything, changing 50% of the water and redoing the scape. Im started to get cyano in some spots and gha on some of the rocks. Pics up later tonight most likely tomorrow since everything will prob be pissed off.

Archived