Top Shelf Aquatics

T5HO Information

Weetabix7

Anyone have any opinions or pics of...

Blue+

Purple Plus

Blue+

Aquablue Special

I'm either doing that, or subtracting one blue+ and doing a true actinic when we get back from our honeymoon I'm ordering on October 14th if you can wait lol.

PS: <33 the Rabbit in your sig. I used to have a '79.

Anyone have any opinions or pics of...

Blue+

Purple Plus

Blue+

Aquablue Special

I just got those bulbs yesterday, and it looks good. It's very similar to my previous 3 ATI blue plus and UVL actinic white combination (probably why I like it), but it's less red and blue. Overall, the color is bright with a hint of blue (and maybe purple).

I just got those bulbs yesterday, and it looks good. It's very similar to my previous 3 ATI blue plus and UVL actinic white combination (probably why I like it), but it's less red and blue. Overall, the color is bright with a hint of blue (and maybe purple).

Pictures.

seahorsedreams

Looking for lighting for a 210g room divider tank, 84.5L x 24"D x 24"H. It's going to be a FOWLR.

I had been looking at ATIs and Constellations but was told to go with the Nova Pro for what I need.

I don't want anything too bright because one side of the tank faces into the TV room.

For bulbs I was looking at....

ATI blue plus

Purple plus

Blue plus

GE 6500k day light

ATI Blue plus

Blue Plus.

Then I was thinking it might be better to have a "duller" blue on the TV side.

Suggestions?

Remember FOWLR.... no lighting sucking corals :-)

Edited by seahorsedreams

looking to get some new bulbs..any ideas on what i should get i want a look of 14000k. tank mostly sps, current bulbs are

2 ati blue +

1 ati blue special

1 6500k ge.

tanks a 20 long

current nova extream slr 4 bulb

looking to get some new bulbs..any ideas on what i should get i want a look of 14000k. tank mostly sps, current bulbs are

2 ati blue +

1 ati blue special

1 6500k ge.

tanks a 20 long

current nova extream slr 4 bulb

Switch out the GE 6500 for a Fiji Purple (or Purple Plus?).

All other bulbs can stay the same.

disaznguy817
I just upgraded my 15g to a 20H, here's the pics. Same light fixture and bulb combo. :)

Random-Shrimp.jpg

Side.jpg

Angle-FTS.jpg

EDIT (Fixture type and bulb combo):

CurrentUSA Sundial 4x24w

2 x 24W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent by ATI

1 x 24W Super Actinic T5 HO Fluorescent by UV Lighting

1 x 24W Fiji Purple T5 HO Fluorescent by Korallen Zucht

wow I've been looking at which combinations to get with my T5's and I really like how your tank looks. You just made my decision a lot easier... thanks!

New Bulb Combos:

Hi everyone, I'm looking for recommendations for my tank (which can be viewed from my signature).

I have the Tek T5 8 bulb 48" light. There's a catch, the two outer bulbs on the back and front are on one circuit, and the four inner bulbs are on another circuit. I like the dawn to day to dusk effect so consequently I have had to arrange my bulbs so the "day time" ones are in the center and the darker/bluer ones are on the perimeter.

Right now my current set up is:

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Aquablue Special

Midday Giesemann D&D Powerchrome

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue Plus

So as you can guess, if you haven't looked at the pics from my tank the colour is very yellow. I originally selected so many mid day bulbs because I wanted great growth (which I have got) and I liked the "sunlight" look. However now I am looking for a more white with "pop" look so I would like some bulb recommendations both in terms of what type of bulbs AND the order they would be in (keeping in mind the circuit issue).

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. ( I will definitely be adding a KZ Fiji Purple after reading the last 90 pages of this thread!) hahaha

Hey guys, my bulb combo is ATI blue +, Fiji purple, UVL super act, ATI blue +

My tank is super blue (obviously) and looks pretty cool, but I feel like there's a better setup that would give me more of a "clear blue" ocean look. I think i want to replace the UVL actinic because of its low PAR, and possibly the Fiji purple with ATI aquablues. Do you think this would look better and promote better growth?

2x ATI Blue+, 1x ATI Aquablue Special and 1x ATI Purple+ arriving on Monday the 18th. Be excited.

I would love to see what this looks like :D I was thinking of doing the same combo. Post pics!! Please!

Hey guys, my bulb combo is ATI blue +, Fiji purple, UVL super act, ATI blue +

My tank is super blue (obviously) and looks pretty cool, but I feel like there's a better setup that would give me more of a "clear blue" ocean look. I think i want to replace the UVL actinic because of its low PAR, and possibly the Fiji purple with ATI aquablues. Do you think this would look better and promote better growth?

That will give you a crisp white color, but not a lot of "pop" in color.

Try replacing the one Super Actinic with an Aquablue.

ok gonna give this a shot, have a 2 bulb fixture on my 33L. If you were to pick 2 bulbs to make an oceanic white what would you go with? thanks for any pms or replies. need 2 new bulbs and wondering what to do. thanks

ok gonna give this a shot, have a 2 bulb fixture on my 33L. If you were to pick 2 bulbs to make an oceanic white what would you go with? thanks for any pms or replies. need 2 new bulbs and wondering what to do. thanks

If you want a white look, get one ATI Blue+, one ATI Aquablue Special.

Hey guys n gals. im in the market for a tek 4 or 6 bulb fixture. what bulb combo will make my tank look like Disneyland on acid? something like sonnys SPS reef from RC. he does run a 8 or 10 bulb ATI fixture though.

If you want a white look, get one ATI Blue+, one ATI Aquablue Special.

ok thanks. as far as fixtures, I have a Coralife and thinking about a Hagen Glo. Are these good fixtures for matching those bulbs. I'm keeping zoas, rics, and frogspawn. Not gonna go anymore intense as far as the corals I keep, ust want some nice colors

• 2 weeks later...
Backwerds Man
2x ATI Blue+, 1x ATI Aquablue Special and 1x ATI Purple+ arriving on Monday the 18th. Be excited.

Where are my pics!? ;)

Edited by Backwerds Man

Eh, there are some pictures in my thread, but I haven't bothered to get the white balance quite right. I must say, I'm not 100% satisfied with this bulb setup. I know I need to give my coral time to color up, as most of them were in pretty bad shape after multiple tank moves / no light for 3 weeks, but the overall tank color is still REALLY white. I even tried substituting the purple+ or the aquablue special for a giesseman blue bulb I had, and both times it looked weird.

Any suggestions?

Will I still get good growth if i go with 5 blue+ and one Fiji purle on sps corals? I switch out the aquablue special for a blue+ and man I love the way the corals look!

That will give you a crisp white color, but not a lot of "pop" in color.

Try replacing the one Super Actinic with an Aquablue.

I think I'm going to do this too.

How do you know when it's time to replace your bulbs?

I've had these bulbs running for 8 months about 7 to 8 hours a day.

Time to replace them all?