inTank Media Baskets

I feel like a noob

jeremai

Ok, a better picher of my one lone coral, lol:

nw9-1.jpg

I'm going to order a few more things this weekend, hopefully. This thing is EMPTY.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o

nanowave.jpg

So how are you getting along with this new tank? Did you change out the pump? There is no fan and not a lot of vents for the lights. Are the lights staying cool enough? Mine came with the hood hinge pins not broken as well. The one thing I may change is the light wiring.

Yeah it kinda sucks the moonlights aren't wired separately from the PCs, but I can live with that. I like the tank so far. I left in the stock pump until I can figure out how to keep it from digging up the sand at the front of the tank - a well-placed clump of Halimeda may be in the works.

My temp swing (without the fuge light and chiller pump, mind you) is 78-81. The hood gets warm, but it's not too bad. Blowing a fan at the vent holes would probably help during the summer, I'm too lazy to DIY some fans into the hood.

Nice shot, Jer. I like those dark green ones.

You want me to send you some frags? :P

Meh, maybe someday. :rolleyes:

Yeah it kinda sucks the moonlights aren't wired separately from the PCs, but I can live with that. I like the tank so far. I left in the stock pump until I can figure out how to keep it from digging up the sand at the front of the tank - a well-placed clump of Halimeda may be in the works.

My temp swing (without the fuge light and chiller pump, mind you) is 78-81. The hood gets warm, but it's not too bad. Blowing a fan at the vent holes would probably help during the summer, I'm too lazy to DIY some fans into the hood.

Meh, maybe someday. :rolleyes:

I noticed it didn't have a directional outlet for the pump. Sounds like it needs one. I ran the lights for a while and seems like they get pretty hot. I may try some creative venting or fans if needed. I see how you flooded it with the light cover hanging below the rim of the tank. Did you try running the skimmer at all to see if it works? Hard to complain to much for $89 delivered to your door.

Nope, I haven't tried the skimmer. It looks like a pretty solid design, though. I'm thinking I may pop it on in the three-month interim between adding fish and adding seagrass, just as a precaution.

I was thinking maybe taking my Dremel and enlarging the vent slots in the hood, that should make a big difference with airflow.

I'm happy with the directionality of the water flow, it works for what I'm planning, I'm just not sure if I need to bump it up or not. Still trying to dig through all the DSB research RE: flow rates. :wacko:

i vote pipefish.

Any that stay small and eat foods I can buy at the LFS? (read: minimal effort on my part)

Your ginger looks handy, no?

He's an engineer, but there's no way in hell I'm going to let him into my little nano world. He gets the dog, I get the reef. :ninja:

Don't misunderstand, he is fully aware of the hobby. I just don't want him to get hooked, cause then we'll have to make weekly trips to the LFS together and argue about who's doing the waterchanges, blah blah blah. I want my reefing life separate from my love life if at all possible. He can admire the tank from bed if he'd like, but I don't want him involved.

We made a deal: I won't talk about biology if he doesn't talk about math. Good thing he has an aptitude for photography or we'd have nothing to talk about at all. :rolleyes:

Don't misunderstand, he is fully aware of the hobby. I just don't want him to get hooked, cause then we'll have to make weekly trips to the LFS together and argue about who's doing the waterchanges, blah blah blah. I want my reefing life separate from my love life if at all possible. He can admire the tank from bed if he'd like, but I don't want him involved.

We made a deal: I won't talk about biology if he doesn't talk about math. Good thing he has an aptitude for photography or we'd have nothing to talk about at all. :rolleyes:

Reading this out of text you'd think you were a hetero... married couple. :huh:

How did you think gay couples acted? ;)

you really wanna ask that question...here :huh:

:D j/k lolz,

edit: i lol'd at the "postnatal parasite" comment...:D

How did you think gay couples acted? ;)

:lol: I just assumed they all acted........ well......gay and stuff.... :huh: ......... :P

Really I was just laughing at your post sounding soooooooooo married and I just had to be sarcastic. :)

Yeah, that's what I meant :)

Archived