SaltCritters.com

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clownfish1124
Thanks Joel! I'm using a Canon Rebel xti with the stock lens and a macro filter, but I'm hoping to get a real macro lens soon.

amazing pictures! can you give me a link to the macro filter?

i love the sunny d zoa!

Thanks for looking and leaving nice comments guys :flower:

clownfish, I bought my micro filter at ritz camera. Mine is a Quantarary +10 close-up filter.

PICTURES!!! My SLR isn't charged, so I had to use my point and shoot camera.

Magician

IMG_5452.jpg

Orange Crush acan... I kind of killed it when I was moving it around =(

IMG_5459.jpg

DENDRO!!! My favorite!

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

UF Envy Orange

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

unknown...

IMG_5472.jpg

Watermelon Blasto!! I got the best deal on this... he normally sells them for over $100 a polyp! I paid something like $20 :party: I love my coral guy =)

IMG_5465.jpg

two rics

IMG_5473.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

I also bought a Tyree flower petal monticap and a lemon drop acro... I'll take more pictures tomorrow when my other camera is charged.

joel sandoman

How long have you had that dendro? I have had mine for over 6 months and virtually no growth.

And oh yeah, who's you coral guy?

very nice corals, i hope to stock mine soon if money permits. sorry if i missed it but what kind of inverts do you have?

A butt load of sexy shrimp... I think I have like 10... and some snails. I still need to add the inverts from my 14 gallon, so I'm going to have 2 pom pom crabs, 2 porcelain crabs, some hermits and some more snails.

How long have you had that dendro? I have had mine for over 6 months and virtually no growth.

And oh yeah, who's you coral guy?

I just bought it today. I had 2 other dendro heads, but they died when I went on vacation.

You have such a beautiful tank!! :D

thank you :blush:

sweet pics!!!omg those envy orange are insane!!!!!! me want!!!

Thank you! they are really pretty.

so I'm going to have 2 pom pom crabs, 2 porcelain crabs, some hermits and some more snails

hmmmm, since we think alike can i copy what you have as far as inverts for my tank, lol. i still need to do some research with sexies shrimps but i do like them.

hmmmm, since we think alike can i copy what you have as far as inverts for my tank, lol. i still need to do some research with sexies shrimps but i do like them.

well..... since we think so alike you would have gotten the same inverts anyways..... DUH! hehe go for it! I love sexy shrimp! they just run around and shake their cute little booties all day.

Amazing pics as always Lauren, even the PnS camera ones, hehe! ;) I'm amazed at how close to true to life colors you can get in your pics. My white balance no matter the setting just never adds up quite as well. =/

That orange crus is insane, it almost looks rainbowy more than orange crush like, but that makes it even more sweet looking!!

I'm still working on my mini new BTW. :)

Right now I have a filter running and I will be using a skimmer sometimes, so it should be ok.

Amazing pics as always Lauren, even the PnS camera ones, hehe! ;) I'm amazed at how close to true to life colors you can get in your pics. My white balance no matter the setting just never adds up quite as well. =/

That orange crus is insane, it almost looks rainbowy more than orange crush like, but that makes it even more sweet looking!!

I'm still working on my mini new BTW. :)

Thank you =) What camera are you using?

The orange crush is really cool..... toooo bad I smashed the hell out of it... :tears: ohhh welll at least a little bit of it survived.

Right now I have a filter running and I will be using a skimmer sometimes, so it should be ok.

Thank you =) What camera are you using?

The orange crush is really cool..... toooo bad I smashed the hell out of it... :tears: ohhh welll at least a little bit of it survived.

I've had worse. A while back I had a NICE all red blasto mini colony fall atop one of my nice rics. Must have been like that for 6-8 hours at the least!! I pulled the blastos off and at least 5 heads were toast as in NOTHING left of them, fortunately the 2 biggest heads were still there but about 75% of each... The ric I honestly didn't think would make it, there was TONS of zooanthelle puking out from it's mouth and it went from nrmally half dollar sized, to dime sized. Needless to say BOTH corals recovered fully and the blasto grew back flesh on all of the damaged parts. :) So that orange crush should work itself out over time.

As for the camera I use, I have a Canon PowerShot S1 IS. It's a wonderful camera but for some unknown reason never came with a macro mode. That's really my bottleneck with the camera, other than that it takes wonderful pics! Yes, I plan to get a DSLR eventually here, hoping to get a Canon Rebel XTi or XS... :wub:

I've had worse. A while back I had a NICE all red blasto mini colony fall atop one of my nice rics. Must have been like that for 6-8 hours at the least!! I pulled the blastos off and at least 5 heads were toast as in NOTHING left of them, fortunately the 2 biggest heads were still there but about 75% of each... The ric I honestly didn't think would make it, there was TONS of zooanthelle puking out from it's mouth and it went from nrmally half dollar sized, to dime sized. Needless to say BOTH corals recovered fully and the blasto grew back flesh on all of the damaged parts. :) So that orange crush should work itself out over time.

As for the camera I use, I have a Canon PowerShot S1 IS. It's a wonderful camera but for some unknown reason never came with a macro mode. That's really my bottleneck with the camera, other than that it takes wonderful pics! Yes, I plan to get a DSLR eventually here, hoping to get a Canon Rebel XTi or XS... :wub:

The orange crush is looking a lot better! only two of the heads died. I have the canon XTi!! I love it =)

Wow! I love those pink and blue rics!

thanks! I just got two reeaaallly nice multicolored ricordeas today! :happy:

new shots from my bf <3! the sand bed is kind of a mess with stuff I'm going to be selling.

I just noticed that my toadstool wasn't open for the pictures :flame:

_MG_2746.jpg

_MG_2750.jpg

_MG_2747.jpg

_MG_2756.jpg

_MG_2757.jpg

_MG_2758.jpg

_MG_2759.jpg

My favorite paly!!!

_MG_2761.jpg

my second favorite! lol

_MG_2762.jpg

The ric garden is like whoa!! :o

PPEs = :wub: lol!!

So what's gonna be on the selling table? hehe

The wife's bro-in-law has an XTi which I've used a couple times and after using it, I've been sold on wanting to get one. Indeed a great DSLR camera!!

Archived