ReefCleaners.org

I feel like a noob

jeremai

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, I feel like a noob, but I'm not a noob. So no, I don't think it is overkill. :)

The S. elegans requires the high lighting level, and I've found zoanthids to do much better under metal halides than lower lighting, as well. As long as the temp is under control (and I have a chiller, so no worries), I think this tank will shape up very well.

Still algae. I decided on the S. elegans for the rock's showpiece with zoanthids encrusting the rest of it. Still working on the left side of the tank - I'm waiting for a couple nice macros, and either a good Moseleya or Porites with Spirobranchus (!).

Oh, and Mr. Venti White Mocha (with a sleepy Sasha), for Amber:

red.jpg

Nice job Jere. Cute pup, too. :D

I like the shrimp as well. I told Daniel recently that I wanted some of those, but I have no where to put them. Do not suggest another tank we have to many as is. :lol:

clownfish1124
lol, I feel like a noob, but I'm not a noob. So no, I don't think it is overkill. :)

The S. elegans requires the high lighting level, and I've found zoanthids to do much better under metal halides than lower lighting, as well. As long as the temp is under control (and I have a chiller, so no worries), I think this tank will shape up very well.

I am assuming you also have an ATO as well?

I am assuming you also have an ATO as well?

Eventually, maybe. It goes through about a cup and a half of water a day, so manual top offs aren't too bad. I'm keeping the temp at 76.

Nice job Jere. Cute pup, too. :D

I like the shrimp as well. I told Daniel recently that I wanted some of those, but I have no where to put them. Do not suggest another tank we have to many as is. :lol:

You can pretend my shrimp is yours... or I could name it after you! :)

I'm also hoping I can get some Ricordia to enjoy this light, as Periclimenes shrimp are known to host in Ricordia. We'll see. I'm also debating a Urocaridella sp. :wacko:

Hey thanks. Like I said before I'm a little out of the reefing loop in Vegas, so I appreciate the help. :)

Have you seen any S. elegans around? I remember Lucky always seemed to have them, but that was like a year ago, so...

You're welcome. I want those rics but I don't have any room for them. If I can just get my other tank up and running!

I haven't seen any S. elegans lately. But then I'm not a big fan of leather corals so I don't really look out for them to be honest. lol Have you been to Lucky lately? If anyone would have it it would be them.

The schnauzer came with the redhead.

I lost my macro lens, it'll be a few minutes...

schnauzer is cuter.

hurry up...gees :P

schnauzer is cuter.

Don't you redheads stick together? Like some strange pasty-skinned, befreckled fraternity? ;)

Ok, my camera bag has been misplaced. Interesting. Here's a quick-and-dirty with the kit lens, the only one I could find:

palys.jpg

The pinks are already opening, but not the greens.

edit: damnit, Jer beat me to it. Nevermind the 'worthless without pics'

Fail on my part.

Layoff the redhead insults, I'm a day-walker myself.

Tank looks good, Jer. I like the overkill MH. Nice rock, too.

Layoff the redhead insults, I'm a day-walker myself.

:o

WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!!

omgomgomg

Tank looks good, Jer. I like the overkill MH. Nice rock, too.

Thanks. :)

Archived