Pod Your Reef

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

ooooh that sucks... I hope your dad agrees on an ADA!

Well he said he'll think about it. Still needs to see the tank. He has no problems with the idea, just wants to see the tank. fingerscrossed I should be able to get it. Time to start planing out a stand cause i hate my tank being on my dresser so i have to get a ladder to get into it.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol you're right! it looks really long in that picture!

Thank You!! =)

more pics!!!

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5185-1.jpg

Thanks! I really like how clean the setup looks. It makes me want to setup my spare 10gal as a really simple looking sps tank.

Well he said he'll think about it. Still needs to see the tank. He has no problems with the idea, just wants to see the tank. fingerscrossed I should be able to get it. Time to start planing out a stand cause i hate my tank being on my dresser so i have to get a ladder to get into it.

Did your dad approve???

Thanks! I really like how clean the setup looks. It makes me want to setup my spare 10gal as a really simple looking sps tank.

Set another one up!!! lol

I rearranged the rocks AGAIN! I still don't like how it looks though <_< Right now it looks like the Matterhorn. I'm going to pick out some more pieces of rock tomorrow.

IMG_5219.jpg

IMG_5223-1.jpg

Maybe I missed it but what are your actual plans for this tank? Are you going softie, sps, somthing else? Are you keeping your 14g or just upgrading the tank?

My 10 gal I want to set up is actually a 5g. Which means I'm not sure if I want to make it sps because the I think the calc/alk fight would become a lot of work. But considering I only have a 70W MH fixture lying around I'm not sure what else I can really keep. Maybe a whole galaxea tank... time to research

wow! very nice. I can't wait to see it turns out.

thanks! i'm really excited to get everything in it!

Maybe I missed it but what are your actual plans for this tank? Are you going softie, sps, somthing else? Are you keeping your 14g or just upgrading the tank?

My 10 gal I want to set up is actually a 5g. Which means I'm not sure if I want to make it sps because the I think the calc/alk fight would become a lot of work. But considering I only have a 70W MH fixture lying around I'm not sure what else I can really keep. Maybe a whole galaxea tank... time to research

I'm mainly going to keep rare zoas, acans, blastos and rics.... I'm hoping to buy a few really bright yumas! I also want to make a clam garden on my sand bed. I may get some SPS, but not right away.

I plan on selling most of the stuff in my 14 gallon and then move the corals I want to keep into the ADA.

I think you should make a super bright yuma tank!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

Thanks! I thought about that, but I don't really want a filter hanging off the back.

I had that setup once and it wasn't the best looking, granted I did it with an AC30 instead, but I just don't like HOB stuff when you're able to see it.

I had that setup once and it wasn't the best looking, granted I did it with an AC30 instead, but I just don't like HOB stuff when you're able to see it.

yeah, I hate how HOBs look on tanks.

I added a Tunze 6025 and a black background.... oh yeah I rearranged the rock again too!

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

These pics make me want an ADA tank... :( Looks great DeMartini!!

Thanks! you should get one! lol you could even just get the mini ADA cube.

the picture post ended up being the last post of that page, so here it is again.

I added a Tunze 6025 and a black background.... oh yeah I rearranged the rock again too!

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5234.jpg

They are pretty expensive tanks though aren't they, or so I thought... If I were still single, I'd totally set up a 3rd tank with an ADA, lol! Wife says 2 tanks is enough... :tears:

you've gone a long way already with your rockscape, i especially like the right side. i was kinda liking the no background look but i guess there would be no way to hide the wires.

im still slacking with my build and rattling my head out on how not to have any equip in the tank and hopefully get away with no background. i hope to have your input once i start my build ( actually have the stand sanded and ready for paint).

They are pretty expensive tanks though aren't they, or so I thought... If I were still single, I'd totally set up a 3rd tank with an ADA, lol! Wife says 2 tanks is enough... :tears:

Yeah, they are a little pricey, but they are definitely worth it.

Well no ADA for me, hopefully getting a 40breeder instead!

yay!! a bigger tank! good luck with that!

the ADA tank is sweet!!!

yeah, I love it!

you've gone a long way already with your rockscape, i especially like the right side. i was kinda liking the no background look but i guess there would be no way to hide the wires.

im still slacking with my build and rattling my head out on how not to have any equip in the tank and hopefully get away with no background. i hope to have your input once i start my build ( actually have the stand sanded and ready for paint).

Thanks! I actually redid the rocks again! I'm pretty neurotic about the rockscape lol it's driving me crazy!

I would totally have no background if I had my tank on something like a kitchen island where you can see all around the tank. if I didn't add a background then basically my background would be my white wall, which I don't like... plus the black background does a good job at hiding my, pump, heater, and cords.

Let me know when you start your tank thread! good luck! =)

wow that tank is nice and the black background really does hide the pumps well. i felt the same way when i first setup my rockscape too. i spent a very very long time rearranging the rocks. :)

Great, another tank to make mine look like crap..................

seriously though, I KNOW this tank is going to be pimp B)

I really like the look you got goin here and I am super jealous of the tunze! I want those sooo bad!

My koralia 1's just arent cuttin it anymore....anyway, its lookin great, keep up the good work

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys =)

I'm going to be ordering a 150 watt PFO metal halide pendant

oh yeah.... I rearranged the rock again, but i really really like it this time lol :rolleyes:

Thanks guys =)

I'm going to be ordering a 150 watt PFO metal halide pendant

oh yeah.... I rearranged the rock again, but i really really like it this time lol :rolleyes:

Do you have any updated pics of the new rockscape?

Do you use the same pieces of LR to make new scapes, or do you use different ones (or alter the LR to get the shape you want)?

i was gonna plan a small tank for the livin room. my parents are gettin the reefing bug. i was gonna get a ap12, but now i saw this. i totally forgot about ada's! u have inspired me to go this route! thanx!! cant wait to see more progress!! :)

Archived